BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-30-2014, 06:35 AM   #23
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

I lived in Wisconsin for a number of years. I used a set of cheap Mille Miglia wheels and Dunlop Winter Sport/M2 snows (TireRack). I believe the shell of those Winter Sport/M2 snows was the same as a D40/M2 summer tire, very nice, really had a good experience with these (this was years ago, no experience with anything current from Dunlop but I'd go there again).

Go down with the wheel/tire sizes to get a more narrow footprint, this will cut through the snow better.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #24
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

I'm in agreement with go summer and snow combos. That's what I do.

As far as all seasons. I've had good luck with conti DWS, though recent reviews show the competition is catching up and perhaps better than these tires. I used them up to winter and still went with dedicated winter, but they were smooth, reasonably quiet and wore very well. wet traction was very good, i'd say as good as the hankook ventus that summer tires they replaced.