BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2010, 08:10 AM   #23
michifan
Old Soul
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM BWM 135iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaBart View Post
My dealer took pictures of my boost gauge T connection! When I was having miss fire issues! Since I hVe to pull my JB+, I figured what the hell, pull it.

Finally they replaced my HPFP, that's after I bought a BT scan tool and printed out the codes and asked them to speak about them. They put off the HPFP replacemnt for it took 3 visits.

My son has an EVO and the dealer says don't go too crazy with mods and we will warranty the car! They suggested a cat back, filter and a tune.

Day and night
Booster Gauges are probably the biggest smoking gun for a dealer. There is zero reason for a boost gauge in a stock car. It basically screams that I have a major tune and I use it.

OCC and FMIC are good for the engine, so if you've installed it right - its really unlikely to create a problem for the dealer.

Intakes have been done for many years, and I've yet to hear of someone using a reasonable intake having a problem.

Boost gauges and tunes are problems because the former is evidence of the latter and the latter can definitely lead to problems.

Take out the Boost Gauge and the tune for the dealer, but don't worry about the OCC, DCI or FMIC...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #24
BahamaBart
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by michifan View Post
Booster Gauges are probably the biggest smoking gun for a dealer. There is zero reason for a boost gauge in a stock car. It basically screams that I have a major tune and I use it.

OCC and FMIC are good for the engine, so if you've installed it right - its really unlikely to create a problem for the dealer.

Intakes have been done for many years, and I've yet to hear of someone using a reasonable intake having a problem.

Boost gauges and tunes are problems because the former is evidence of the latter and the latter can definitely lead to problems.

Take out the Boost Gauge and the tune for the dealer, but don't worry about the OCC, DCI or FMIC...

So far I removed the JB+ and I did the OCC only because I was battling for HPFP replacement. The gauge is too much to remove and we all know that it won't cause engine failure so I leave it. Dealer loved it but was not kidding that they took pictures of the connection and had it reviewed before replacing my HPFP. They seem to have a step in the warranty process - is there anything that the dealer can use as an excuse not to service under warranty. HPFP - 3 visits !

The reason I shared removing it was to let everyone know that the connections make it easy to remove. Your right no dealer should have an issue with it.

Lastly there is also another OCC option - Burger tuning sells one. Don't know anything about it but I know burger tuning and if its like their other products - its good stuff and worth looking at.
Exterior Bling| Kerscher splitter |
Interior Bling | Bimmian pedals | 3P Cars gauage |
Appreciate 0