BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #45
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXXXXX View Post
?...............So there is a hole in my trunk for a key lock that doesn't exist in my car?!?! I've got a 2011... That's discerning... Looks like I'm opening the box tonight to take a look. That's a MAJOR oversight on their part!
Where is your rapid response for this? But you blame me for potentially turning away customers?

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #46
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BSM 135i M-Sport

Amazing! HondaGoneRogue you have generated over three pages of posts (on my browser) over a quality control issue for a product you don't even own! While I'd admit a purchase from iCarbon is not insubstantial, there are a number of positive postings about dealings with iCarbon, including my own. Good grief, if you're that anxious about the product, don't purchase!

pge
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #47
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennislaw View Post
Amazing! HondaGoneRogue you have generated over three pages of posts (on my browser) over a quality control issue for a product you don't even own!

pge
I believe that makes me the smart one.

And because I didn't get taken for the ride of the summer, that makes these issues irrelevant?

It seems some agree. You have a right not to.

You also dont have to read this. In all honesty, i thought the thread would be over by the first page.

I feel we really haven't gotten anywhere. And obviously the mods agree as the thread is still open. It's not rocket science.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #48
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
That's the point. Some of us don't trust the process enough to give you the money (or product back in this case), for fear of having to wait forever while being given false timelines and shipping dates.

So your statement isn't entirely true. The issues wouldn't be as bad if people could trust the turnaround time for parts (from either initial purchases or replacements.) Obviously this is regarding hoods and trunks.

Let's not forget that the double sided pieces still aren't here.

This thread could have been dead already but you guys aren't getting it.

You guys should have just apologized and publicly rested peoples concern.
But instead you get offended and start defending the bullet hole in your own foot.

I hope my trunk will be flawless. Like the rest of the parts on my car.
Since you quoted me here I'll respond to what you posted.

DTMrack.com is NOT iCarbon. We do NOT take ANY time in shipping products. Our customers receive their products at an excellent timeline. No DTMRack.com customer has had to wait even a month, much less the time you state.

I know what you meant by the post. But iCarbon's problems have been not with their quality, or capability to replace pieces, but with their customer service. And that's where WE come in. If you want to have the product with QUALITY ASSURED RESPONSE TIMES, then you are welcome to buy from us.

You stated you started this thread to resolve some concerns you had. I have tried to answer any concerns you might have. I explained how as a distributor we would take care of any issues you might have with your pieces, I explained how we've done it for past customers, I explained you would have no long wait times for parts or pieces, I've tried to make you see that there is no risk in buying these pieces. Yet somehow you are still looking for something else.

Honda, if you want to place an order I am telling you that I WILL PERSONALLY BE RESPONSIBLE TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY. THAT THE PIECE ARRIVES WITH PERFECT QUALITY, THAT IF FOR SOME WEIRD REASON IT DOESN'T, THE PIECE WILL BE REPLACED, AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT MONTHS FOR IT TO BUT IT WOULD BE IMMEDIATE.

For those existing iCarbon customers who DO have issues, if you want to get them resolved, and you didn't purchase from us, I suggest you contact iCarbon, posting on a thread is not contacting iCarbon.

In fact, send me a PM with your problem and if it is legitimate, I'll take care of it myself. With your satisfaction as a priority ALWAYS.

I don't know what else there is left to say.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM us.

Cheers,

Setian
Sales Manager
DTMrack.com

Last edited by DTMrack.com; 01-11-2011 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #49
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Yep Honda, I agree that iCarbon has had some issues. However you are surely earning your "Rogue" name with this thead..lol.

The mesh was loose on my diffuser (I fixed it myself). Actually I originally ordered only the lip but they accidentally sent me the diffuser. I was in the groupbuy. In that groupbuy, an iCarbon rep guaranteed delivery or else $50 off per week and then they backed off that due to going to a better manufacturing method. In the end though I got a great lip and diffuser at a ridiculously good price. I think iCarbon sprouted from Gravity AutoSports, I also had great dealings with them.

