BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
mrrosie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 - BMW 135i ~SGM ~

DPs, CEL, Dyno Tuning and COBB

Hi all,

I have been doing a bit of searching on the forum and haven\'t really had much luck finding conclusive info on the following questions (and it doesn\'t really help that I\'m using an iPhone to search)...

- who is a known, reputable installer for DPs in Sydney?

- if I install DPs on an \'08 N54 without a tune/piggyback, will it throw a CEL? I have seen a number of varying responses on this topic...

- what are your thoughts on dyno tuning vs the piggy back units of JB4 and ProCede? (please no wars on JB4 vs ProCede).

- is anyone using COBB in Oz on 98 octane? How does it perform?

PS. I am not looking for achieving maximum output from my car, moreso an extra bit of safe \"oomph\".

Thanks in advance!

Have,but still to install: 12mm Wheel Spacers front and back...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

1. Advan Performance will do it, other places might be out there as well

2. without a tune, YES it will throw a CEL. If the DPs have cats then maybe a CEL/No CEL but if going catless DPs definitely a CEL if there is no tune there

3. The piggyback units are so advanced these days it doesn't seem necessary to 'reinvent the wheel' by going with a dyno tune.

4. can't comment on Cobb... but the bigger players are JB4 and Procede and they are popular for a reason.

Start with a tune on your car, then add DPs if you feel like you need more power...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
mrrosie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 - BMW 135i ~SGM ~

Thanks Bmr, that was a very helpful reply!

Have,but still to install: 12mm Wheel Spacers front and back...
Appreciate 0