BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

iCarbon Design: Vivid Racing, Taking Over! Official Release.

December 02, 2009:

Hey everyone!

First of all, we want to thank everyone who participated in our Group Buy. We had a vision, brought it to life, and we're very proud of our 1 series lineup. Rest assured this is only the beginning of MANY more things to come.

As we mentioned all along, a necessary step in creating a better shopping experience for our most important asset, our customers, was to go STRICTLY wholesale on our products - no more retail sales.

We're proud to announce that Vivid Racing (www.vividracing.com) will be the EXCLUSIVE distributor of iCarbon products for www.1addicts.com.

What does this mean for our customers? We can now dedicate ourselves 100% to creating new, innovative products at great prices, while creating an even better shopping experience for end customers. Having a major market player and industry leader such as Vivid Racing on board is great for us, and with such an outstanding reputation in the High-Performance industry, our customers are going to experience fantastic customer service, quicker turn-around times, and a better buying experience all together.

We want to keep our dealer network small, with only high quality retailers that will treat our customers better than anyone else can and add value to our products. With such a fantastic company such as Vivid Racing as our exclusive www.1addicts.com retailer, we truly think EVERYONE will benefit.

Here's a little about Vivid racing:

"Since 2001, Vivid Racing has continually been making statements and catching eyes on how performance automotive tuning and business is done. Starting from nothing in hand to building a multi-million dollar company, Rob Rohn and Dan Mermelstein have made Vivid Racing into one of the most successful and recognized brands in the aftermarket industry. They have been featured in almost every magazine about their business and cars they have built. Rob and Dan have competed in 3 Gumball 3000 events, Bullrun Rally, and featured on ESPN2's "Import Racer" TV show. Vivid Racing has also built several demo cars including some for Pepsi/Mazda and Cusco/Subaru. Vivid Racing has established itself as a household name in the performance automotive industry to continually watch. Vivid Racing has come a long way and will continue to be there for it's number 1 priority which has brought us to this level.... It's Customers!"

Buy the iCarbon lineup at: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/icarbon-m-667.html

Vivid's iCarbon Blog post w/ videos!:
http://www.vividracing.com/blog/anno...-the-bmw-135i/

Vivid's 135i Project Car Buildup!:
http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...ject-135i.html

So with that, here are some pictures from our recent photoshoot as well as some pictures of Vivid Racing's project 135i with the full iCarbon lineup!

** Pieces in the pictures were initial prototypes, soon to be swapped out for final production pieces when the first production run is completed in the next week.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

We are really excited to be apart of the iCarbon product line for the BMW 1 series cars. As I have attested to on video and in pictures, the quality is actually really really nice. The rear diffuser I popped on at home in 5 minutes. The car has been transformed and well worth the upgrades.

Vivid Racing is committed to the BMW N54 community with many of our own products being developed through our www.agency-power.com brand. The iCarbon line is a nice addition to what we have started. From our start with the Subaru WRX in 2001 to our current success with the Porsche Turbo market, what matters to us is quality. While many other companies are dying left and right from the economy, Vivid Racing has continued to grow and surpass numbers. As a mult-million dollar company, our internal operations has expanded to constantly focus on the best online site to do your shopping.

We look forward to continually supporting the 1Addicts customers and the iCarbon brand beyond the 135I.
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Current Special Deal ending December 31, 2009

Buy any iCarbon Front Lip or Rear Diffuser and get FREE Shipping AND add either the rear wing or mirror covers for ONLY $100!!!

Don't want the rear wing or mirror covers? Get $100 off ANY Agency Power BMW 135I Product: Intercooler, Downpipes, Exhaust, Brakelines, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Current Special Deal ending December 31, 2009

Buy any iCarbon Front Lip or Rear Diffuser and get FREE Shipping AND add either the rear wing or mirror covers for ONLY $100!!!

Don't want the rear wing or mirror covers? Get $100 off ANY Agency Power BMW 135I Product: Intercooler, Downpipes, Exhaust, Brakelines, etc.
You guys want to verify if this is only for US customers? For the free shipping.. us Canadians and probably people over in the Europe market keep getting tempted with these free shipping deals that do not apply to us.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Yes it is FREE Shipping for USA 48 states only. BUT HOW ABOUT CANADIANS TOO!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
arok
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport

how much for some caps? they'r enot listedn on your site
      12-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
They're right here: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...8-p-82009.html
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Thanks Danger!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
arok
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport

yay, being sick makes me blind too! thanks
      05-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #10
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
So whatever happened with this? Was iCarbon Design dropped from Vivid's website?

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
So whatever happened with this? Was iCarbon Design dropped from Vivid's website?
Are they not on there anymore?

Its sad that a company who has promised so much has disappointed and vivid probably realizes that this small company couldn't handle the types of orders and demands hence made their self proclaimed amazing customer service suffer...

Don't get me wrong I love their products and have obtained a diffuser from another member...

This goes to show if any of the big companies out there made a lip and other parts and are willing to put some effort into it that there are alot of revenue to be made here...

Last edited by M3Newbie88; 05-09-2010 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #12
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Are they not on there anymore?

Its sad that a company who has promised so much has disappointed and vivid probably realizes that this small company couldn't handle the types of orders and demands hence made their self proclaimed amazing customer service suffer...