I 100% trust that if I order something from iCarbon it will be pretty much the best product I can get for the price. Further, I 100% trust that if my part is flawed, iCarbon will fix it or do what is necessary to satisfy me.

I'm sure I'll pick up the iCarbon hood sooner or later. I've already dropped too much rear vs front weight with seat removal and a lightweight battery coming soon so I don't really need a trunk. If I did, for sure it'd be iCarbon.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #50
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
Since you quoted me here I'll respond to what you posted.

DTMrack.com is NOT iCarbon. We do NOT take ANY time in shipping products. Our customers receive their products at an excellent timeline. No DTMRack.com customer has had to wait even a month, much less the time you state.

I know what you meant by the post. But iCarbon's problems have been not with their quality, or capability to replace pieces, but with their customer service. And that's where WE come in. If you want to have the product with QUALITY ASSURED RESPONSE TIMES, then you are welcome to buy from us.

You stated you started this thread to resolve some concerns you had. I have tried to answer any concerns you might have. I explained how as a distributor we would take care of any issues you might have with your pieces, I explained how we've done it for past customers, I explained you would have no long wait times for parts or pieces, I've tried to make you see that there is no risk in buying these pieces. Yet somehow you are still looking for something else.

Honda, if you want to place an order I am telling you that I WILL PERSONALLY BE RESPONSIBLE TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY. THAT THE PIECE ARRIVES WITH PERFECT QUALITY, THAT IF FOR SOME WEIRD REASON IT DOESN'T, THE PIECE WILL BE REPLACED, AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT MONTHS FOR IT TO BUT IT WOULD BE IMMEDIATE.

For those existing iCarbon customers who DO have issues, if you want to get them resolved, and you didn't purchase from us, I suggest you contact iCarbon, posting on a thread is not contacting iCarbon.

In fact, send me a PM with your problem and if it is legitimate, I'll take care of it myself. With your satisfaction as a priority ALWAYS.

Cheers,

Setian
Sales Manager
DTMrack.com

You do not get much better customer service than that!!! It's the time to get your trunk HondaGoneRogue... NOW is the time with that promise!!!!!!! I dig that type of service, i almost want to order something just from reading that !!!
Indeed, i had to wait for my iCArbon goodies, indeed it was frustrating but damn i love my iCarbon Dry CF...I wish i had more money for a few more pieces..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 11:55 PM   #51
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post

Cheers,

Setian
Sales Manager
DTMrack.com
This. Awesome post and customer service. I'm gonna hold you to it! We will be in touch very soon.

I still believe people need an apology from iCarbon, but I cannot make them do something they don't feel obligated to do. No. You are not iCarbon, but it would be great if you were.

Thank you.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #52
sho-one
MMA fighter and F1 test driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4///M coupe bulletproof

Quote:
This. Awesome post and customer service. I'm gonna hold you to it! We will be in touch very soon.

I still believe people need an apology from iCarbon, but I cannot make them do something they don't feel obligated to do. No. You are not iCarbon, but it would be great if you were.

Thank you.
Lol let the people who deserve appologies fight their own battles.
NOW:08 M.Coupe SMB #102/248 #1669/1815
:|MORRVS8|APEX8|SS.X-pipe|SS.PW.Loop|AFE.intake|Matte.grill|short.ant|Z HP.knob|interior.LED|bulletproof
09 Audi Q5

THEN:96Accord|98Camry|04TSX SC|06 M3|06A4|05Civic Si|05Imprezza|05S2000|08FJ
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #53
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho-one View Post
Lol let the people who deserve appologies fight their own battles.
Why should a paying customer have to have a battle ?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #54
sho-one
MMA fighter and F1 test driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4///M coupe bulletproof

They shouldn't. But neither should potential customers. If I wanted to buy something and found out or came to the conclusion the company makes substandard products or has bad customer service, I'd prob just not buy it and instead looking for something else. Honda has every right to get all the information he needs before making such a huge purchase, I just would of gone about it differently and if I had concerns I'd change my mind about the purchase. But I guess he did get some good backing from dtm.

