BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
tenxaday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Test Drove the 135...can't wait for mine

Well I live in the Lexington area in Kentucky. I currently drive a 330ci auto (which is for sale )... The car I drove was an Auto with paddle shifters 135i black, coral red seats, man it was nice.

Sorry for not taking pictures.

Those of have order the Sedona Red, good choice, they had one in the show room, it was an amazing color. More bronze then red.

The car in person is def aggressive. It will turn heads easily.

I ordered the white just like the majority of the people that order theirs already.

The look
*whoa the mouth of the car is so aggressive. The big head lights fit the car really well. The Angel eyes should be called the demon eyes. Man it looks like a beast. The kidney grills look awesome with the black.
*We were at stop lights and people were looking and pointing at it.
*the best part was when I was behind a dark truck and seeing the reflection of the car. The demon eyes the big mouth. Man it was mean looking.
*The big breaks are big... haha... I just want to see them in motion with "BMW" showing when the wheels spin.
*the sport steering wheel was really nice. Really wide, I have small hands, I barley get my hands around them, but they feel really sporty.

The drive-
*the dealer took me out of the lot to start out; trying to get me to their route they take people out on. He drove it really cautions and when he went over the speed bumps the suspension felt really stiff for a stock. He kept talking about the breaking period and how after that I should put the Dinan Chip.
*When it was my turn to drive, I put it to DS out the door. Man you can feel the low end torque, just by tapping the pedal.
*I was really confused on the paddle shifts; I figured it would be left hand down right hand up. Nope so I can losing power when I would shift up by accident.
*On the highway I was passing cars easily on 5th gear. It felt like my GTI, but way faster.
*When I got a straight away I kicked it and he kept looking making sure I would shift around 5. Man it felt good. It pushed me backed in those sport seats. (Gave me those butterflies) The auto shifts really damn good, I think its better then I can actually shift a manual. On turns the car had no body roll, or hardly any. The car feels really light compared to my e46 330. The certain of balance is way different.

I want to see this car in motion, riding side by side with it.

I got to drive it again. And next time ill take pics.
      03-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenxaday View Post
He kept talking about the breaking period and how after that I should put the Diana Chip.[/COLOR]
Probably a typo, but I laughed out loud. A Diana chip. Nice.

How does the drive feel compared to your 330? More horses, clearly, especially after Diana gets a hold of it. :smile:
In terms of the rest of the experience?

Thanks for posting.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
tenxaday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

haha thanks for noticing that, i got hosed... i fixed it though.

The weight is a big difference to me, in my 330ci when i take turns it feels like i m turning a big four door.

Since i only have an auto, the 330 is way slow compared to this car. Auto transmissions have evolved. It shifts so smooth and fast.

is that true about that chip? Around $2000 to give you the double power and under warranty?
      03-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenxaday View Post

is that true about that chip? Around $2000 to give you the double power and under warranty?
2000 + install ... i paid about 2200 OTD. Do you research on the Dinan chip prior to install. It definitely increases the power but the low rpm throttle response is muted a bit. it isn't throttle lag ... just that the throttle isn't as jumpy as in the stock configuration. rumors of an update in may to give it more apparent pep (jumpiness) down low.
      03-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
tenxaday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

thats cool, i might wait a little bit. I wish it was like the APR chip i had in my GTI. Put it in ecomny mode and race mode. The warranty is def worth it.
      03-31-2008, 04:22 PM   #6
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Those of have order the Sedona Red, good choice, they had one in the shower room,...

Your dealer has a shower room? For hosing off after the test drive
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
tenxaday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

man i m the error king... i was excited when i typed it...
      03-31-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
pumaknight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Currently Seat Leon Cupra FR

Ah typos are the food of the humour gods - cracking typos there - love the shower one the most.

that being said, nice review - enjoyed reading it. Can't wait to hear what you thikn after a longer drive :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
Perfect128
Perfect128
Rep
Drives: '08 SGM 128i

Tenxaday - Go Big Blue from a UK alumni. Enjoy those winding roads in the bluegrass!
Appreciate 0