ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I'm considering selling my 1M to buy a GT4, provided that the dealer comes through with an allocation he thinks he is getting this week.

I am trying to get an idea of what I should expect to get for the 1M before deciding, both on the private market and on trade in. Here are the details of the 1M:

White no nav with 6k miles and very clean. No accidents and no stories. Only factory option on the car is ipod integration. I am the original owner.

Ohlins Road and Track suspension with Vorschlag camber plates, and AP Racing competition kit (front and rear) from Essex, all of which were installed last year. New Michelin PSS on all 4 wheels have about 500 miles on them (replaced the original PS2s in April based solely on age not wear). I am not considering separate sale of these parts at this time. I do have all of the OEM suspension and brake parts.

I have done 4 HPDEs in the novice (D) class and babied the car at all times during those events. Otherwise no track time.

Proper break in procedures were followed and initial 1,200 mile service included diff and transmission fluid changes with correct fluids.

I have all service records and the car has been very well cared for and always garaged. Never driven in snow or salt and I am a non-smoker.

I am in the DC area.

Please post your thoughts or PM me.

Will post photos if I decide to sell it.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
Stoney80
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
I'm considering selling my 1M to buy a GT4, provided that the dealer comes through with an allocation he thinks he is getting this week.

I am trying to get an idea of what I should expect to get for the 1M before deciding, both on the private market and on trade in. Here are the details of the 1M:

White no nav with 6k miles and very clean. No accident and no stories. Only factory option on the car is ipod integration.

Ohlins Road and Track suspension, and AP Racing competition kit (front and rear) from Essex, which were installed last year. New Michelin PSS on all 4 wheels have about 500 miles on them (replaced the original PS2s in April based solely on age not wear). I am not considering separate sale of these parts at this time. I do have all of the OEM suspension and brake parts.

I have done 4 HPDEs in the novice (D) class and babied the car at all times during those events. Otherwise no track time.

Proper break in procedures were followed and initial 1,200 mile service included diff and transmission fluid changes with correct fluids.

I have all service records and the car has been very well cared for and always garaged. Never driven in snow or salt and I am a non-smoker.

I am in the DC area.

Please post your thoughts or PM me.

Will post photos if I decide to sell it.

Thanks
I would guess your car could fetch about $55k today (without your mods). I bought my 1M last November after months of looking. Today the market seems a bit softer with Autotrader alerts still coming to my phone - I am now seeing frequent price drops which I never saw last Fall. However, the number of 1Ms listed for sale has stayed steady, the sellers seem more anxious. I'm guessing this has something to do with M2s reaching dealerships and GT4 buyers like yourself. Most of the 1Ms that are reducing their prices have 40-50k miles and are asking between $48k and $54k. Cars with low miles like yours should sell for $55k quickly or more if you can afford to be patient. There are a couple sub 10k mile 1Ms asking $60+k that have been on sale since last summer, so be careful not to overprice if you need to sell.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 08:52 PM   #3
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
I think thats a pretty fair assessment, it is almost always best to sell w/o any mods, especially if you are trading in...I will say, you doing both the BBK and R&T is very tasteful and could attract an enthusiast.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
kubotarog
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, '87 Porsche 911 Cpe

I have been exploring trading my 1M in against a BMW, Audi or Porsche. The offers ranged from $41k to $51.5k as a trade. Car has 28,000 miles, is fully optioned and in pristine comdition with all service records and new PSS tires on the rear. Asking prices are just that. I think any purchase or trade that starts with a 5 is about the best you can do. Mid 50 is great and in my opinion, higher than that is not likely in the current market. Considering this is about MSRP on a 2011 car, what more can one expect. It also is influenced by where you and buyers are located since the cost of seeing remote cars and then getting them back to the buyer location is also a consideration. Good luck with the GT4 possibility and the 1M sale.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #5
Auzburner
Registered
Rep
Drives: VO BMW 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney80 View Post
I would guess your car could fetch about $55k today (without your mods). I bought my 1M last November after months of looking. Today the market seems a bit softer with Autotrader alerts still coming to my phone - I am now seeing frequent price drops which I never saw last Fall. However, the number of 1Ms listed for sale has stayed steady, the sellers seem more anxious. I'm guessing this has something to do with M2s reaching dealerships and GT4 buyers like yourself. Most of the 1Ms that are reducing their prices have 40-50k miles and are asking between $48k and $54k. Cars with low miles like yours should sell for $55k quickly or more if you can afford to be patient. There are a couple sub 10k mile 1Ms asking $60+k that have been on sale since last summer, so be careful not to overprice if you need to sell.
I'm in the market right now and I'd say this is pretty accurate. I've been watching very closely for about 6 months. The number of examples available range from 20-30 at a time. There are always a few at dealerships in the $64k range that sit for quite awhile. Those in the teens have been popping up with private sellers and go for about $52-54k. Anything more has been selling for $51k or less. Stock always brings more interest and $. Original owner with records helps a bunch too when it comes to closing the deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #6
ayao
Thread killer
Rep

I would think high $50s would be a fair price including the coilovers and F/R BBK, which I think are an extremely intelligent set of improvements to the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 05:50 AM   #7
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

These are all very helpful replies. Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #8
7UP
Private
Canada
Rep

Just bought my 1M last week in West Canada. Spent $63K CAD (~$49K US). 53K KM on the clock (~33K miles).

Your car would get ~ $55K US or more

I'll definitely keep her I were you
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
EYC.M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

High 50's and should be a easy sale with those tasteful mods. If I am in a market for a 1M , I would scoop up your car in a heart bit! White/ no nav/ AP bbk & Ohlins - exact spec I would want the 1M to be. GLWS Sir!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #10
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Close to $60k i think is what the market will show.

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #11
ORA
Banned
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

$55-$60k easy. Maybe more to the right buyer...
Appreciate 0