BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Andy@BJAutohaus
Registered
Rep
Drives: Euro

KW DDC Kit

After sitting two weeks at Canadian customs, being returned to the supplier due to lack of information and then having it personally re-shipped again, we finally got these at our doorstep today, ready to install for a customer's 1M project.

Everyone was pretty excited, especially when we brought up that you could switch settings on the fly using an iPhone app. Anyone have any feedback on their own 1M DDC kit? Pretty interested in seeing how well they respond to the app and the custom settings option within the app.

Last edited by Andy@BJAutohaus; 06-26-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Great bit of kit, switching from settings via the in-car button takes all of millisec's, well it is instant and very noticeable change in ride characteristics, I mainly use the 3 pre set settings, as for the app, very easy to configure the iphone/ipod to the w-lan, changing the 3 pre sets via the app is also instant, I have yet to make many additional saved personal chassie settings but what I have played around with to date has been very straight forward to do. Overall I can highly rate the kit....

http://blog.kw-suspensions.co.uk/?p=4424
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Andy@BJAutohaus
Registered
Rep
Drives: Euro

Hey everyone, back with an update! We got the kit installed and working properly and decided on a little artistic license in moving the profile setting button to the centre console instead of on the left of the driver under the dash/behind the wheel, making it a little bit more visible and a lot more easier to access.

As for the ride, I can't personally comment yet; will have to grab our tech and ask him about it when he's free. Switching settings from the button really is as easy as that, just pushing the button. It's very cool and very helpful when you are at the track and need to switch from x setting to y setting. Have yet to test the App.
Appreciate 0