BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Can I leave my M at the Welt?

If I do ED can I leave my car in their garage and come back to get it days/weeks later?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

You should contact the Welt and ask them.

The garage at the Welt is a paying garage - per hour! I know the max fee per day is 10 euros. Not sure IF there is a max fee like at Frankfurt Airport(parking garage)... it maxes out at close to 300 euros for two weeks time. That is why everyone parks at nearby hotels - when they go on vacations from FRA. lol
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Talk to BMW when you get your car. I was parking my car everyday at Welt and they(information desk at entrance) gave me free car park cards to use at the machine when taking my car out. Or you can use valet parking if you bring your car next to entrance by double cone. My guess is it should be ok if its days, weeks may be an issue...but you never know.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5 View Post
Talk to BMW when you get your car. I was parking my car everyday at Welt and they(information desk at entrance) gave me free car park cards to use at the machine when taking my car out. Or you can use valet parking if you bring your car next to entrance by double cone. My guess is it should be ok if its days, weeks may be an issue...but you never know.

OOoooo... so that is what that other parking garage entrance is for by the double-cone area.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
OOoooo... so that is what that other parking garage entrance is for by the double-cone area.
Parking garage entrance by double cone? I was talking about the Welt main entrance doors by double cone. If you bring your car by the doors, they will valet park for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5 View Post
Parking garage entrance by double cone? I was talking about the Welt main entrance doors by double cone. If you bring your car by the doors, they will valet park for you.

We are talking about the same place. As you are LOOKING at the front doors of the Welt... to the LEFT there is valet parking for five or six cars. Behind the "double cone" (you keep driving LEFT behind the double cone) there is a hidden garage ramp - going underground. This is where I was referring too. I have always wondered what is down there!

There is also another garage enterance on MittlerRing steet. That is the main drag/street that the Pizza Hut and Olympia Tower is located on. The garage enterance close-r to the Olympia Tower. I think it is for new car deliveries via LKW trucks.

The public garage enterance for the Welt is located between the Welt and Museum on Lerchenauer Strasse - on the left side of the street almost by the U-bahn stop and the BMW AG factory gates.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
We are talking about the same place. As you are LOOKING at the front doors of the Welt... to the LEFT there is valet parking for five or six cars. Behind the "double cone" (you keep driving LEFT behind the double cone) there is a hidden garage ramp - going underground. This is where I was referring too. I have always wondered what is down there!

There is also another garage enterance on MittlerRing steet. That is the main drag/street that the Pizza Hut and Olympia Tower is located on. The garage enterance close-r to the Olympia Tower. I think it is for new car deliveries via LKW trucks.

The public garage enterance for the Welt is located between the Welt and Museum on Lerchenauer Strasse - on the left side of the street almost by the U-bahn stop and the BMW AG factory gates.

Dackel
That's correct on entrances.
I believe they now do valet parking in the far end of underground public garage on P1 level behind a blocked area. See pic below. They were using the parking spaces next to double cone to display some classic BMWs as shown in pic below. When I asked them this last Saturday to valet park my 1M, they told me that there will be no one to bring your car up on Sunday. So I had to park myself in Welt parking.
Pics below taken on June 5th.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 M5, 23 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
If I do ED can I leave my car in their garage and come back to get it days/weeks later?
I just picked my car up yesterday. You can get an exit/out ticket that expires on Dec 31,2011, I was told that means you can park free until then.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21450 View Post
I just picked my car up yesterday. You can get an exit/out ticket that expires on Dec 31,2011, I was told that means you can park free until then.
Thanks, can you comment on the security of the facility?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

It is safe. I mean any car can pull up into the garage... but there are cameras on the entry and exits(to read every car's plate number - this is how BMW owned cars get in for free and exit for free!) and all over the garage. Plus there are Welt employee's walking around for the "BMW on Demand" hourly rentals - checking on cars. I think down on the 2nd floor out back is some PDI cleaning shop that BMW runs. I always see BMW Welt guys in grey lab coats walking back there. Its way behind the roped off area in the photo above. I have no worried about leaving my car there when I come to visit.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 M5, 23 X5 45e

Quote:
I would say no worries. It is well lit and I'm sure plenty of security cameras with security on Segways running around. Plenty of spaces too. They park the BMW on demands rentals there too on lower level where I parked. FYI -charge is 10 euros a day without exit pass.

Everyone at the Welt was very helpful, a great experience. There is a really nice lounge on third level for ED customers with food and drinks, champagne too.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
papethova where are you staying @ in munich? looks like im going early august and looked up some hotels, the meridien, the sheraton and the leonardo royal seem to be the best. the leonardo royal emailed me back and said parking was free for ED BMW customers, i emailed them back to see if they had special rates for us too. they are so close to the Welt also.

http://www.leonardo-hotels.com/germa...l-hotel-munich
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkx5m View Post
papethova where are you staying @ in munich? looks like im going early august and looked up some hotels, the meridien, the sheraton and the leonardo royal seem to be the best. the leonardo royal emailed me back and said parking was free for ED BMW customers, i emailed them back to see if they had special rates for us too. they are so close to the Welt also.

http://www.leonardo-hotels.com/germa...l-hotel-munich
Honestly I havent started to look at places to stay yet. Thanks for the info and the link. Im waiting for dates, once I have those then I will check for places. Ill keep you posted.

This is the route I plan on driving..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...h&z=5&dirflg=d
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
that is a serious road trip there buddy!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #15
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkx5m View Post
that is a serious road trip there buddy!
I might buy "something" in Italy I figured Im so close, now is a good time to check it out. Glossglockner in, Stelvio out, might be the only shot at that in my own car too.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #16
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I might buy "something" in Italy I figured Im so close, now is a good time to check it out. Glossglockner in, Stelvio out, might be the only shot at that in my own car too.

Like maybe a Panni (sandwhich) machine?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #17
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Like maybe a Panni (sandwhich) machine?
I dont know about those, will it fit in my trunk? Do they come in Orange? I can add it to my list
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

The Panni Family has a great car collection there. First they make you look at the family run biz (sandwhiches) and then they show you all the cars next door. So I am told. I have never been there. Its on my Bucket List.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #19
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Do you know where it is? Maybe I can work that into my itinerary
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #20
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Do you know where it is? Maybe I can work that into my itinerary

Sure! Take a look at these links.

http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en/...ni-museum.html

This one has the address... check out those stacks of cheese discs!

http://www.maseraticlub.co.uk/trident47.htm

You might also look at this website. It was setup to promote Italy's car and motorcyle culture/museums:

www.motorvalley.com

Dackel (your european tour guide!)
Appreciate 0