BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #45
BSM Bimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Awesome exhaust, but the price really kills it for me. I have the Remus quad, but want a full matching exhaust that's not pieced together and is a quad setup. For the price, it should be a full titanium exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #46
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM135i View Post
Awesome exhaust, but the price really kills it for me. I have the Remus quad, but want a full matching exhaust that's not pieced together and is a quad setup. For the price, it should be a full titanium exhaust...
can you find someone to make a titanium exhaust for me under $3k?..in the USA and not in Asia?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #47
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

If this exhaust really makes 40whp on a stock 135i then well done. I'm looking forward to seeing some before and after dynos first.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #48
BSM Bimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
can you find someone to make a titanium exhaust for me under $3k?..in the USA and not in Asia?
It would have be custom built by a shop such as Alamo Motorsports as nobody I have seen makes a titanium quad setup. I'll be going for a quote soon as the turbo back 4" titanium exhaust on my friends FD rx7 was really reasonable.... Don't get me wrong, your exhaust looks beautifully crafted, and would be great for around $1800-$2000, but 3k is too much imho.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #49
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It would have be custom built by a shop such as Alamo Motorsports as nobody I have seen makes a titanium quad setup. I'll be going for a quote soon as the turbo back 4" titanium exhaust on my friends FD rx7 was really reasonable.... Don't get me wrong, your exhaust looks beautifully crafted, and would be great for around $1800-$2000, but 3k is too much imho.
When we make a custom exhaust its easily $5k+. The reason is when we make a custom exhaust for a customer, we dyno test it. Then we change the exhaust, then we dyno test it, then we change it and see if we can get power power or a better powerband.........then we dyno it. Its easily a 2week+ job. With these types of products, you dont have to pay for all the custom r&d. Anyhow, free before/dyno runs have been offered to local customers who purchase the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #50
BSM Bimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
When we make a custom exhaust its easily $5k+. The reason is when we make a custom exhaust for a customer, we dyno test it. Then we change the exhaust, then we dyno test it, then we change it and see if we can get power power or a better powerband.........then we dyno it. Its easily a 2week+ job. With these types of products, you dont have to pay for all the custom r&d. Anyhow, free before/dyno runs have been offered to local customers who purchase the exhaust.
That's pretty nice to have a before and after dyno for your customers... Have you all experimented with aftermarket downpipes with your exhaust? It seems that the most gains in the exhaust system are from replacing the stock dp's with 3" catless ones.

40hp on a stock car with just a dp-back just doesn't seem possible though imho. Seems sort of like Afe's claims that their intake gives 27 hp... which we all know is BS
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #51
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That's pretty nice to have a before and after dyno for your customers... Have you all experimented with aftermarket downpipes with your exhaust? It seems that the most gains in the exhaust system are from replacing the stock dp's with 3" catless ones.

40hp on a stock car with just a dp-back just doesn't seem possible though imho. Seems sort of like Afe's claims that their intake gives 27 hp... which we all know is BS
Please dont take this personally but how many exhausts have you made? Im just curious as to where you get your info from. If the downpipe was different, then yeah, we might have to change the way the exhaust is designed. This particular exhaust was made with the stock dp. What and how it does, I dont know. I bought the car, did basline runs, added our scoops, gained about 5whp, did the ESS tune, dynoed the car again, made the exhaust and dynoed again.

You guys are spoon fed what I call "forum tuning". Some of it is good and some of it is ridiculous. Heck, some of the vendors started from reading what people were saying on the forums. Do they know anything about intake, exhaust and tuning? NO, but they know how to read what people "think" and "want" so they register a business name and start importing products from Mr. chang in Asia.

Its all good though. Im just poking fun but to answer your question again, no, I havent tested the car with other DPs. I want to keep the car as legal as possible. I promise you with the same mods + the exhaust you WILL get 40hp.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #52
bankerkys
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Quote:
Please dont take this personally but how many exhausts have you made? Im just curious as to where you get your info from. If the downpipe was different, then yeah, we might have to change the way the exhaust is designed. This particular exhaust was made with the stock dp. What and how it does, I dont know. I bought the car, did basline runs, added our scoops, gained about 5whp, did the ESS tune, dynoed the car again, made the exhaust and dynoed again.

You guys are spoon fed what I call "forum tuning". Some of it is good and some of it is ridiculous. Heck, some of the vendors started from reading what people were saying on the forums. Do they know anything about intake, exhaust and tuning? NO, but they know how to read what people "think" and "want" so they register a business name and start importing products from Mr. chang in Asia.

Its all good though. Im just poking fun but to answer your question again, no, I havent tested the car with other DPs. I want to keep the car as legal as possible. I promise you with the same mods + the exhaust you WILL get 40hp.
What's the date for a Group Buy? If it's a true 40hp bump, then I would leave the stock downpipes alone. And for the price, maybe a new $50 bumper piece cut to fit should come with the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #53
RENN Spec
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 488 Pista, M2CS, Tundra

Group buy is available here.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=320696&page=3
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #54
LostMarine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

well.. i see my post was deleted.. $3k for exhaust? please use your heads people.. 40hp from exhaust alone is not possible..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #55
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
well.. i see my post was deleted.. $3k for exhaust? please use your heads people.. 40hp from exhaust alone is not possible..
Ah, you are in ft.dix. I got married there. Anyhow, its pointless to argue on the forums so if you want, give me a call and I can explain how it is done. Too many people are "used" to the same old crap on these forums. In reality, there arent too many companies that will even bother trying to explain certain things to people who think they already know. Either way, I would be more than happy to explain it over the phone with you.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #56
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankerkys View Post
What's the date for a Group Buy? If it's a true 40hp bump, then I would leave the stock downpipes alone. And for the price, maybe a new $50 bumper piece cut to fit should come with the exhaust.
We are working with Vorstiener on making a new rear diffuser. Who ever has the ESS or EA tune, youll get 40hp. Now the question is how much the gains are with stock tune or even a piggy back. Ive been asking for 3 weeks now but no one has stepped up to offer their car for dyno testing.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #57
LinoD
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M3->E60M5->135i->E92M3

RPI rocks !!!

Love the guys at RPI... they did a kick arse job on my E60 M5 GT exhaust... and if the new RPI 135i exhaust is anything like that... im in !!

just ordered a 135i today as a daily driver, now the wait begins !

keep up the great work RPI !!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #58
RPIpower
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinoD View Post
Love the guys at RPI... they did a kick arse job on my E60 M5 GT exhaust... and if the new RPI 135i exhaust is anything like that... im in !!

just ordered a 135i today as a daily driver, now the wait begins !

keep up the great work RPI !!
You know how we do it. Its going to be funny because people said stupid things when we released out E60 stuff and we have never lost a race when it came down to comparable parts. There is a lot of talk here so this is going to be fun.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #59
techS54
Private
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i

FYI fellas, just put it on my car and I can feel a huge difference in torque! It roasts the tires. Kicked ass at Mfest IV (car #48). Fit and finish are awesome and installation was cake. Brackets, flanges, and welds are top notch too. Everything fits nicely and required no "adjustments".The exhaust note is very pronouced especially during starting. Good refined sound without drone at idle and part load but under full load it sounds like an F16 (which I like). WAY worth it if you you have the coin folks ;-)
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #60
RENN Spec
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 488 Pista, M2CS, Tundra

Glad you enjoy it!
Appreciate 0