BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #23
1HungryMan
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
I just find it "odd" that people don't wear a seat belt, that's all.

Not only are they not wearing seat belts but they come on a message board and brag about it, weird.
Well I guess "not everything's about you buddy".

But seriously, most people do wear their belts. The gong reminding us is the problem. That's the point.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #24
robertdelrusso
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for your help, all

thanks for all your answers. My intention was not to raise an insurance, political, ethical or any kind of issue. Just a simple question about how to stop the damn gong. I realize now i have a lot of options. Thanks again
      11-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #25
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
The seatbelts a must! I would have died if i wasnt wearing my seatbelt when my Jetta got totaled... anywho idk why but in my VW when friends would get off my car the seatbelt noise would keep going off like if there was someone sitting there still w no belt n after like 2mins it turns off idk y.

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #26
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

My gong stops after some driving (5-10 minutes maybe) even without the seatbelt clipped in. Try it in your car.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #27
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

I personally think any and every feature should be able to be turned off in one way or another. Maybe a day will come when it is standard to have a form of idrive, and a menu of choices. When it comes to safety, they can always have a code, so people do not just turn everything off. It's about being smart. I do agree, there are times we just do not want something on, and it is not about safety.

Till then I think we will have to live with the gong. My guess, we could find someone to make a dummy seatbelt buckle that is maybe made out of plastic or something, then those who carry 6 packs or flight bags, can us that.

Sometimes being too safe becomes unsafe. Nothing worse than being stupid enough to try and reach across to buckle up that passenger seatbelt while diving and you swerve and hit something. Yes the right thing to do is stop, but I can tell you not every1 is going to do that. So BMW please add more on/off options to the idrive.

My guess idrive will become a standard option, and they will just have different types of idrive. If the diehard no feature person wants no visible display, they can always have a plug in and you just plug in your little diagnostic idrive when you must change options.. Like our tow key, we store in the trunk.

EspressoBoy

Just wondering is the buckle standard and can we just order a spare, or visit a junk yard and make a no-gong-6-pack-clip?
      11-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #28
Mad Dragon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 GTI

The seatbelt gong is there because BMW isn't going to assume responsibility for the idiots who don't put their belts on then blame the manufacturer when they get hurt because 'the car didn't tell me to.' They're probably the same retards who drive at night with their DRLs on... or no lights at all.
Appreciate 0