BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #45
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Would the rotors itself fit our factory 135 calipers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
not a chance, I think justin did a side by side photo somewhere of his rotor next to the nashin and iirc the nashin is about 50% fatter
What pavo335 said...

But seriously if you are considering upgrading the rotors in lieu of track day use, I suggest you replace the calipers too.

Whilst the OE front calipers on a 135i are 6 pot Brembos, they have been known to fail under track day conditions.

There are threads on various forums that discuss the premature fail of the piston seal and in some cases I have seen pics, where the piston itself was beginning to disintegrate.

It would appear the caliper components can not tolerate the extreme temperatures that come from running aftermarket pads, when tracking the car aggressively.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-24-2012 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #46
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
I agree with the consensus... These look like mild hentai, and I don't blame Rai for venting his slot

Those rims look pretty damn clean after a track day!!
Haha, loved the "mild hentai" comment.

Yes the rims are clean, but the pics were taken after Pete had given them a thorough bath.

He is a fussy old bugger and likes things to be just so...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #47
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Great to hear. Can't wait to see the other caliper colours and fixed 355x32mm rotor
Cool no problem, I have requested that Irene chase up some suitable pics for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #48
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi guys,

here are a few more pics of Nashin N-Series calipers in "Garnet Red" and "Diamond Silver".

The first 2 pics are of a N7 6 pot caliper and the last is also a 6 pot caliper, but the smaller N5.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #49
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

This is probably a really random question but the garnet red, is the paint a sparkling type of paint like what audi uses for their garnet red paint or just regular "glossy" ?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #50
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
This is probably a really random question but the garnet red, is the paint a sparkling type of paint like what audi uses for their garnet red paint or just regular "glossy" ?
Ummm,

I am not entirely sure, but after looking closely at the pics I suspect it's "just regular glossy", but a very glossy red at that.

Here are two more pics of a N3 & N1-R caliper in "Garnet Red".

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #51
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I know this is probably asking a lot but do u think you can get Irene to put the garnet red caliber next to a orange 1m or a sedona red 1 series LOL?

All the photos show completely different colours due to lighting scenarios and flash >_<!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #52
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I know this is probably asking a lot but do u think you can get Irene to put the garnet red caliber next to a orange 1m or a sedona red 1 series LOL?

All the photos show completely different colours due to lighting scenarios and flash >_<!!!
Haha,

yes that is most definitely asking a lot and I suspect will never happen.

However I appreciate what you are saying with regards the change in colour as it's quite significant in some shots.

I will see if Irene can take a couple of "Garnet Red" calipers outside the factory around midday and take a few pics with no flash.

That should give the most accurate representation of the "Red", not withstanding the colour accuracy of the camera.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #53
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

there has been more than a little controversy and some conjecture, regarding the company history of Nashin and its origin.

Whilst I am not permitted to reveal specific details regarding the origin of the Nashin brand, I can say that Nashin brakes are just that, a brand name.

The company behind Nashin brake components is S-Meng Industrial Co.,Ltd and was registered as a company in Taiwan in 1994, their first brake rotor was released to the public shortly thereafter. They were also the first Taiwanese company to produce a "floating" rotor.

The factory itself is very much a professional operation, all the components are assembled by hand and undergo rigorous QC checks prior to shipment.

Whilst it's true that their "Monobloc" caliper has only been available for a few years (2009 in fact), their 2-piece "Billet Forged" calipers and 2-piece "Floating" rotors have been available for many many years, as their R&D had focused primarily on race car application.

In recent years Nashin has worked very hard to develop an extensive range of components that allows for a direct fit, OE upgrade on a wide range of motor vehicles, as illustrated in their attached 2012 application guide.

I also have a lot more information direct from Nashin, regarding their range of "Street", "Sport" and "Competition" brake pads.

Specifically replacement cost, service life, operating temperature threshold and dust level, I will post all of that up shortly.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Nashin 2012 car application guide.pdf (6.28 MB, 239 views)

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-30-2012 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #54
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi Gents,

here are the replacement costs for the "Street", "Sport" and "Competition" pads in the following caliper applications.

