BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Does anyone in michigan have their prod no?

I am still patiently waiting for my production no. Does anyone in MI have their production no yet? I wanna make sure my dealer isn't setting me aside. I am going for the NAIAS. Hope there is a 135I and they'll let us in.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
mgoblue135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I ordered my 135 at the end of December and received my production number that day. What dealership are you trying to work with?

FWIW, there is supposed to be a 135 at the NAIAS. I am not sure if it will be unlocked though.
      01-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue135 View Post
I ordered my 135 at the end of December and received my production number that day. What dealership are you trying to work with?

FWIW, there is supposed to be a 135 at the NAIAS. I am not sure if it will be unlocked though.
Bavarian motor village. The SA talks very nicely but he hasn't been able to get me a production no. He says he has only the demo 135 ordered. Which one did you order through? Howz the waiting list there? I am getting a bit impatient.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
mgoblue135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I ordered through Erhard. They got allocations for 3 1-series right after Christmas. I took one of them and someone took another - I am not sure of the 3rd one.

You may also want to try Ann Arbor. I spoke to a sales person there a while back. He actually called me a few days ago, so I assume they have a allocation.

If you can hold out and buy through Erhard, I would suggest that. They have been really good throughout the process. There are 2 sales people I can point you to @ the Farmington Hills location if you decide to go with Erhard.
      01-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I ordered through Erhard. They got allocations for 3 1-series right after Christmas. I took one of them and someone took another - I am not sure of the 3rd one.

You may also want to try Ann Arbor. I spoke to a sales person there a while back. He actually called me a few days ago, so I assume they have a allocation.

If you can hold out and buy through Erhard, I would suggest that. They have been really good throughout the process. There are 2 sales people I can point you to @ the Farmington Hills location if you decide to go with Erhard.
Hi...

Thanks mucho for the info. Can you give me the names of the guys at Farmington or Bfield hills? Also at annarbor?

I wanna try everywhere...:biggrin:

Thanks again..!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
FreeBMW.net
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

I am the 1st one at Erhard. feb 9th production. Mine will be the first one they deliver!!! Talk to Aaron Brunson @ the Bloomfield location. The 135 will be my 3rd BMW from him!

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Congrats, and welcome, FreeBMW. I wish mine were free. :smile:
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
mgoblue135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBMW View Post
I am the 1st one at Erhard. feb 9th production. Mine will be the first one they deliver!!! Talk to Aaron Brunson @ the Bloomfield location. The 135 will be my 3rd BMW from him!
Congrats FreeBMW! :smile:

I am the 1st one at Erhard Farmington Hills - production number 390XXXX with a supposed production date of Feb. 4. I also got a AW 135is, so maybe we will be next to each other on the production line! :thumbup:

Keep me posted as to the progress of your car...ours should follow relatively the same schedule. I think...
      01-21-2008, 03:38 AM   #9
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
After my constant bugging, Bavarian motor village placed my order for week 7 production. Do you regularly buy your cars from Erhard, Bloomfield?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
mgoblue135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
After my constant bugging, Bavarian motor village placed my order for week 7 production.
Congrats, coolguy!

What production number did they give you?

BTW, our cars will nearly be twins! :wink: I have the same set up, except I don't know what "SSTT 2 or helix attache" are...
      01-22-2008, 01:25 AM   #11
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats, coolguy!

What production number did they give you?

BTW, our cars will nearly be twins! :wink: I have the same set up, except I don't know what "SSTT 2 or helix attache" are...
Thats kewl... I thot I might see you guys at the Autoshow:biggrin:
My prod no is starting with 390****. Isn't yours prod week6 ? SSTT2 and Helix Attache are tuner chips to increase the hp and torque likely above 350/350. SSTT2 should be an easy piggyback. I am planning to install them after the break in period.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #12
mgoblue135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Thats kewl... I thot I might see you guys at the Autoshow:biggrin:
My prod no is starting with 390****. Isn't yours prod week6 ? SSTT2 and Helix Attache are tuner chips to increase the hp and torque likely above 350/350. SSTT2 should be an easy piggyback. I am planning to install them after the break in period.
I am confused about my production week... It was week 6, then changed to week 4. Now, they tell me Feb. 4. I am planning to call them again today, but I need to wait until lunch.

I travel during the week, so I wasn't able to go to the Auto Show during supplier days. We did end up going on Sunday. Have you been yet?

There were soooooo many people crowded around the 135 on Sunday that I didn't get to spend quality time with it. It was the first time I saw one in person. And, after sitting in it, I am a million times more excited about it! :biggrin:
      01-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #13
B25 Jim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Wish I coulda made it to the Detroit show... we went to LA and couldn't sit in the car... or even get close enough to touch it... I was a little miffed.. my wife was PISSED. She pretty much wont get too excited until she sits in the car... which will be when we pick it up, unless the dealer gets a demo car first.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #14
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am confused about my production week... It was week 6, then changed to week 4. Now, they tell me Feb. 4. I am planning to call them again today, but I need to wait until lunch.

