BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

03-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #221
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

I have the nanolex sealant on my new rims and when it comes time to wash the car most of the brake dust sheets off after hosing. I haven't applied it to my paint yet the zymol titanium wax does a great job as is.

They also state that it shall last between 1-3 years on wheel rims.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #222
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

I applied 2 coats of Hard Body to my wheels. Silver, machined face, clear coated. I do notice that a lot of brake dust does end up washing off with just a spray of the hose but nowhere even remotely enough that it could be confused with being 'clean'.

I don't know if that's normal or if Hard Body just doesn't work with brake dust. I'll try and take a photo of it next time I wash the car.

I also have G Techniq C5 wheel armor on my other car and it's about similar. There's no way it can be just hosed off without getting there and giving it a good proper clean with a microfibre mit. I even wheel waxed over the top of the C5 to see if I could get a better result. Those wheels are a satin black so I figured it was something to do and a clear coated wheel would be better but it's seems pretty much the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #223
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
I applied 2 coats of Hard Body to my wheels. Silver, machined face, clear coated. I do notice that a lot of brake dust does end up washing off with just a spray of the hose but nowhere even remotely enough that it could be confused with being 'clean'.

I don't know if that's normal or if Hard Body just doesn't work with brake dust. I'll try and take a photo of it next time I wash the car.

I also have G Techniq C5 wheel armor on my other car and it's about similar. There's no way it can be just hosed off without getting there and giving it a good proper clean with a microfibre mit. I even wheel waxed over the top of the C5 to see if I could get a better result. Those wheels are a satin black so I figured it was something to do and a clear coated wheel would be better but it's seems pretty much the same.
Hence why we use the Nanolex ULTRA on wheels.
Hard Body is a paint sealant and not really suited for wheels. We have used this on wheels before. It gives a great finish and makes the wheels easier to clean, but not as good as Nanolex Ultra.
And yes, once sealants have been applied (depending on driving/usage) you will still need to get in there with your pH neutral car wash and microfibre mitt.
On a side note, did you buy Kenny's old car? What wheels are on there now? I saw them at the dyno day...they look fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #224
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
I have the nanolex sealant on my new rims and when it comes time to wash the car most of the brake dust sheets off after hosing. I haven't applied it to my paint yet the zymol titanium wax does a great job as is.

They also state that it shall last between 1-3 years on wheel rims.
Quote:

Paint your wheels gunmetal like mine... Then they remain "clean" longer..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #225
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Yes that is true you do need to still wash them, but even hosing them you can see the brake dust lift off (without the nanolex in the past it wouldnt lift the grime at all really)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #226
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Paint your wheels gunmetal like mine... Then they remain "clean" longer..
Those 1M rims must be a bugger to clean when you guys do have to clean them though!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #227
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yes that is true you do need to still wash them, but even hosing them you can see the brake dust lift off (without the nanolex in the past it wouldnt lift the grime at all really)
Depending on vehicle/brakes/sealant.....you can really notice a night and day difference (both cleaning and the wheel finish).

Quote:
Those 1M rims must be a bugger to clean when you guys do have to clean them though!
I'll do a write up shortly on wheel cleaning
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #228
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
They are a bitch to clean... But the Daytona Wheel brush by Car Care products is a lifesaver..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #229
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Ah, sounds like it's working correctly then. I was worried I wasted my time/money because everyone talks about how they just spray them with water haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Hence why we use the Nanolex ULTRA on wheels.
Hard Body is a paint sealant and not really suited for wheels. We have used this on wheels before. It gives a great finish and makes the wheels easier to clean, but not as good as Nanolex Ultra.
And yes, once sealants have been applied (depending on driving/usage) you will still need to get in there with your pH neutral car wash and microfibre mitt.
On a side note, did you buy Kenny's old car? What wheels are on there now? I saw them at the dyno day...they look fantastic!
I did haha. Thanks! I didn't get a chance to meet you that day . Didn't realise that you were there.

