BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
///M ichael
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: HiAce

H&R Cup Kit

Just got a good price on H&R Cup Kits "Sport" for my 135...

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/cupkits/

Is it good or just go KW V1 :iono:
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I have had great experience with the cup kits for the E46 and E9X series. I find them to be a perfect street setup as they lower the car and improve the handling without being too harsh for everyday use. Not to mention, they are VERY competitively priced as a full suspension replacement system.

I would honestly tell you to hold off on the coils unless you are serious about suspension adjustment (track junky or need a specific setup). I made the plunge into coilovers and looking back, I spent extra money for adjustability I do not use. For an everyday street performance setup that can withstand track use, the cup kit will be more than adequate.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

HOw much is the H&R cup kit?
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
hbiscuit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I've never had any personal experience with the Cup Kit, but back in my E36 days they were regarded as a kit that was detrimental to performance.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
QJS
St8rin' Thru My Rear View
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I have had great experience with the cup kits for the E46 and E9X series. I find them to be a perfect street setup as they lower the car and improve the handling without being too harsh for everyday use. Not to mention, they are VERY competitively priced as a full suspension replacement system.

I would honestly tell you to hold off on the coils unless you are serious about suspension adjustment (track junky or need a specific setup). I made the plunge into coilovers and looking back, I spent extra money for adjustability I do not use. For an everyday street performance setup that can withstand track use, the cup kit will be more than adequate.
+1

I had stock Belistiens on my Cup Editon VW Beetle annd changed them to H&R's Cup Kit and also tried the KW V2's. The H&R was most suitable for street and bumpy roads, the KW's was better on track, rigid/bumpy on street the way i like it.

It all depends on your driving style. If ur like me, taking racing lines everywhere u go safley, then i recommend the KW's to minimize body roll.
      02-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post

I read in this thread that the H&Rs were regarded as detrimental by the e36 crowd, any truth to that vs stock?