BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2015, 10:27 PM   #1
klick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i M Sport 6MT

SOCAL SHOP REVIEW: Offset Motorwerks in Glendora, CA

Whats up guys. I just wanted to leave a review and recommendation for a shop I had found randomly while I was looking for a set of M3 front control arms on the internet. Through the sale, I learned that they were located not to far from when I live and had a good amount of work I wanted to do on my car so I had them do it. I had such a good experience with them that I feel compelled to recommend them to everyone who is looking for a reputable shop.

Offset Motorwerks located in Glendora, CA

As I said, I found this shop while searching for the cheapest source for M3 front control arms and I ended up stumbling onto offsetmotorwerks.com. I found out they also ran a garage so I called them up to arrange a pick up for the control arms which they agreed to. When I went to pick up the control arms, I had a conversation with one of the guys just asking about how much they would charge for some work I wanted to get done on my car. They gave me prices that were much lower than anything I heard from anywhere.

After my MFactory LSD, Koni shocks, 135i M Sport springs arrived I was ready to get them installed. I called them up, the shop and they sent me a quote for all the work. I told them I also wanted some new rear subframe bushings from Whiteline which they ordered for me (price matching the cheapest price I found on the internet) and I took their suggestion for getting Stoptech SS brake lines. This entire job of LSD install (which included sending my pumpkin to MFactory for shimming), shocks/spring install, RSFBs, SS brake lines literally was the price of an whole LSD job elsewhere. Extremely reasonable.

My car was with them for longer than they expected due to some issues, however they did not charge me anything extra, only made sure they were getting the job done right.

They really took their time and effort with my car and made sure everything was done right. The main guy there, Sean was always happy to inform me of my car's progress when I called and always called me to let me know of any issues that they found while doing the work. All the guys there really give every car a close attention to detail and knew their stuff. From the lot around the garage, I asked about the other cars they were working on any they had a bunch of different work they were doing from adding a widebody to an E36, engine swaps, anything you could think of. They told me they could do any job I could think of at their shop. I believe them.

After all the work was done, I got my car and drove it for a week and a half. I noticed clunking in my rear when I was engaging the clutch and I called them to see if this was an issue. They told me to bring the car in and I dropped it off the following day. They found out the LSD had an issue and inquired with Mfactory for me and ended up getting me a brand new LSD replacement from MFactory.

I have never experienced such a garage that had such a combination of professional attitude, excellent customer service, knowledgeable staff, and reasonable prices. As happy as I am about my car, finding this shop has only added to my happiness of owning it since I now know a place when I can get a lot of my work done.

Anyways. If any of you are living in SoCal, I HIGHLY recommend this place to you. I never write reviews for anywhere, but my experience with Offset Motorwerks only makes me want to share this gem of a shop.

Happy driving!
E82 128i M-Sport 6MT - Black Metallic Sapphire - MFactory Helical LSD, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Swift Spec-R Springs, E90 M3 Front Sway Bar, M3 Front Control Arm Set, Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushings, Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, Active Autowerke N52 Tune, aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 CAI, Active Autowerke Headers, Custom Muffler Delete, BMW Performance SSK, ZHP Shift Knob, eBay Clutch Stop

Last edited by klick; 04-10-2015 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2015, 02:08 AM   #2
Ginger_Extract
California-bound
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Another glowing review. They did the diff and diff bushings for my 1'er, best price in SoCal, and it's plain as day, these guys know their stuff. Will be taking my car to them for walnut blasting in the future, their labor is so fairly priced, it's more cost effective then me buying the tools to do it!
Streets of Willow: 1:27.7 CW 11/15/15; 1:29.5 CCW 8/15/15 |||| Autoclub Speedway ROVAL (CCW): 1.52.6 - 12/2/17
Willow Springs - Big Willow (CW): 1:35.8 - 3/31/18 |||| Buttonwillow #13 (CW): 1:59.3 1/27/18
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing |||| http://www.youtube.com/user/RaceMeMZ3
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
zbrit00x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
Another glowing review. They did the diff and diff bushings for my 1'er, best price in SoCal, and it's plain as day, these guys know their stuff. Will be taking my car to them for walnut blasting in the future, their labor is so fairly priced, it's more cost effective then me buying the tools to do it!
Definitely, I need to go for my walnut blast too!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
Enzomnia
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Gray 135i w/ Coral

I can also vouch for them!
Never brought my 135i to them but when I had an e36 M3 I brought it to them once. Had them fix the oil leaking out of my supercharger lines and they also replaced the engine mounts. All for a really good price. Good guys and very friendly!

2011 135i - 6spd - JB4 G5 ISO - CP-E chargepipe - BMS Downpipe - aFe intake - H&R Super Sport Springs - CX Racing Intercooler
Appreciate 0