Customers who got screwed are totally different than someone demanding an apology for something he hasn't purchased yet. Or maybe he's just a strong consumer advocate out to help the community. This is not a personal attack, I just would of gone about this differently.
NOW:08 M.Coupe SMB #102/248 #1669/1815
:|MORRVS8|APEX8|SS.X-pipe|SS.PW.Loop|AFE.intake|Matte.grill|short.ant|Z HP.knob|interior.LED|bulletproof
09 Audi Q5

THEN:96Accord|98Camry|04TSX SC|06 M3|06A4|05Civic Si|05Imprezza|05S2000|08FJ
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #55
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

I pity Setian right now. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.
      01-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #56
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Man...after reading all this, I honestly feel like I just went thru a horrible divorce court hearing..

Fuck

Dunno what the hell to think bout ICarbon's stuff now
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #57
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

I just received my first icarbon part 2 days ago from DTMrack. The part looks to be near perfect, so thumbs up from me!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #58
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Man...after reading all this, I honestly feel like I just went thru a horrible divorce court hearing..

Fuck

Dunno what the hell to think bout ICarbon's stuff now
What you should take away from this thread is that even if the few iCarbon pieces that make it through inspection and have some type of defect make it to your house, iCarbon will take care of you. And if you buy through us, then both iCarbon and DTMrack will help you to make sure your expectations will always be met in the best possible manner.

I will say one thing though, from what we saw in SEMA, even the slight things that a few of you have posted on here that iCarbon is always willing to rectify, passes as quality with EVERY other company. (And I'm not even touching fitment).

As always, any help, hit that PM button! It's the quickest way from you to us.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #59
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
I just received my first icarbon part 2 days ago from DTMrack. The part looks to be near perfect, so thumbs up from me!
Very glad to hear this
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #60
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Exactly, its the only reason why I would ever spend this kind of money on parts is so that I can have a guarantee that I wont have wasted my money.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #61
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
So has anybody gotten their issues resolved? I haven't heard from anyone that had the defects.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #62
woner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 LMB 135i DCT

Quote:
So has anybody gotten their issues resolved? I haven't heard from anyone that had the defects.
My diffuser had a small chip on the edge from shipping and a couple of tiny raised spots in the clearcoat. DTMrack assured me even these minor issues were not the norm for iCarbon and offered to replace it. However, I changed my mind and kept the diffuser. I take good care of my car but nothing can stay perfect..I'm confident nobody will ever notice these minor issues and I'm very satisfied with the carbon piece as well as DTMrack's service. I have no experience with the hoods/trunks but I'd expect the quality and service to remain the same or better.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #63
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Hood and trunk on the way...will give review with pics.
      02-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #64
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

My spoiler is still on the way, so I'm keeping quiet until then.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #65
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep

Well, as an update. I haven't had anybody step forward with an issue. As we said before, anybody who has ANY type of issue will be taken care of.

We received ONE PM from a member which we answered and lost communication after that response.

We've shipped a few dozen trunks since HondaGoneRogue's last post and have not had a single complaint... on the contrary, praises left and right.

To date, HondaGoneRogue has not contacted us with any intention of getting an iCarbon piece.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #66
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Don't worry about my getting the piece. It MIGHT be because there are still issues. Now it seems the trunk may leak. There are people that still have issues they just aren't posting here for some reason. I wonder why? Fear of reprisal? I could link the posts if you like. Do you know how much ass pain I had to go through with my 2k exhaust? Or my 1.5k diffuser? Is there a problem with me being careful with a company that took peoples money and gave them an inferior product over half a year later? Please don't start this up man. I only asked for updates because of a CUSTOMERS post about some more issues.

You act like it's my fault that there are issues. This thread COULDN'T even exist if the products were as flawless as people were assured they would be.

2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 02-21-2011 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0