BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-25-2010, 06:13 AM   #67
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxNuke View Post
I recently received this new update when in for the seat belt recall as well. Not much difference in the power / drive-ability (I was using the original software, whatever it was, that came on my 2010) but the big difference is in the sound of the Hi-Fi unit. Whatever they changed... made a huge difference in sound quality. A lot of the muddy bass is gone and I am able to tweak the eq for some decent sound out of the system.

Anyone else notice this?

- Aux
I'm almost certain my Hi-Fi system sounds better since the update, too. The digital distortion I used to get seems to be gone. Seems like there is less bass than what I had before, but I haven't tweaked any of the settings yet to fine tune it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #68
radorotrex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Cabrio / 08 M3 Sedan

Few things I noticed over the weekend after getting the update....
My idrive system has been updated with a few changes in icons, some added features to the telephone system and I haven't gone entirely thru it but I pretty happy with it.
Fuel pump priming, before I could hear the fuel pump turn on when I unlocked the car but now the sound is even louder.
My sound system sounds way better, the base is tighter and I can turn it up louder then before. I connect my iphone and listen to my music all the time and before it would have connection issues where the music would stop and disconnect or the music would not start off where I left off after disconnecting my iphone. Also when i'm listening to my playlist it would only show the one song that is currently playing on my screen and I couldn't scroll to any other songs on the playlist. No problems with it now.
It's hard to say the performance of the car has changed but for some reason it does feel a little more responsive (less lag).
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #69
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by radorotrex View Post
Fuel pump priming, before I could hear the fuel pump turn on when I unlocked the car but now the sound is even louder.
I noticed this too. The sound is now noticeably louder as soon as I open the door.

I don't have i-drive, and after the software update all my settings were gone and I had to re-pair my phone because the address book was gone. Today I had to re-pair again. So the software update made my BT worse.

I have the hi-fi but did not notice any difference in sound quality.

As far as power difference, maybe I'm getting used to it because it still feels perky, but not all the time (independent of weather) The throttle response is definitely not what it was before, and it does feel less torque-y. I haven't called my dealer yet so I guess I can't complain.

Here is the biggest difference.

25 mpg

My first full tank after the update I got 25 mpg. I have never gotten that good of mileage on a tank. I use the car as a freeway commuter. The higher mpg has to be related to the software because nothing changed about my commute or driving style... in fact I might have been harder on the car because I was testing it a bit to see if I felt any power loss (I feel I did) Maybe I'm getting better mpg because I've got less HP..... ??? I'd rather have my performance back - that's why I bought this car!
      09-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #70
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
I noticed this too. The sound is now noticeably louder as soon as I open the door.

I don't have i-drive, and after the software update all my settings were gone and I had to re-pair my phone because the address book was gone. Today I had to re-pair again. So the software update made my BT worse.

I have the hi-fi but did not notice any difference in sound quality.

As far as power difference, maybe I'm getting used to it because it still feels perky, but not all the time (independent of weather) The throttle response is definitely not what it was before, and it does feel less torque-y. I haven't called my dealer yet so I guess I can't complain.

Here is the biggest difference.

25 mpg

My first full tank after the update I got 25 mpg. I have never gotten that good of mileage on a tank. I use the car as a freeway commuter. The higher mpg has to be related to the software because nothing changed about my commute or driving style... in fact I might have been harder on the car because I was testing it a bit to see if I felt any power loss (I feel I did) Maybe I'm getting better mpg because I've got less HP..... ??? I'd rather have my performance back - that's why I bought this car!
We NEED software version numbers. Without them we have no idea what software you have nor what to compare it to.

Ask your service adviser to give it to you. You can do it over the phone.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #71
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Mine is 89.45.80.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that mine has never been updated. I just bought it CPO. You think that would have been one of the things that they checked.

-Jeff
      09-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #72
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 View Post
Mine is 89.45.80.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that mine has never been updated. I just bought it CPO. You think that would have been one of the things that they checked.

-Jeff
That looks more like the "SW" number from the gauge cluster read out, which is not your engine software version.

Can you please verify where you got this?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #73
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
That looks more like the "SW" number from the gauge cluster read out, which is not your engine software version.

Can you please verify where you got this?

You sir are correct. I am still figuring this thing out. I guess I followed the wrong tutorial. Thanks!

-Jeff
      09-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #74
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i X Drive

No Update

I brought my 2010 135 for "the recall" last week. No software update as far as I can see. I think my mileage is below what it should be though... perhaps I will address this at the first service.
BTW: Almost 9000 miles on the car now and it was delivered 5/12 !
      04-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #75
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation I had a SW update done today...

