BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-26-2022, 03:47 PM   #1
ohmanbrah
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 128i

Headlight assembly replacement

Hey all,
Wondering what my options are to replace both headlight assemblies with aftermarket, car is a 13 128i xenon with adaptive. We've had the car 4 years now, it was in an accident before we bought it and both headlight assemblies are cracked and were never replaced, I coded out the adaptive a few years ago and have been changing the modules once a year whenever the bulbs stop lighting. Finally have had enough and I'd like to see what my options are for replacements without spending a ton on oem. Everything I've come across seems like its only a replacement for halogen setups. Are there any options that will be plug and play? Don't care about having adaptive.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 03:34 PM   #2
Dirty1thirty5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmanbrah View Post
Hey all,
Wondering what my options are to replace both headlight assemblies with aftermarket, car is a 13 128i xenon with adaptive. We've had the car 4 years now, it was in an accident before we bought it and both headlight assemblies are cracked and were never replaced, I coded out the adaptive a few years ago and have been changing the modules once a year whenever the bulbs stop lighting. Finally have had enough and I'd like to see what my options are for replacements without spending a ton on oem. Everything I've come across seems like its only a replacement for halogen setups. Are there any options that will be plug and play? Don't care about having adaptive.

Thanks in advance!
Did you ever figure this out? I’m in the same boat with my 135i with oem adaptive headlights.
Appreciate 0