BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
BMW-X
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe

Replacement bulbs for the angel eyes

I just picked up my 135i this past weekend at Welt and noticed that the angels eyes were the nasty yellow light, instead of the nice clean white blue light. I would like to hear your suggestions on what bulbs to change them out with, and if you have a picture of yours that would be great. Right now I was looking at using GP Thunder 8500K Xenon Platinum Whites, I would like it to look as close as possible to the color of the angel eyes on the current 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
ChristianReyess
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpk-1series View Post
I just picked up my 135i this past weekend at Welt and noticed that the angels eyes were the nasty yellow light, instead of the nice clean white blue light. I would like to hear your suggestions on what bulbs to change them out with, and if you have a picture of yours that would be great. Right now I was looking at using GP Thunder 8500K Xenon Platinum Whites, I would like it to look as close as possible to the color of the angel eyes on the current 3 series.
I second this, just picked up my 135i couple weeks ago, and first thing I did was immidiatly install a JD4. AMAZING.

But the Angel eyes in nasty yellow bug me SOO much, im looking for a quick fix as well... so know that you are not alone!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
BMW-X
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianReyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpk-1series View Post
I second this, just picked up my 135i couple weeks ago, and first thing I did was immidiatly install a JD4. AMAZING.

But the Angel eyes in nasty yellow bug me SOO much, im looking for a quick fix as well... so know that you are not alone!

These are the lights that I was referencing to, but I wanted to see if anybody had any better options before I purchased them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P1_KBPr8xk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Lux makes a very nice LED setup and Burger Motorsports also has a product. I have the latter and they look quite nice.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0