N1-R (2 pot),
Street: $87.50
Sport: $137.50

N3 (4 pot),
Street: $115.00
Sport: $167.50
Competition: $325.00

N5/N7 (6 pot),
Street: $142.50
Sport: $215.00
Competition: $337.50

All of the above prices are inclusive of GST, but exclusive of shipping.

The service life of both Street & Sport pads are quoted at 15,000 - 20,000 km.

The Competition pads are quoted at 10,000 km.

N.B. the pad life I have quoted above is based upon spirited driving, it's NOT indicative of normal street use.

You could expect as much as 30,000 - 40,000 km from both the Street & Sport pads under normal driving conditions.

The operating temps of the Street & Sport pads are 50 - 550 degrees Celsius and 50 - 650 degrees Celsius respectively.

The Competition pads perform optimally between 270 - 800 degrees Celsius.

The pad dusting level is quoted as being low for Street, low to moderate for Sport and as you would expect from a Competition pad with a lot of bite, dust level is quite high.

Pete is running Sport pads with his BBK, from what I have seen the dusting of his wheels is not that bad at all, so for those guys that option up Sport pads I suspect wheel maintenance will not be an issue and even less of a concern when using Streets.

Lastly the prices I have quoted above are NOT inline, with the low introductory pricing of the BBK's we have advertised previously.

The replacement costs are indicative of our normal retail pricing on these Nashin pads, providing the US dollar does not rally strongly they will remain as listed for some time.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-16-2012 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #55
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hi Justin, could you quote me for the bbk, fixed rotor (355 mm/6 piston front & 330 mm/4 piston rear). I'm running on 19x8 +45 and 19x9 offset +48. That should be perfectly fine with those rotor sizes right?

I'm curious on the larger 380 mm and the rear 345 mm fixed version as well. I'm doubting that they would fit on my 128i....

Could ya tell me some of the major difference between street and sport? It's probably a mundane question but I'd like to just get a better idea about it. I know the rotors will come with complementary streets which is perfectly fine
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #56
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Justin, could you quote me for the bbk, fixed rotor (355 mm/6 piston front & 330 mm/4 piston rear). I'm running on 19x8 +45 and 19x9 offset +48. That should be perfectly fine with those rotor sizes right?

I'm curious on the larger 380 mm and the rear 345 mm fixed version as well. I'm doubting that they would fit on my 128i....

Could ya tell me some of the major difference between street and sport? It's probably a mundane question but I'd like to just get a better idea about it. I know the rotors will come with complementary streets which is perfectly fine
Hey mate,

the 355 mm/6 piston front & 330 mm/4 piston rear setup you are interested in, will be cool for 19" wheels, no problem at all.

The 380 mm rotor is not available in the 1-piece "fixed" version, only the 2-piece "floating".

To be honest I feel a 380/345 mm combo would be overkill on a 128i, with the 355 mm/6 piston & 330 mm/4 piston setup being an already massive upgrade over your OE braking system.

The difference between the "Street" & "Sport" pads, is not super significant.

The Sport pads provide more bite than the Streets, they can also sustain a higher operating temp of 100 degrees Celsius. However the drawback is they will dust a bit more than the Streets too. Having said that with daily driving the Nashin Sport pads on Pete's car, appear to be quite a bit better with regards dusting, than the Hawk DTC pads that are on my 135i.

My recommendation would be to option up the "Sport" pads, if you are planning on tracking the car at anytime, if not run with the "Streets".

Lastly as far as the quote goes, I just have to speak to Irene from Nashin today and get a price on shipment from Taiwan directly to Canada. Once I have the shipping cost I will PM you the total cost.

Please provide your full shipping address.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-18-2012 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #57
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi Garduna,

I can supply a 355 mm/6 piston front & 330 mm/4 piston rear combination for $2,895 Australian dollars, which is inclusive of shipping via EMS direct from Taiwan to Canada.

