BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #45
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdmaxx View Post
Sti/EVO comes to mind and 370Z is on my radar.. It has potential..
135 is more of a GT coupe for me. Comfy, very fast and handling can be made nice..
If 370z comes in 200lb lighter than last gen like they are claiming, with 340hp, it will be a nice animal.

370Z looks to be very nice if the rumors are true.

I test drove the STi last night and I was not impressed much. The tranny was sloppy feeling to me. I am a little spoiled though when it comes to gearbox's since I am coming off an S2000:iono:
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #46
QJS
St8rin' Thru My Rear View
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-One-Da? View Post

370Z looks to be very nice if the rumors are true.

I test drove the STi last night and I was not impressed much. The tranny was sloppy feeling to me. I am a little spoiled though when it comes to gearbox's since I am coming off an S2000:iono:
Coming from an s2000 gearbox and going to something else with manual will be tough in choosing cars. I feel you, i drove my friends S2K and it has an amazing gearbox and the position its sitting is flawless, the feel of throwing it to the next gear is fantastic! Very precise, fast and very short. I wish all manual sport cars had the same feel you get when u shift as u get in the S2K.
      09-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #47
peppebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QJS View Post
Coming from an s2000 gearbox and going to something else with manual will be tough in choosing cars. I feel you, i drove my friends S2K and it has an amazing gearbox and the position its sitting is flawless, the feel of throwing it to the next gear is fantastic! Very precise, fast and very short. I wish all manual sport cars had the same feel you get when u shift as u get in the S2K.
I agree. Never owned an S2K but test drove one four years ago and I will never forget how buttery smooth the shifting was. I think a short shifter is gonna be my first major mod!

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
2022 RE Continental GT 650
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #48
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QJS View Post
As much as I am a manual guy there was no way I would be happy driving any car with a manual after the S2k. That is why I had to go with the paddles on the 1er:w00t:

I am a great driver with the S2k gearbox but with the STi gearbox I am novice at best:biggrin:
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #49
QJS
St8rin' Thru My Rear View
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppebmw View Post
I agree. Never owned an S2K but test drove one four years ago and I will never forget how buttery smooth the shifting was. I think a short shifter is gonna be my first major mod!
Its a MUST! Specially with the long shift style BMW has, its nearly like driving a manual SUV. Its sickening.