BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #67
Beemerman91
Private
Rep
Drives:

Kiety, Dan at United provides excellent service and great prices. I wish I ordered my Spoiler through him rather than through the dealership. Although I got my black grilles from him...I'm hoping when I pick up the car they will give me a rubber floor mats...we'll wait and see i guess. Did you end up paying duty to customs for your windblocker? If it helps Kiety I've been staring at my grilles!

Le Mans Blue
M-Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound
Navi-Package
Carbon Graphite Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #68
Kiety
The ONE
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Cabriolet

Surprisingly, I wasn't charged any customs, I can't remember which service delivered it but I had my card out ready to pay for duty.

I'll check when I get off work.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:32 AM   #69
Kiety
The ONE
Rep

Actually I can't seem to find the shipping box anymore, but I remember it came with a big 'pre-paid' sticker on it so I'm guessing that's why I was not charged any duties on delivery. Past experience tells me I just got lucky with this one. It was either shipped with Fedex or UPS.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #70
Beemerman91
Private
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for checking Kiety, I didn't get charged duty on the grilles because I thought it was such a small transaction that they didn't really bother. However I'm still looking to get the mirror caps which are about 350, and I knew the windblocker was hovering around that price as well so that may caught some eyes at the border.

Le Mans Blue
M-Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound
Navi-Package
Carbon Graphite Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #71
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Kiety, did you email Dan@United directly or did you just do it through their website? I'm thinking about picking up the M mobility kit as well since I'm not getting RFT snowies.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #72
Purgatory
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 xDrive 5.0

Ordered my 135i today!

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered my 135i today, probably got jammed a bit on the price, as I could have bought it in the US and moved it up. However, I wanted a CDN spec and waranty etc.

Here are specs if interested:
2008 135i Coupe
Jet Black
Letherette
Premium Sound Pkg - with USB
M Sport Pkg
Deleted Black Shadow Trim, with Aluminum substitute.
Comfort Access
Glass Sunroof

Taxes in = $48,999, yikes!

Anyone in Calgary pay more or less than this?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #73
Beemerman91
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatory View Post
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered my 135i today, probably got jammed a bit on the price, as I could have bought it in the US and moved it up. However, I wanted a CDN spec and waranty etc.

2008 135i Coupe
Jet Black
Letherette
M Sport Pkg
Comfort Access
Glass Sunroof

Congrats to you! Welcome to the 1 series club - very exclusive of course. Is your car already built or do you have to wait for production in Germany?

Le Mans Blue
M-Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound
Navi-Package
Carbon Graphite Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #74
Kiety
The ONE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
Kiety, did you email Dan@United directly or did you just do it through their website? I'm thinking about picking up the M mobility kit as well since I'm not getting RFT snowies.
I pm'd him before I placed the order.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #75
Beemerman91
Private
Rep
Drives:

Kiety, I noticed you got the Premium Sound Package do you know if your getting your USB/IPOD Y Cable adapter through the dealership? I went to see my CA the other day I was told that the Y adapter is not included (ridiculous btw) so I told him to throw it in...he told me to wait and see when the car gets closer to delievery. I'm wondering if we can get the cable from Dan @ united instead...

Le Mans Blue
M-Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound
Navi-Package
Carbon Graphite Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #76
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerman91 View Post
Kiety, I noticed you got the Premium Sound Package do you know if your getting your USB/IPOD Y Cable adapter through the dealership? I went to see my CA the other day I was told that the Y adapter is not included (ridiculous btw) so I told him to throw it in...he told me to wait and see when the car gets closer to delievery. I'm wondering if we can get the cable from Dan @ united instead...
Beemerman, are your iPod songs from iTunes? I would consider staying away from the iPod cable if your music is not DRM. If you just have MP3s, I believe it works like a removable disk.
      06-11-2008, 03:51 AM   #77
Kiety
The ONE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerman91 View Post
We don't get the USB cable with our premium sound or with the USB option, sadly. But I got a 16gb cruzer contour flash drive for that, I hate itunes to death so unless someone buys me an ipod I would never need the Y Cable :biggrin:

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #78
JC Jai
E.I.T
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

