BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

CL RC5+ anyone tried these?

Looking for a pad for occasional HPDE. I'm relatively slow on the track. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried the CL RC5+ or Ferodo DS2500. I was thinking about the Ferodos because they are supposed to be useable both for the street and light track duty. The CL pads are track only, so I would have to switch to OEM pads for street duty, which I was hoping to avoid because I don't have a lot of time for swapping pads. I've only done 3 days on the track so far, and ran the OEM pads with ATE fluid. I did not have any problems with that setup , but was taking it easy.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Bumping this. I am also interested to know.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #3
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

I fitted DS2500s to my Nissan which is 70% track 30% street and they work extremely well on track. They're also very good on the street and don't seem to need to heat up to be effective. Some have said they don't squeal but mine do like true race pads, but this doesn't bother me. They grab hard and fade very little. Will replace them with the same for the GTR and would likely put them in the 1M if I get that to the track.
Appreciate 0