I travel during the week, so I wasn't able to go to the Auto Show during supplier days. We did end up going on Sunday. Have you been yet?

There were soooooo many people crowded around the 135 on Sunday that I didn't get to spend quality time with it. It was the first time I saw one in person. And, after sitting in it, I am a million times more excited about it! :biggrin:
Congrats on jumping to week4. Wish the same could happen to me:biggrin:
This is my story I posted earlier on the main forum of 1addicts:

I have been to the detroit autoshow today(Saturday) and have spent some 6 hrs roaming around the 1 er from 9 in the morning telling my spouse at home that I have been looking at other cars

I also met ur2slow and we shared our enthusiasm together On my views, I like the 135's muscular stance and the rear fenders are awesome. They look a lot better in the real world than in the pics. Trust me on this. The front headlamps aren't as pronounced as in pics and the so called defect on the top middle of the headlamps is very very negligible. You can't feel it really. I am 6'2" and might be a 5'4" can sit in the back seat but I can't see myself convincing my friends to sit in the back The sports seats are fantastic and one should get the sports package just for the seats and the thick nice feeling steering wheel. The dash is clean & nice but the navi seems like an afterthought and doesn't blend well. Trunk is decent and the battery compartment is very easily accessible if you wanna fiddle. I really like the cool exhaust tips and the rear lip is suttle but nice. I never thought I would like the taillights but in real they add to the fast and sporty nature of our little monster

The few gripes I had are the throws on the manny are long and I am not overawed by the clutch(I thought it would be much tighter or foot hugging). In comparision I felt the clutch and gears on the 08 subaru wrx were more slick. Might be the short throw available optional on the 335 might do the trick?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #15
topvega
Kinda sorta banned on N54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 SGM JB3

Quote:

Congrats... I just ordered mine today March 1st and amazingly I was the 1st at Freehold NJ.. I figured I wld be on a waiting list going in this late but I popped the 1 cherry at the dealership. Trading in my Infiniti 05 g35 6mt.. gonna miss her.. she was one hell of a ride.. no problems at all and plenty of head turns...thought about getting the g37 but it just can't compete engine wise...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #16
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

I ordered mine from Bavarian Motor Village on 2.07.08 and had 111 Order Accepted at AG code and Production Number that day on the paper work.

It finished Production on 2.25.07 and is in Bremmenhaven awaiting a boat.

They should be able to give you this info immediately.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #17
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

oh..old post and should have checked date
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #18
FreeBMW.net
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Mine hit US soil yesterday!!!

then I read the lease info in the ordering forum....I am thinking it might not happen now!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #19
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

Quote:
Mine hit US soil yesterday!!!

then I read the lease info in the ordering forum....I am thinking it might not happen now!!!!
What lease info?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #20
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Congrats FreeBMW! :smile:

I am the 1st one at Erhard Farmington Hills - production number 390XXXX with a supposed production date of Feb. 4. I also got a AW 135is, so maybe we will be next to each other on the production line! :thumbup:

Keep me posted as to the progress of your car...ours should follow relatively the same schedule. I think...

Hello guys,

Unfortunately, I won't be ordering my 135i until October. Initially I was going to order one sooner but decided to make some home improvements this spring and new landscaping. Not to mention I think I'm selling my vette this week because someone offered me a good deal.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone's 135i is at their dealerships. My last BMW was from Erhard's Farmington Hills location and i might head out there if anyone knows their delivery date.

If anything, just to say "hello" and perhaps a ride! :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #21
mgoblue135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
Hello guys,

Unfortunately, I won't be ordering my 135i until October. Initially I was going to order one sooner but decided to make some home improvements this spring and new landscaping. Not to mention I think I'm selling my vette this week because someone offered me a good deal.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone's 135i is at their dealerships. My last BMW was from Erhard's Farmington Hills location and i might head out there if anyone knows their delivery date.

If anything, just to say "hello" and perhaps a ride! :biggrin:
I just heard from Erhard FH today - my 135 is still in South Carolina and they said that "the system isn't showing any ETA dates" to the dealership.

Given that their demo is supposedly going to arrive with my car, I doubt they have one around yet.

Oh so close, yet oh so far...
      03-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #22
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
I just heard from Erhard FH today - my 135 is still in South Carolina and they said that "the system isn't showing any ETA dates" to the dealership.

Given that their demo is supposedly going to arrive with my car, I doubt they have one around yet.

Oh so close, yet oh so far...

Well, I am excited for you! Keep me updated i might show up to check it out!
Appreciate 0