2008 135i Coupe
Jet Black
Letherette
M Sport Pkg
Comfort Access
Glass Sunroof

I'm in Edmonton, but FCUK that's a good deal. Does that include the shipping/delivery ? I'm paying ~47600 (taxes + shipping included) and it does not have Premium Sound, M Sport Pkg or Comfort Access - everything else being the same as yours otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #79
canlefty
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 MW/SO

Quote:

2008 135i Coupe
Jet Black
Letherette
M Sport Pkg
Comfort Access
Glass Sunroof

Congrats... That's about right price wise. I've got pretty much the same spec, but I've got the Premuim Package as well but no on the comfort access... All said and done, delivery, tax...etc, we're looking just around $53k.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #80
Purgatory
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 xDrive 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Jai View Post
I'm in Edmonton, but FCUK that's a good deal. Does that include the shipping/delivery ? I'm paying ~47600 (taxes + shipping included) and it does not have Premium Sound, M Sport Pkg or Comfort Access - everything else being the same as yours otherwise.
Yup, my car is coming from Germany, unless they can modify an existing order (unlikely). Yup, that also includes shipping and all taxes. I was a bit concerned that I might be paying too much, but I guess I'm doing alright.

Thanks for the welcome fellas! Although, I'll be lucky to see the car before September I'd imagine.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #81
Kiety
The ONE
Rep

even if they modify an existing order it'll still be coming from Germany

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #82
ridsama
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 AW 135i M

Quote:

2008 135i Coupe
Jet Black
Letherette
M Sport Pkg
Comfort Access
Glass Sunroof

Wow very nice deal, check sig for spec but after everything i'm paying just a bit over $51k
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 02:07 AM   #83
Kiety
The ONE
Rep

I see your pickup is June 14th!

How is it? are you excited?

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #84
JC Jai
E.I.T
Rep
Drives:

wow you and me both got shafted compare to Purgatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridsama View Post
Wow very nice deal, check sig for spec but after everything i'm paying just a bit over $51k
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #85
Beemerman91
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrons1969 View Post
Beemerman, are your iPod songs from iTunes? I would consider staying away from the iPod cable if your music is not DRM. If you just have MP3s, I believe it works like a removable disk.

Well my songs aren't purchased from Itunes if that is what you mean. I do have a few IPODS laying around and I'm probably going to use one of them as a my source for music...all my music are in MP3 or MP4 formats...I was reading on some of the other forums that the Apple IPOD use a specific cables to control/function with the 1 series.

Le Mans Blue
M-Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound
Navi-Package
Carbon Graphite Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #86
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

It is my understanding (humbly remembering my car is still waiting to be built ... and therefore what do I know?), that you can use an iPod connected to the USB port only, but play it using the USB input control, rather than the iPod control. The difference being, the USB input treats the iPod like a removeable disk, not an iPod. You then just copy your MP3s on to the disk rather than via iTunes.

As a USB disk, all songs are access over the USB connector, the HU downloads, decompresses and plays the MP3s, using the directory structure on the USB device as a menu structure. There have been a number of discussions as to whether there is noticeably better for sound quality doing it this way.

Finally as an iPod, the USB port is used for Command and Control, but the docking station cable they provide uses the Auxilliary input to get a Line-level audio output into the sound system. In this case the iPod is doing decompression and playing of the MP3s, and there is potential quality loss transmitting analogue signals to the HU.

The benefit of USB mode is potentially improved sound quality (although unlikely most could tell), you can use an iPod or any other USB device, you can save $100 or more, and potentially you can still use the Auxilliary input for another source such as Satnav, laptop playing DVDs, etc. The big downside is that the iPod can not play the music as an iPod, nor can you access playlists on the iPod.
      06-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #87
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

I opted to get the iPod Y cable because I want to control and see the playlists on the HU. Ordered from Dan@United for less than half of what it costs at the dealer here.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #88
Beemerman91
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
I opted to get the iPod Y cable because I want to control and see the playlists on the HU. Ordered from Dan@United for less than half of what it costs at the dealer here.

Absolutely! If you don't end up getting the Cable from the Dealership for free...my next stop would be Dan @ United that guy is great!

Le Mans Blue
M-Sport Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound
Navi-Package
Carbon Graphite Spoiler
Appreciate 0