10-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #23
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by atv12 View Post
my friend has kw ddc and his going to sell it out through it works bad on track
Mhhh, I'm a bit surprised to read this. The best on track from KW is the Clubsport, but it is really too hard for road use. But otherwise, and in my experience, the DDC works very well on track in it's hardest setting. It is definitely firmer than the stock suspension. And you when you drive back home you can dial a more "friendly" set-up by pushing a button, or using an I-phone.
I think that your choice depends on what you plan to do with your car:
A lot of track >>> JRZ or KW Clubsport
A lot of road >>> KW DDC.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #24
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBoy View Post
Mhhh, I'm a bit surprised to read this. The best on track from KW is the Clubsport, but it is really too hard for road use. But otherwise, and in my experience, the DDC works very well on track in it's hardest setting. It is definitely firmer than the stock suspension. And you when you drive back home you can dial a more "friendly" set-up by pushing a button, or using an I-phone.
I think that your choice depends on what you plan to do with your car:
A lot of track >>> JRZ or KW Clubsport
A lot of road >>> KW DDC.

Would agree, the DDC are affectively V3's but the ability to adjust electronically, fine for the occasional track use, frequent track time go 3 way clubsports .....

Turner Motorsport seem to rate the DDC on their own M3
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-kw...coilovers.aspx

Vid - Turner Motorsport M3 and M3 race car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VRunu6g17pQ
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 05:07 AM   #25
atv12
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: ///1M Coupe

i've got info that kw v3 is made of taiwanese components. it explains v3's cheapness..
about ddc - my friend told me that they don't work as he expected and he's looking towards clubsports.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #26
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

That info is not correct re Taiwanese components for V3's which are actually made totally in-house, V3's are based on the tech from the racing application and can be serviced and rebuilt just the same but in some areas they are stronger (incl bump stops) enabling the struts/dampers to deal with pot holes etc you may encounter on roads, as for the DDC, my opinion and experience it works very well, but If my 1M was used frequently and mainly as a track tool like my OPC then clubsports would be my choice, but with the clubsports matched with progressive competition springs I wouldn't even consider using my OPC as a frequent use road car other than driving to and from track as I do, it is harsh on the road, so you need to rule up where you are looking to gain and where you are willing to loose ..... plus with 3 ways you really want to know what you are doing when it comes to chassie adjustment if you are looking to frequently change the settings.
Appreciate 0