BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata

Garage List
Pics from local meet - stock 1M vs. modified 1M (Warning:LOTS OF PICS!!)

Yesterday forum member ohcrap and I attended a local meet in the Baltimore area. I brought my bone-stock VO 1M and ohcrap brought his custom Dark Knight 1M. Despite some cold and cloudy weather, the event had a great turnout. Needless to say, the Dark Knight was a huge hit! Hope you enjoy the photos!

(Also, for anyone feeling compelled to post negative comments - aside from the VO 1M, none of these cars are mine so I'm not sharing these to get your feedback. Please be respective of other owners and keep negative comments to yourselves!)

========
The 1Ms
========

================
The Dark Knight
================

=================
Other Highlights
=================

2011 1M | Valencia Orange | #655 of 740
BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance Shadowline Grills | Gloss black iND side markers
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Thanks for posting.

Judging by the pictures, the inside of the interior tips of the quadpipes of ohcrap's black 1M seem to be pretty clean, unlike the inside of the exterior ones ? Why did ohcrap only clean both interiors, instead of all four ? Or are the interior tips simply not connected (which is hard to believe, however why not dirtied by exhaust fumes).
      04-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
very cool pics, thanx for posting! love the dark knight's it was the project car shown @ SEMA last year wasn't it?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thanks for posting.

Judging by the pictures, the inside of the interior tips of the quadpipes of ohcrap's black 1M seem to be pretty clean, unlike the inside of the exterior ones ? Why did ohcrap only clean both interiors, instead of all four ? Or are the interior tips simply not connected (which is hard to believe, however why not dirtied by exhaust fumes).
i think its a common problem with quads with one side being dirty and the other one clean LOL i fixed the problem with re-doing mine black
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
i think its a common problem with quads with one side being dirty and the other one clean LOL i fixed the problem with re-doing mine black
As long as it remains credible.

Name:  Volvo.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  41.3 KB
      04-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thanks for posting.

I too noticed that right away...my immediate guess is that his exhaust possibly has an open/closed functionality, and he probably keeps it in one of the two modes most of the time. I believe I read somewhere that some of these aftermarket exhausts when in closed mode direct the fumes through the muffler canister which is connected to only 2 tips (could be just the inner or just the outer tips), whereas the other tips bypass the canister.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
ethanh8791
Supreme Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: crazy

Garage List
2007 VW GTI  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
I too noticed that right away...my immediate guess is that his exhaust possibly has an open/closed functionality, and he probably keeps it in one of the two modes most of the time. I believe I read somewhere that some of these aftermarket exhausts when in closed mode direct the fumes through the muffler canister which is connected to only 2 tips (could be just the inner or just the outer tips), whereas the other tips bypass the canister.
me 2 notice but if you look at the cp-e site you can see that it wouldn't make sense for this^ to be the case.

still confused unless only inners were cleaned...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

I don't recall this trunk on the Dark Night. Is it Revezport or a one-off product for this car?

The Dark Night's amazing matte color makes the car look meaner and better imo. The mod parts like the hood, sides and front lip looks better with this color.
If this would be an optional color from the factory I would take it over VO and maybe over anything.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
oldBMWguy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M [Finally !]

Holy S___ !

.............WRT many of the cars there --- We REALLY are Motorheads, aren't we !!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

WOW that black 1m looks crazy. Love the ttrs. My brother ordered one this past week, hopefully he will actually get an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM

What was this meet and is it a regular get together?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #12
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

Nice cars...

What are those orange "motion" canisters in the engine bay?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #13
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
Nice cars...

What are those orange "motion" canisters in the engine bay?
It's actually 'Moton', a suspension systems manufacturer. The canisters your see are reservoirs for the damper fluid. They usually they also have damper adjustments on the remote reservoirs.
      04-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Great photo's and cars.

NSX is a Legend.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

thats a nice hood on the black M.

Which brand is it?

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Can anyone confirm if this intake snorkel is from a 328i? I've heard of people using the 328i snorkel in place of the 335i/135i/1M one for better airflow to the DCI's.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Nice pics. I recognize that black car
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

What hood does he have? The Rezvo? Also, is the front lip Slek?

That's a badass looking car. I'm not much into the decals but damn, if that thing showed up in my rear-view mirror, I'd move over in a hurry.

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

That's a badass looking car. I'm not much into the decals but damn, if that thing showed up in my rear-view mirror, I'd move over in a hurry.

Also, does anyone else still get a little tingle whenever they see a nice, clean NSX? Pity Honda is replacing that with some chrome-faced monstrosity.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #20
ORA
Banned
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

meh....i prefer the stock 1M.....that modified, matte wrapped 1M looks blah and overdone.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
Maximus_Prime
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '12 Q5 2.0T, '06 Miata

Garage List
Hey folks! Thanks for the comments! Replies are below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Why did ohcrap only clean both interiors, instead of all four ? Or are the interior tips simply not connected (which is hard to believe, however why not dirtied by exhaust fumes).
Good question. I didn't notice the difference in person, but I have to agree it appears as if the inner tips aren't getting any exhaust flow. I'll have to ask next time I see ohcrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M
very cool pics, thanx for posting! love the dark knight's it was the project car shown @ SEMA last year wasn't it?
Thanks! Yes, it is the same car from SEMA. It's a joint project with many companies, but I believe mainly Revozport and CPe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
I don't recall this trunk on the Dark Night. Is it Revezport or a one-off product for this car?
Yes, I believe it is the Revozport trunk. The car is fitted with the complete Revo aero package - hood, lip, side skirts, diffuser, and inner panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBMWguy
Holy S___ !

.............WRT many of the cars there --- We REALLY are Motorheads, aren't we !!
That's exactly what I said when I saw ohcrap's car pull up in the wee hours of the morning. You could hear it from what felt like miles away! Also, the cars at the meet were awesome. The exotics stayed away due to the possibility of rain, which meant the meet was full of awesome motorheads that had done some extreme mods to their cars. It was pretty epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain
WOW that black 1m looks crazy. Love the ttrs. My brother ordered one this past week, hopefully he will actually get an allocation.
Congrats to your bro! Man, you two roll hard! The TTRS looked awesome in person. I'm sure your bro will love it! Sadly I couldn't find the owner of the TTRS at the meet - I would have loved to chat with him about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper
What was this meet and is it a regular get together?
This was the inaugural Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee meet. It will take place every Saturday from 7:30am - 9:30am. More info can be found on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt...y.Cars.Coffee/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue
Great photo's and cars.

NSX is a Legend.
Thanks. Agree on the NSX - one of my favorite cars ever (despite being underpowered). The red one was in immaculate condition. Its owner also owns a shop that specializes in NSX's. He said this particular car has been completely re-done from top to bottom, including a new engine directly from Acura. He said it had less than 250 miles after the restoration. The interior looked better than new if you can believe it. Here's another picture of the car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert
thats a nice hood on the black M.

Which brand is it?
That's the Revozport hood. I agree - it is really nice. Its is super aggressive and does not have the M3 bulge (which is over-played imo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1M
Can anyone confirm if this intake snorkel is from a 328i? I've heard of people using the 328i snorkel in place of the 335i/135i/1M one for better airflow to the DCI's.
I cannot 100% confirm, but I am 99.99% sure it is the stock 1M/135i snorkel. It looks exactly like the OEM snorkel in my 135i and my 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix
Nice pics. I recognize that black car
Thanks. Did Helix do work on this car too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33

Both the lip and the hood are Revozport. The lip looks different because it does not have the secondary bottom diffuser panel on it. I cannot stress enough how scary this car is in person. You can hear it coming from a mile away, and when it passes you by it's like you saw death's shadow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33
Also, does anyone else still get a little tingle whenever they see a nice, clean NSX? Pity Honda is replacing that with some chrome-faced monstrosity.
I do! Since there are a few fellow NSX lovers in this thread, here are some pictures of a couple of other NSXs that attended the meet:

2011 1M | Valencia Orange | #655 of 740
BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance Shadowline Grills | Gloss black iND side markers
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Sick Pictures, I think that matte black while a tad played out looks HARD on the 1M. Definetly some dinero in that car. Motons are what made me drool.
Appreciate 0