BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #1
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

OMG Motorsports - A BMW shop you can trust.

I just wanted to throw a review of an installer that is not listed directly on the 1addicts sticky.

OMG Motorsports in Farmingdale.
32 Allen Blvd, Unit 32B
Farmingdale, NY

You can find them on facebook and that's the best way to contact them. Shop is operated by two gents, Al and Dennis, they are really nice guys, super friendly, really knowledgeable, with great communication, and willing to do this thing that's called "going the extra mile," which you never see anymore.

After reading how much of a PITA a DP install is, I turned over the reigns and took my VRSF 3" DPs to them to get them installed. Just as an aside, they gave me a much more reasonable price than anyone else I got in contact with. Many places I reached out to didn't even answer me.

Brass tacks: Al and Dennis took my car right in on short notice, offered me a ride to anyplace I wanted to go (which I took), and kept me in the loop at every turn. We did have a hiccup that required me to bring the car back to them, but they didn't moan or groan about it. They figured out what was up, fixed it, and gave me back my car exactly the way I wanted it, with money still in my checking account to get white castle for lunch.

Overall I was a bit nervous to let someone else touch my wife.. err car, but in the end I am glad I made the decision to go to OMG, and I would highly recommend them - they are smart, they are diligent, and they actually give a shit which is the best possible combination you can ask for in a mechanic.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets

Last edited by edisapimp; 06-05-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Well that's good, I want to do dps so bad maybe I'll throw my stock mids on and do it. Ill check them out thanks.
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
I'd like to echo the comments mentioned by the OP and am glad to see my friends' shop gain some recognition on Bimmerpost.

OMG Motorsports did my S52B32 drivetrain transplant on my 1987 325ic back in June 2012. This swap included full motor, transmission (swap from Auto to 5spd with clutch and flywheel), ECU, wiring harness, A/C, steering rack, braking components and mounts. They helped me every step of the way, from sourcing all the parts necessary, fabrication / fitment of custom parts along the way and kept everything within my budget and timeframe. To date, I was their 2nd major project car and couldn't be happier. Both the swap and drivability surpassed by expectations: I drive this car to and from work in NYC 1-2x/week, that's how much confidence I have in the craftsmanship.

Denis has also done work on my E30 318is (timing chains, cooling system (water pump, thermostat, hoses) and clutch/flywheel and is a very competent mechanic - I trust him with my BMWs implicitly.

Here's some pics of the work on the E30 325ic in question. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in the BMW community looking for mechanical work on their cars, large or small-scale.

06-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
I'd like to echo the comments mentioned by the OP and am glad to see my friends' shop gain some recognition on Bimmerpost.

OMG Motorsports did my S52B32 drivetrain transplant on my 1987 325ic back in June 2012. This swap included full motor, transmission (swap from Auto to 5spd with clutch and flywheel), ECU, wiring harness, A/C, steering rack, braking components and mounts. They helped me every step of the way, from sourcing all the parts necessary, fabrication / fitment of custom parts along the way and kept everything within my budget and timeframe. To date, I was their 2nd major project car and couldn't be happier. Both the swap and drivability surpassed by expectations: I drive this car to and from work in NYC 1-2x/week, that's how much confidence I have in the craftsmanship.

Denis has also done work on my E30 318is (timing chains, cooling system (water pump, thermostat, hoses) and clutch/flywheel and is a very competent mechanic - I trust him with my BMWs implicitly.

Here's some pics of the work on the E30 325ic in question. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in the BMW community looking for mechanical work on their cars, large or small-scale.

sell me it
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
miggs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue 135

how much did they charge you for dp install?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #6
lazyd0c
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 G06/ '17 f87 6MT

+1. I also did dp and coil overs here back in Aug 2013.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs View Post
how much did they charge you for dp install?
Contact them for a quote!! It was VERY reasonable!

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
omgshinoda
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '13 M3

Reviving an old thread, but i just got my dp's installed at OMG motorsports. The guys are really friendly, they will explain to you what they are doing, what it needs to be done, they will show you exactly why on the spot. They were really knowledgeable and OCD about their work (which is amazing!). And most importantly, they charged very fair amount, which is definitely a plus.

Definitely going back for future installs and maintenance!
i would recommend this shop 10/10. (Shoot me a pm if you want a referral)
Appreciate 0