BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-08-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Maud
Private
Rep
Drives: 1er, 3er

Question Rusted OEM Rotors - Replacement Options

Well I guess this is what 4 years does to rotors in this cold, icy, wet, moist, salty climate of mine :

My pads are very nearly worn and I need to replace everything within the next month.

I was initially looking at Adam's Rotors and they appear to have great reviews, customization, as well as what seems like a great zinc coating and painted hat and vents. The problem is it will probably take about 1.5 months to make and ship them here to Canada and I probably don't have that much time left.

I contacted R1 Concepts and they were very helpful and I received a good quote for the R1 Premiums, but I'd like some other opinions. A lot of the reviews of these from outside of the southern U.S. appear to have rusting issues as well. I know it is unavoidable, but I would like to avoid as much as possible. I am still leaning towards these though.

I also considered Zimmerman which I believe these are coated, but ultimately I really don't want them to end up just like my pic.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Maud; 08-08-2015 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Why not look at some e-coated Centric Premium rotors if you're looking for an OEM replacement? Centric owns stoptech, and their e-coated premium line is a good quality rotor and will last nicely in our crappy climate. They are easily available as well, shouldn't take more than a few days to get.

There are lots of other quality brands, main thing is to stay away from the cheap low grade parts, which will use a lower quality metal and won't hold up well long term. Zimmerman is a good brand, not sure if they have different "levels" or "lines", but typically most brands do - stay away from the basic/entry level stuff and you should be good.
Appreciate 0