BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
bmwpc
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
135 Cold Air Intake In UK Performance Parts Book Not In US Book

The UK performance parts book shows a "BMW Performance" cold air intake for the 135. The online parts book doesn't show the part number. Could one of our UK members please post and email me with the part number for it. It is black with alumunm striping with "BMW Performance" on it. Apparently "BMW Perfomance" is now going to be the official labeling for their OEM over the counter stuff. They already have some CF parts, brakes, exhaust and wheels with this label on it. Also in the UK book there is a front CF tray splitter like now is required on NASCAR cars. A part number on that would be great also. These two parts are not in the US Performance parts book but are in the UK book.

Please email me at bmwpc@cs.com.
Thanks, Jim

2009 135 Coupe, 2006 Dinan X3, 2001 Dinan M Roadster, 1999 Z3
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

Whoa, you are pretty out of date at this topic
just type in search bmw performance and you should get everything concerning bmw performance.
As far as i know there is no cai for the 135i yet but it is for 128 and some others...
      12-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
bmwpc
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Pavelitto, excuse me for not being able to read German. If you read my message, that's why I was asking if a UK member could check the printed UK book not the German version. How did you think I was aware of the existance of the parts to begin with.

Although new to this board, I've been a member of almost every other BMW board since 1999 and it always amazes me at the eagerness on some boards for some "senior" member to flame a "newbie." Being from the "EU" in general I'll just hope that you didn't uderstand why I was asking for the information from an English speaking country.

Also since you seem to be " Whoa, you are pretty out of date at this topic " due to a bit more researching, I have found the part number for the CAI "Performance Cold Air Package" for the US 135, is 51740442875 with a US list price of $445. It is available for order now. The only "catch" per BMW is that it only fits the Sport Package bumper. I don't know the differences in the intake piping in 28's vs 35's or possible geographical differences, but you may be able to modify or just use the main air box as it is a piece of automotive art. It appears to consist of 5 pieces, the box and 4 pieces of ducting.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #4
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

BMWPC,

Very interesting, I've been in contact with my dealer and they have no idea of an intake upgrade for the 135i. I wonder if this not available in the EU. I will do some more investigative work on this one. Good find.
      12-12-2008, 04:12 AM   #5
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

Ok, having purchased my car in UK and opted for almost full BMW Performance package I can tell you one thing: the UK Performance Parts booklet lists the CAI but not available for 135i.
      12-12-2008, 05:02 AM   #6
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelitto View Post
Ok, having purchased my car in UK and opted for almost full BMW Performance package I can tell you one thing: the UK Performance Parts booklet lists the CAI but not available for 135i.
Yep, looks that way. Reading other forum messages it appears the cold intake is actually part of the front spoiler assembly and not a closed air intake.