Don't get me wrong I love their products and have obtained a diffuser from another member...

This goes to show if any of the big companies out there made a lip and other parts and are willing to put some effort into it that there are alot of revenue to be made here...

No, nothing from iCarbon is on the site anymore.

I have to agree. This car has been out for 3 model years now, and the exterior has gone unchanged (for the most part) the entire time. What is taking these companies so long to make parts for them? Its not only iCarbon, its others too. I know I'm a very impatient person, but its even worse when a majority of the stuff I want for my car are all back-ordered, or in a situation like this stuff from iCarbon. I was very interested in that front lip and rear diffuser

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
dont poo poo iCarbon, they are a start up company for parts for our cars. I would rather wait for PERFECT parts then get crap that others push out, esp for my car. I am type A and can not stand when shit isnt done correctly, so i appreciate a company taking the time to back up their products and get it right. I know waiting for stuff sucks, cause you just want it now...but there really isnt much to do 'bout that (except find more crap to buy and wait for!)

If vivid ditched iCarbon than that is probably better for iCarbon. I am sure once things start rolling out, they will have no issues selling their products.

And seriously, Andy and Chris have been great dealing with all the griping going on here. They have been really easy to deal with and friendly. Def a top vendor to me!

Last edited by mineo77; 05-09-2010 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

+1, it is no skin off icarbon's back if vivid ditched them. They have got me as a customer and many feel the same. Also next time they are not taking pre-orders so when parts are for sale they will be ready.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
+1, it is no skin off icarbon's back if vivid ditched them. They have got me as a customer and many feel the same. Also next time they are not taking pre-orders so when parts are for sale they will be ready.

Chris and Carlos have always been cool w/ me, sometimes i get frustrated but its cause im impatient. I have faith in them and we're only two weeks away
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I understand where some people are coming from saying its not icarbons fault or making excuses for them but as a business person and a company don't you all think that before opening a company or mass advertising a product you should be able to handle the volume and focus on customer service especially since you are a small company? Are you telling me right now I should open a company and say hey I can produce products and go into back order for everything for a few months? Thats when people go to the BBB to report companies for false promises and advertisements.. All do respect to you people who support this but when money is involved thats a different story. And if you are telling me that not providing interest or compensation (was happy to know at that time people might get $50.00 for their trouble or watever they said) for taking this long is unfair then please continue to wait and dream. Also Escobar929 I will see your post here in 2 weeks like the last 2 weeks and the last 2 months about you waiting amen... btw I am fustrated at the Vorsteiner lip also lol as I am waiting for someone to actually get theirs....

Sorry for the rant but any business person should know that opening a company that can't handle their product volumes is a no no especially when you make people pay first in full.. if I bought something from icarbon or any other company and am waiting this long.. a call to the BBB would have been done already however like I said I obtained a diffuser from another member and will get it in a week A WEEK... not a month or half a year.

So I will come back and see some of you post here again waiting for that lip and other products you ordered and don't say I told you so.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I'm in mixed feelings about this. I haven't been too impressed with iCarbon's promises to deliver their products on time but their dealings with clients have been very professional. At the end of the day if iCarbon weren't making these parts we would have nothing. At the same time I feel as though we have funded their business from the beginning, but we have also been provided with quality carbon fiber products at a fraction of competitors prices. I only have my diffuser but I am 110% satisfied with it. I look forward to receiving my other parts shortly.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
I understand where some people are coming from saying its not icarbons fault or making excuses for them but as a business person and a company don't you all think that before opening a company or mass advertising a product you should be able to handle the volume and focus on customer service especially since you are a small company? Are you telling me right now I should open a company and say hey I can produce products and go into back order for everything for a few months? Thats when people go to the BBB to report companies for false promises and advertisements.. All do respect to you people who support this but when money is involved thats a different story. And if you are telling me that not providing interest or compensation (was happy to know at that time people might get $50.00 for their trouble or watever they said) for taking this long is unfair then please continue to wait and dream. Also Escobar929 I will see your post here in 2 weeks like the last 2 weeks and the last 2 months about you waiting amen... btw I am fustrated at the Vorsteiner lip also lol as I am waiting for someone to actually get theirs....

Sorry for the rant but any business person should know that opening a company that can't handle their product volumes is a no no especially when you make people pay first in full.. if I bought something from icarbon or any other company and am waiting this long.. a call to the BBB would have been done already however like I said I obtained a diffuser from another member and will get it in a week A WEEK... not a month or half a year.

So I will come back and see some of you post here again waiting for that lip and other products you ordered and don't say I told you so.
lol, i hear ya. its been a long difficult road. lets just hope this is it this time
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #19
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

I am still waiting for my Lip, but iCarbon has never failed to keep me updated and remember some of use are sitting on the original CF Lip we got and don't need to return it and will get a 2nd and far better replacement lip very soon. I too am frustrated but I am still overwhelmed with excitement over receiving my new, enhanced and greatly improved lip at the end of this month AND the NEW products that will follow very shortly........remember ther is talk on Skirts, Hood, Trunk, Roof spoiler, Intake etc and at the end of the day, we know that any new product from iCarbon with be first class as they know the importance of getting it right first time. My diffuser is great, fitted straight on and looks real sick !