They're Forgestar F14s that I managed to pick up new from another forum member. The colour is called Brushed Titanium which is painted silver, has the face machined and then is clear coated. I love the look of black rims but this finish is quite unique and when clean looks pretty stunning so I think I'll keep it like this for a while haha. They're a bitch to keep clean though. Can't wait until I do my brakes job and replace them with cool carbons. Hopefully that'll help. That and buying some wheel woolies or something like Joe.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #230
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
They are a bitch to clean... But the Daytona Wheel brush by Car Care products is a lifesaver..
I thought you 1M owners would have had one of these:

While the rest of us make do with one of these:

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #231
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
I thought you 1M owners would have had one of these:

Raj can come over and do mine every weekend if he looks remotely like this
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #232
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12 View Post
Raj can come over and do mine every weekend if he looks remotely like this
Don, pretty close, my hose is about the same size too...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #233
TWD
Australia
Rep

Car: 2013 BMW 135i

Service: Wolf's Hard Body & Nanolex Ultra Nano Sealants

Comments:

- Heavily contaminated Carbon Black paintwork with car not being washed for over a month
- After a lengthy decontamination process, the paintwork was polished and treated with Wolf's Hard Body
- Wheels treated with Nanolex Ultra
- Didn't get a chance for too many after shots of this car

Few shots:

For more photos, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=1
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #234
TWD
Australia
Rep

2013 F30 328i

Car: 2013 BMW F30 328i Sport

Service: Wolf's Hard Body & Nanolex Ultra Nano Sealants

Comments:

-Car covered in heavy contaminants (unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the clay bar)
- Paintwork looked flat prior to detailing
- Heavy stains on the bonnet were almost etched into clearcoat
- After a lengthy decontamination process, the paintwork treated with Wolf's Hard Body
- Wheels treated with Nanolex Ultra
- Owner stated that the car looked better than when he picked it up brand new from BMW (only a few months ago)

Few shots:

For the rest of the photos, please visit:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=1
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #235
135 AB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Great shots mate. Waiting for the next big meet up and I'll give you a buzz
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #236
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 AB View Post
Great shots mate. Waiting for the next big meet up and I'll give you a buzz
Thanks mate.
No worries, I met you briefly at the dyno day.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #237
TWD
Australia
Rep

2009 BMW 135i

Car: 2009 BMW 135i

Service: Stage 1 Paint Correction, Interior Clean & Leather Condition

Comments:

- Not many before pictures, because it was one of the cleanest cars we've had
- Interior was almost spotless and presented 'as new' but still a thorough clean was carried out
- Some deeper scratches and marks were heavily reduced (see photos)
- The paintwork was cleaned and the single stage polish reduced many contaminants and swirls, leaving the paint looking super shiny.
- Duragloss sealants topped off the paintwork with a super smooth finish.

Some photos:

For more pictures, please visit:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=1
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #238
ippykaye
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

Nice shots- is the black 135 Eugene's? He finally took my advice

Awesome results with the matte wheels on the silver 135! Need to drop mine off at some stage when this weather is a bit more reliable
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #239
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippykaye View Post
Nice shots- is the black 135 Eugene's? He finally took my advice

Awesome results with the matte wheels on the silver 135! Need to drop mine off at some stage when this weather is a bit more reliable
Thanks mate. Yes it is! Those new 135s are amazing with the DCT.
I didn't get many after shots of it
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #240
Harills
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Just a quick note to say thanks to Raj for the job he did on my 135i! Paint and interior looked immaculate, and will definitely book the car in next year to get the same work done again. Not that he needs the additional praise based on the photos he posts up from his other jobs, but would definintely recommend TWD to anyone contemplating a detail on their car. I still think he should lend out his M3 as a 'run-around' while he's detailing your car though

Cheers again!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #241
TWD
Australia
Rep

Thanks Hari! Appreciate your comments
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #242
TWD
Australia
Rep

We just finished a Stage 1 detail on this car: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=3

But this is probably the most important part of the detail - deep scratch removal & reduction:

No photo editing trickery here. Just some hard and long hours spent correcting this boot lid through a 4 - 5 stage paint correction.
This is basically the last resort before a paint shop respray is necessary and is on strict request by the owner.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread