E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I'm sweating bullets over what almost happened a few minutes ago!..

06-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #67
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
WTF is wrong with you? slam your brakes in front of her? what if she hits you from behind? great, you get yourself a fucked up bimmer to 'teach her a lesson'?
damn, think before you spit out numbskull remarks like this
lol... relax man...

didnt I said that I'm glad that he didn't do that?
Alpine White | Navigation | Premium | Osram HID 6000K Headlight, Foglight | LED Blackline | M-Tech Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper | AC Schnitzer Pedals, E-Brake, Decklid, Rooftop, Front Spoiler, Side Skirt, Racing Spring | Tint 35/50 | DRL Disabled | Carbon Fiber Grill, Emblem | MTec 2.1 Halos | LED Interior Xenon | Painted Red Calipers | JleviSW LED Signals & Licence Plate Kit | Voltage Stabilizer | GruppeM Intake | Remus PowerSound Quad Exhaust | MorrVS8 with Bridegestone RE960
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #68
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
I guess this thread is useful for all the different lessons that could be potentially learned: (1) defensive driving, (2) control of emotions, (3) if you want to be well-liked and live a long and healthy life, be friendly and kind, (4) the E90 is engineered to save your ass when you get it into trouble.
But come to think of it, isn't road rage and traffic stress good for business for you? You should be covertly encouraging this stuff!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #69
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, Saph Blk 330i

In my opinion that was just a waste of Gatorade.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #70
Jibber
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3
I was so angry at the moment, and felt all this rage build up upon me, I had no one else in the car to vent to, and I didnt feel like burning out or flooring it to release the anger. I grabbed my gatorade bottle and threw it at her window to relief the frustration. I stunned myself by doing that, I never did things like that in my old car when a near accident almost occured. Im kinda sorry, but i still feel she deserved it. B*tch.
I had a very similar incident a couple weeks ago. I was surprised at how angrily I reacted. I cooled off after they gave a sincere "sorry" wave. But until then I was really pissed. Don't mess with my baby!
      06-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #71
parafrog
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i BlkSaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90rocks
though I have a little different take on the situation.
I am assuming that your description has you merging from the right onto a two lane highway where she is in the left lane. The way this movie runs in my mind is that you merge right next to her, she never sees you. You are now at roughly the same speed, but running just behind her right rear quarterpanel. You 'punch it' in order to pass her on the right. She is blissfully unaware of your presence and starts to make an unannounced lane change. You slam on the brakes, give her the horn, then glare at her at the next intersection. Not getting any acknowledgement whatsoever, you launch the gatorade bottle. She wisely keeps her window rolled up and takes off.

In the first case, it sounds as though you merged right next to her. That's legal, but if there's a yield sign, I always prefer to wait until both lanes are clear. Often that's just a matter of seconds.

In the second instance, you mentioned that you accelerated out of her blind spot. By definition this means that you were in her blind spot, and while I too would be upset at her for not signaling, it is plausible that she never saw you. Decelerating, then looping around and flashing your beams in preparation for passing on the LEFT side would have been safer, given appropriate traffic conditions.

No doubt she should have been more aware of her surroundings, but honestly, I think that if you take your contribution to the situation into account, that may help you let go of your anger. Your beautiful car is intact, and you don't even have to worry about disposing of your gatorade bottle at home. Clearly she did owe you a 'sorry' wave, as in the Seinfeld episode.

BTW - If you merged from the left, then I'm with you right except for the bottle throwing. If you're in the UK, well, then I've got left-right confusion and need to take a tylenol.
EXACTLY!!!!

dude, WTF are you thinking?!?!?! she was scared. she probably knew she did the wrong thing and was just trying to correct and continue on. i understand your frustration (believe me, i've been there) but throwing a plastic bottle. c'mon. not everyone is a good driver. they give everyone a license to drive. be defensive when you drive (this is exactly what you did) and you'll be fine for the most part. but throwing shit?!?!?! you are asking for trouble.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #72
parafrog
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
Reality check buddy, no one cares that you drive a BMW. You are not special and people are not jealous. Now grow up and loose the cocky little teenage attitude.
effin A!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #73
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Funny thing though, 90% of BMW owners, and 100% of the people I have met personally from e90post are friggen cool as hell.

Ever notice how when you are cool to people they are cool back to you. That's the world tellin you you are livin right my man.
      06-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #74
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
So, this woman was jealous of a car that was in her blind spot that she couldn't see? Perhaps she just sensed the aura of superiority and reacted out of pure hatred and contempt - swerving into the next lane trying to destroy all that is good and holy.

Your comment is extremely snobbish, and also pretty inaccurate. I drive 120 miles a day, part of which is in some very congested I-95 traffic, and I can tell you that assholes behind the wheel come in all shapes and sizes and drive every type of vehicle. There are actually certain types of cars that seem to attract asshole owners - primarily BMWs. This was actually a strong consideration for me before I purchased one. I didn't want to be "one of those assholes in a BMW".

Perhaps the reason people are giving you the finger is because you are a young driver in a BMW who is also acting like an asshole. If you drive around like you're entitled then people aren't going to like you much. Those people driving POS cars might be working their asses off to pay bills, raise kids, and find some way to better themselves. Your elitist attitude makes you assume that they are automatically jealous of you - because you feel they should be, and that somehow makes you feel superior. Why? How do you know you're a better person than they are? They might actually be looking at you and thinking "look, there goes another dipshit with a $600 car payment".

Very well said, Ledzep. A women driving wrecklessly just happend to be driving an economy car. What if the woman driving like a douche bag happend to be driving a Ferrari perhaps? Then in his elitst attitude, the roles would have been reversed. "Fucking asshole thinks she can drive like that because she drives a modena? I'll show that bitch!"
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #75
parafrog
Private
Rep

Quote:
So, this woman was jealous of a car that was in her blind spot that she couldn't see? Perhaps she just sensed the aura of superiority and reacted out of pure hatred and contempt - swerving into the next lane trying to destroy all that is good and holy.

Your comment is extremely snobbish, and also pretty inaccurate. I drive 120 miles a day, part of which is in some very congested I-95 traffic, and I can tell you that assholes behind the wheel come in all shapes and sizes and drive every type of vehicle. There are actually certain types of cars that seem to attract asshole owners - primarily BMWs. This was actually a strong consideration for me before I purchased one. I didn't want to be "one of those assholes in a BMW".

Perhaps the reason people are giving you the finger is because you are a young driver in a BMW who is also acting like an asshole. If you drive around like you're entitled then people aren't going to like you much. Those people driving POS cars might be working their asses off to pay bills, raise kids, and find some way to better themselves. Your elitist attitude makes you assume that they are automatically jealous of you - because you feel they should be, and that somehow makes you feel superior. Why? How do you know you're a better person than they are? They might actually be looking at you and thinking "look, there goes another dipshit with a $600 car payment".
exactly, sir. people, get a grip. i also drive a POS 1991 MB 200E. if i move into your lane by mistake, i'm sorry. i'll wave to you and move on my way. but, you know what? i pay insurance and registration. i have as much right to drive as any A-hole out there. if you drive a maybach or a yugo, you have the same rights. how about lending a little levity to the situation. she wasn't trying to take you out. yeah mensa, levity, whip out your dictionary. chill out and quit the road rage. folks, i've had a few beers, but no apologies. i'm out.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #76
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompey
I'm with canucklion--one at a time.

I feel *exactly* the same way regarding the BMW owner reputation, even though there are many other makes of vehicles out there that cost the same (or even more) that don't carry the same negativity. It almost discouraged me from buying a 330i too--thank goodness I got over that foolishness! We BMW owners probably have something to do with it, but the BMW owner image has also been perpetuated in the media (TV, movies, etc.). So I try to be courteous to others as well, to make up for the bad rep.
This BMW image that you speak of, well I have to say it never crossed my mind while purchasing my car. And I'm at a lost as to why it should have. Dude, worry about what strangers say/ think about me during my daily commute; never have and never will. I suppose that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #77
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
So sue me.

I stand behind what I said --- "I hate people in POS cars that think they own the road. They are just completely jelous that people have cars that are better than their crap!"

Too many times have I been flicked off simply because I'm a young driver in a BMW. Jelously is the mother of their actions.
Never happened to me?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #78
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, it's that attitude that gives BMW drivers a bad rep.
Exactly... hence this thread by the OP:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21435
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #79
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ROFLMAO!!! OMG, LedZep... have I told you how God-like you are?

Quote:

Hopefully, anyone reading that last paragraph, can then understand why a $1500 bonus lost because of 4's on the CSI survey, when a sales rep went out of their way to make sure things were nice for you, could really bust some nuts.

Almost everyone in this forum will be quick to point-out that they aren't perfect... but about half of them will also be quick to complain when someone at the dealership isn't.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #80
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

very poignant observations my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx
Almost everyone in this forum will be quick to point-out that they aren't perfect... but about half of them will also be quick to complain when someone at the dealership isn't.
      06-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #81
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
I guess this thread is useful for all the different lessons that could be potentially learned: (1) defensive driving, (2) control of emotions, (3) if you want to be well-liked and live a long and healthy life, be friendly and kind, (4) the E90 is engineered to save your ass when you get it into trouble.
LOL.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #82
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
very poignant observations my friend
I try, I try.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #83
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx
ROFLMAO!!! OMG, LedZep... have I told you how God-like you are?
That's a first! Thanks! But alas, just a mere mortal I'm afraid. An exceptional one, granted... but a mortal all the same.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #84
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

all this reading is making me thirsty for some drink that tastes kinda salty and is designed to replaced the electrolytes lost through sweating....hmmm where can I get something like that
      01-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #85
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

more Pew Pew and less QQ.

p.s. don't forget to the read the date
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #86
GordonShumway
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ View Post
I drive a cavalier bitch
Is a cavaleer better than a Yugo ??
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #87
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Wow, this made me laugh when I read that you threw a bottle at her car. Your reaction was immature but still funny.

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #88
uabimmer
Україна
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: JB e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2003 330i  [0.00]
WOW

sure happy you didnt get into a crash bro.... yeah sometimes you just need to pull over take a few breathes and realize that there are those kinda people on the road... you just gotta watch out...

Appreciate 0