Both front and rears rotors will be 1-piece "fixed", the front caliper being a N5 monobloc unit and the rear the smaller N3 monobloc assembly.

The calipers will be supplied with "Street" pads pre-installed and a complementary set of front & rear "Street" pads will also be supplied.

I can arrange for the use of "Sport" pads for both new and replacement, but there will be an additional charge for that.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-18-2012 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #58
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Cool,

Thanks for the info Justin. Much appreaciated! Sending you a pm now.

Another quickie question is are there any distributors/companies/online stores that also sell the same pads for easy purchase once my complementary set has been used up? What's the brand for those pads anyways?

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #59
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Cool,

Thanks for the info Justin. Much appreaciated! Sending you a pm now.

Another quickie question is are there any distributors/companies/online stores that also sell the same pads for easy purchase once my complementary set has been used up? What's the brand for those pads anyways?

Thanks again.
Hey mate,

I received you PM and I will get back to you shortly.

With regards replacement pads they can be purchased directly from Advan.

When it comes time to replace the complementary set of pads we are supplying to you, we can send you a set via DHL Express from our own inventory.

All 3 versions of the pad, that being "Street, "Sport" and "Competition" are made in-house by Nashin, using their own moulds and with a material composition that is of their own design, that has undergone rigorous testing and development.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #60
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi Gents,

Advan performance is pleased to announce we will be showcasing an extensive range of Nashin brake kits and associated components, at this years "World Time Attack Challenge" at Eastern Creek on Friday the 10th and Saturday 11th of August.

In lieu of our presence at Eastern Creek, we will be offering "Superlap" specials throughout the month of August on complete Nashin Big Brake Kits.

I will post up some very attractive pricing later today on complete kits we have previously advertised, in particular a "Superlap" super deal on the very same BBK that was installed on Peter's 335i and a 18" wheel friendly, version too.

In the meantime here are a few pics of just some, of the many Nashin components we will be displaying at the Time Attack event.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 08-04-2012 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #61
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Ok Gentlemen,

the "Nashin Big Brake Kit" we are pleased to offer as a "Superlap" special features a front and rear, 2-piece floating rotor assembly, monobloc calipers and all associated hardware required for fitment.

The front rotor is a massive 380 mm in diameter and the rear is 345 mm. The rotor's themselves are made of cast iron which has been nitrided, hence the unique colour of the rotor surface. Both front and rear rotors are heavily ventilated and have of thickness of 34 mm and 28 mm respectively. They can also be supplied "cross drilled", if you desire.

The front caliper is a N-series 6 piston monobloc unit, that is cast from aluminium alloy, it will be supplied with Nashin's "Sport version" pads pre-installed, as apposed to the "Street" pads normally supplied with a N-Series caliper. The rear caliper is also a N-series monobloc unit, but it is a 4 piston assembly utilising the same "Sport version" pads.

The brake pads are available in 3 different "flavours", Street Sport and Competition. The N-series calipers themselves are available in 10 different colours and are supplied pre-loaded with brake pads.

Lastly the BBK includes all the necessary high strength mounting brackets and fasteners for both front and rear rotors, as well as teflon lined brake lines, that are sleeved with a double layer of stainless steel.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions and please note the listed price is only for the month of August.

Cheers,

Justin.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-02-2014 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #62
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

any compatibility issues with ABS, traction control etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #63
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
There are no issues what so ever, all systems are totally compatible with all our
Big Brake Kits.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #64
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
Nope, none that Pete or I are aware of.

Peter put the Nashin BBK to the test at an Eastern Creek track day, a little while back.

The car was driven with the DTC/DSC "nannies" both on and off and the electronic driving aids were unaffected, by all accounts the brakes performed flawlessly.

Which is to be expected as similar kits have been previously installed by Advan, on far quicker and significantly more powerful GTR Skyline's, that have been seriously beaten on at the racetrack and the entire Nashin braking system has held up remarkably well.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #65
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Ooops, looks like Peter beat me to a reply by a whole minute.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #66
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

thanks boys. just working out funds, expect a PM!
Appreciate 0