BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
Furo125i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW/CORAL 125i

Garage List
Melbourne repairs/panelshop

.... needing help and recommendations of a bodyshop in Melbourne from the wise council of this forum..

I have always tried to find a car space that is like almost isolated or near someone who would care for their car like I do, it's basic courtesy to take care of the property of others especially WHEN IT'S BLOODY PARKED. It was a Mini Cooper before and I'm sure it was a Toyota which came in.

my front bumper was dented in like it was hit by a tow bar on the back of this 1990s Toyota and the car plate protector was cracked and the car plate was dented.

I would have waited for the owner if i saw it then. at that time I went around the back to put some things in the boot, and only to see it when i reached home.

where does these people get their license? bribed the instructor? it was a bloody an easy parallel parking for that spot in front of me, as it was the first one. no cars infront, just plain simple reversing. Apparently it's just too hard to reverse in a straight line slowly, i'm sure he was reversing at a quite a speed to do the damage it did..

*end rant.

please help with the bodyshop recomendations, def going tomorrow.
      02-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furo125i View Post
.... needing help and recommendations of a bodyshop in Melbourne from the wise council of this forum..

I have always tried to find a car space that is like almost isolated or near someone who would care for their car like I do, it's basic courtesy to take care of the property of others especially WHEN IT'S BLOODY PARKED. It was a Mini Cooper before and I'm sure it was a Toyota which came in.

my front bumper was dented in like it was hit by a tow bar on the back of this 1990s Toyota and the car plate protector was cracked and the car plate was dented.

I would have waited for the owner if i saw it then. at that time I went around the back to put some things in the boot, and only to see it when i reached home.

where does these people get their license? bribed the instructor? it was a bloody an easy parallel parking for that spot in front of me, as it was the first one. no cars infront, just plain simple reversing. Apparently it's just too hard to reverse in a straight line slowly, i'm sure he was reversing at a quite a speed to do the damage it did..

*end rant.

please help with the bodyshop recomendations, def going tomorrow.
The only bodyshops i'd use for a BMW in melbourne are;
Charlie Batisti in Nunawading, or
The BMW Bodyshop in Port Melbourne (Lorimer St).
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Sprey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Sorry to hear Furo 125i. Some people just have no respect for others, let alone other people's property.

If it's any consolation, bumper damage are much easier to undo compared with panel damages. I would normally choose a parallel park space over a side-by-side for that reason, and also in the belief that incompetent parkers wouldn't even try.

As for technological solutions, I wonder if car manufacturers can have PDC activate the car horn if your car is parked and someone gets too close. Or, we can mandate the below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PpsLYKGdr0
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Furo125i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the response guys, and Sprey great idea on the horn thing.
      02-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Furo do you still need a repairer.

One friend does proper repair/spray job who can do insurance claim and one friend is mechanics. The mechanic friend's workshop has a BMW part centre next to him.

Let me know if you need contact.

They are in Mitcham/Ringwood area.
      02-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

I recently had front bumper work done at Bridge Road Panel Works in Richmond. See Joe there, he drives an SL600 and has a passion for nice cars - I was more than happy with their work.
      02-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
richie_csl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3CSL, E90 325i

Go to Mr. Gloss (Moorabbin), they are one of BMW approved repairer... Graham will look after you in terms of pricings! They are as good as Battisti's, but the price is a lot better...

cheers,

richie
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Richie may have use them a lot himself haha.... just kidding.
      02-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
richie_csl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3CSL, E90 325i

Taka,

You aren't wrong mate... I got my Z3 M coupe fully resprayed by Mr. Gloss and they really looked after me.... and then its engine bay and other bits resprayed by Charlie (with engine out)... I am Charlie's customer for nearly 10 years... their quality is really up there... and with Mr. Gloss, they are as good... if you are paying out of your own pocket, go to Mr. Gloss... and if the insurance is paying for the job, you can really toss your coin here... I will go to Charlie because it is closer to my home... however... Mr. Gloss is just 2 minutes from my work and close to Andrew @ Southern too... I wouldn't want to make this type of decision any time sooner though....

I am sure Andrew will prefer Mr. Gloss over others

cheers,

richie
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #10
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

We support Super Finish as they support us, we do many many cars for Superfinish and we recomend many cars to them. I also acknowledge Mr Gloss for high end repairs and believe they are up there in the top of the field in my book

Furo, BMW aren't sure about the Aero and BMW Performance bar differences, i believe they are different as the washer nozzles for the headlight washers are different 125i and 135i and also i want to be sure the Aero or BMW performance bars have long style fog lights like your cars has standard. I need to be sure, so am hoping for confirmation soon.

Thanks
Andrew
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #11
Furo125i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Garage List
got it Andrew.. will wait for your confirmation then.

Thanks