So today my dealer pdated my SW. I wanted to see IF this update would solve some minor issues I have been having: intermitent USB flash drive would drop off from the radio. Also cold air from teh center dash vents.

I also wanted the new TPMS display for low tire - pointing you to the low tire. I have not tested this yet.

What I did notice right away is now when I unlock and lock my car my turn signals flash. The parking lights also do not stay on as long as they use too. I always leave my headlights in "auto mode". Bellow is a short video - sorry about the clanking in the (audio) background... it was windy today and there are some shovels hanging up near the garage enterance.

I also noticed that when I switch off the DSC - I get a new icon in the instrument cluster. Anyone seen that before? I am wondering what else has changed?

Sorry... I don't have a SW version number. ?

Dackel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #76
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

did it fix the center vent problem?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #77
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
did it fix the center vent problem?

When I drove home today it was too warm outside. I will know soon though. I only have driven the car 30 kms so far. I will let ou all know in a few days.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #78
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
When I drove home today it was too warm outside. I will know soon though. I only have driven the car 30 kms so far. I will let ou all know in a few days.

Dackel
How does it drive?
Is there less or better throttle response when in gear at higher rpm and you go full throttle?
Does it hesitate for a second and then pull, or does it respond right away with the throttle push?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #79
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
How does it drive?
Is there less or better throttle response when in gear at higher rpm and you go full throttle?
Does it hesitate for a second and then pull, or does it respond right away with the throttle push?

Well... I still don't have much seat time. I have only driven the car 120 kms since the SW update. I think the engine is still adapting. I really can not feel any difference in power (or loss of power!). Throttle response feels the same - ie good. No lag as some people report from past SW updates.

Some people have reported better audio clarity - my base sound system sounds the same to me. No new features either. I shall see IF my USB problem is still there or fixed? Sometimes I would loose the USB function/stick even though it was plugged into the USB slot.

I also suspect I have the new TPMS icon which points to the low tire. I am gonna have to test this this weekend.

Here is what I have noticed:

*When the engine is cold and I unlock the doors - I now hear the HPFP start up.

*turn signals flash when locking and unlocking the car.

*The top speed limiter "feels different" now when I hit 155mph. Seems to be tickling the speed governor more that last 5 mph. ?

*When I turn the DSC off I have a new icon on the dash.

*Exhaust note sounds exactly the same to me. Some have said they noticed a louder exhaust tone. Not for me. But my exhaust has always been on the loud side of thing - bc of all my Autobahn WOT runs. lol

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #80
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Update: Well... I think the update has indeed added some lag. It's very subtle, but the delay or lag is there. What I really notice is now when the engine is hot... the engine makes less of a ticking noise at idle. Before I could hear the injectors more than now. My guess is the wastegates are now open at idle instead of totally closed like before the SW update. Also you have to press the throttle(down) more to get the same sort of accel or crack/snap from the engine - performance wise.

Even just sitting at idle reving the engine... I noticed tonight how the engine seems less responsive than before. The throttle seems less sharp now.

But the strange thing is the outright power feels about the same. Its just that the throttle response isn't as good now.

Dackel

Last edited by Dackelone; 04-17-2011 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #81
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

I am waiting for the update that raises the boost to 1 bar.
      04-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #82
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustration View Post
I believe the latest DME FLASH Version is 2.38.2.0.1.

Confirmed work order b13 09 10 (this is not the update version, just a rok order number)

That was completes a couple of days ago and it's not as well powered as past version.

I have come to realize this too. Under 3.5K rpms my car feels less powerfull. Less go when I give it some throttle. I'd say where before I could crack the trottle 1/4 way and get fairly good pickup... now I have to open the throttle almost 1/2 way. The throttle also seems slower to repond too. HP at WOT feels about the same. It is just the part throttle performance that feels much worse.

Also... the car does idle better and is quieter at idle. Less injector noise or maybe that was wastegate noise all along? I prefer my old software.

The only bright side of the SW update is I don't have any more trouble with my USB stick dropping out of the HU display. Also the traction control has been improved and refined. It feels much smoother when it reigns me in. At cruising speeds... the exhaust seems louder. But not really when driving at slower speeds. Just at constant highway speeds (45 to 60 mph range) does it sound louder. I liked it the way the SW was before.

It looks like I will have to get a tune to get rid of this "new" software. I hope my guy can fix this for me. Btw... today i ran an Audi A8L v12 on the autobahn and we were neck and neck. So... I know my car is still quick! We both ran out of steam at 250 kph. I need a tune that will let me go 294 kph!!!! Marcel here I come!

Dackel
Appreciate 0