BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
Jon.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 125i

Custom License Plates

Hey guys, I've been wanting to change my license plate to a euro-style one lately (from the most basic one I think) and I found out that I can actually order a Euro styled plate online from Bimmian or Jlevi. Bimmian actually even talk about Australia on their page for this product.

Of course I'm not going to fake a number, using the same license plate number as I currently have, but is it illegal to get the plate custom done? As it is much cheaper off Bimmian and Jlevi and they have small customising quirks such as carbon fiber frame etc, I want to get it off them.

But I don't want it to get me pulled over though =/ Do you think police/rta have records of what kind of plate you have as well?

If not I'll just buy a euro plate mount and order a euro plate off rta then. Also want to change this because my BMW dealer did not drill my holes straight so it visibly wonky -_-
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

completely illegal, and just asking for trouble.

Quote:
umber plates
Number plate basics

All vehicles registered in NSW must have official number plates mounted and clearly displayed at the front and rear. Motorcycles and trailers only need to have number plates on the rear.

The plates must match the details on the vehicle's Certificate of Registration.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
Jon.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 125i

Thanks for the confirmation, rtaplates.com it is!
Appreciate 0