BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE

123D Coupe remaped by Evolve

Went to see the guys at evolve over the bank holiday down in Luton and got my coupe remaped. Let me first say they are a great bunch of guys and clearly know their stuff, listened to what i wanted and delivered, i think a 120D (177 had just been in before me). I Spent the best part of 4 hours with them, did about 14 dyno runs and tried half a dozen different maps, it was the first time i've had a remaped but Imran talked me through what he would do and showed me how it all worked etc, he explained how some people can fudge the dyno results to give better reading, he called his dyno the ego buster for the reason it shows the real figures not some way out claim!
I'm really pleased with the results so far (going back again to do abit more work on the map), the car feels lighter on its feet, more resposive, its like a rocket ship. Pulls effortlessly in all gears and revs more like a petrol engine now. The drive is still as smooth, no judders/jerking when accelerating hard, around town you can't tell its had a remap which for me was essential. MPG has increased by a few as well.

He also showed me a comparision for the 120D, a spider bix vs a proper remap, the difference was a real suprise to me. Would be very interesting to get the guys running these tuning boxes to have a dyno run, i would bet they are not running anywhere near as higher BHP/Torque as claimed!
in terms of pricing speak to imran, he will do group buys as well

0870 0850 111
www.evolveyourcar.com

i'll keep you posted regarding my next visit to evolve.

Cheers
jonathan
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:52 AM   #2
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Good write up Jonnyuk06,

It makes a hell of a difference doesn't it. I never had a Dyno run and am very tempted now to take it to these guys to see if the Superchips claim is actually accurate.
      08-26-2008, 04:57 AM   #3
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Very interesting indeed. I'll be looking for a remap once I have given my car a solid run in period. Those hp and torque figures are very impressive!

I already found I was hitting the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd when I test drove the 123d. Are you saying it revs even more freely now? Pity the redline can't be increased as well!

Did evolve say anything about BMW warranty issues or whether this remap will result in any fault codes being logged? My biggest concern with a remap is the warranty issue.

Thanks!
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 05:07 AM   #4
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
PS. You say MPG has increased as well? You mean it is more economical? Amazing.

You wonder why BMW don't tune the car this way with more hp and more economy in the first place....
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #5
lpitt
Rep
Drives:

Can the map be easily reversed or re-applied?

I'd be interested in having this done, but don't want to mess things up at BMW if the car goes in (or if they decide to apply a software update).

Would you mind telling us roughly what this all cost?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep

evolve have there own insurance so if bmw will not cover a part because they deem the re-map caused it, evolve will cover it. As for mpg its increased by 2 at the min and they can re-apply the original map if you like, like wise if bmw flash the ecu and over write it they will re-apply free of charge.

It now revs right to the red line without any fade (which before the remap it did do), like you say shame it can't increase the rev range!

I don't think there are any error codes been created but as imran said, if BMW want to find out its been maped they will, end of.

Price is around £450 but like i say, give them a call, mention you saw it on here :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep

esscolab, i believe they do a 135i map now, like you say might be worth poping down there and see what they can do for you, might squeeze abit more out of it for you. vbmenu_register("postmenu_228260", true);
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

I've already coughed up £600 for the Superchip which performs very well. I'm now about to plug in some new Air intakes. Once this is done I will take it down there for a Dyno run.

I do like the ECU remaps, I thought the BMW's were a bitch to decypher hence the plug in modules. Guess someone's cracked it.

Good to hear of other mappers out there, let me know how it works out over time.

08-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

very interesing..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #10
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

If BMW flash the ECU at a service the remap will be wiped.

You will need to ask at the time of service if the ECU was remapped.

Do Evolve reapply for free if this happens?

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:10 AM   #11
jonnyuk06
Lieutenant
Rep

evolve will re-apply the map free of charge, i made sure that was part of the package before doing anything, my car is in for a service in about 200 miles so we'll see what BMW say. wonder if they check to see if its been remapped
Appreciate 0