BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thumbs up Vishnu Procede + Meth Dyno

Hi All,

I installed a meth kit on a car a couple of weekends back and we hit the dyno with it last night (attached). The car is an 08 135I 6AT with following mods:

* Procede V4 latest maps
* DCI
* Full exhaust with decat down pipes
* Vishnu Meth Kit (75/25 meth/water)

The lowest run (199kW ATW) is in valet mode which basically puts the tune to standard, but it will make more power than standard because of the other mods. Typically a stock car is around 175-185kW ATW on this dyno, but the mechanical mods made it quite healthy.

The middle run is Procede map 1 without meth, which is 13.5psi. A nice healthy 239kW ATW which is pretty much as expected for a 6AT with Procede and other mods. We could have gotten more by putting in a little more boost (probably about 250 with 14.5psi).

The highest run is with meth enabled. The Autotune is running around 15.5psi. The result is an extra 40kW for only 2psi more boost which is a phenomenal result. Meth is fantastic stuff. Normally at this boost we would only be expecting an extra 15kW or so, but the meth cools things down and controls knock to give MUCH more.

I was very happy with this result. I was expecting about 20-30kW extra with Meth, but was very surprised to get a genuine 40kW. And this was repeatable also. 3 back to back runs were within 2kW of this figure, and I just printed the highest which was the last run (so autotune was still running!!). Probably could have broken 280 with more runs, but did not want beat on a customers car.

The dynos are super smooth, and super repeatable. Contact me for more info on the Procede and/or meth. I can also supply the DCI and should have decat pipes in the not too distant future.

EDIT - I have added some photos of the install. One photo is the parts installed under the trim. The other photo is with the trim fitted. Note that this was a custom install. The Vishnu kit is designed to be used on a 335I which has a removable trim on the RHS rear. We decided to LHS so as to not lose the netted boot area and the cigarette lighter socker. We custom fitted the parts under the trim and made a bracket to fit the bottle to the trim. Ended up quite neat and easy to fill the bottle.

Cheers,

Adrian
Attached Images

Last edited by adrian@vishnu; 08-25-2010 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Added Photos
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Adrian,

Looks good, need to catch up and have you update my maps at some stage

Out of interest what issues would you have with the local fuzz if pulled over with Meth hooked up?

Someone mentioned to me that even open element filters (i.e. Ingen Intake, DCI etc) are not legal in NSW, and as I've had on 2 occasions been asked to open the bonnet while being breath tested any more mods need to be as legal or stealth as possible.

Cheers,

Stuart
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

You are correct about the rules Stuart. I don't seem to get checked myself, so not really concerned. If I had this and did get pulled over and they asked the question... it is just water injection used only for track days. The bottle in the boot looks just like a washer bottle anyway. You could also stealth fit the spray nozzle if you wanted.

Let me know when you want to update!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

METH MY CAR!

Thanks to Adrian & Autotech for organising a couple of quick runs at the end of a busy work day.

And thanks again for your fine work installing the Meth kit into the car. I know you have a few shots that people may be interested in looking at to illustrate the neat result of the 'water injection' system. Thats legal...right?!
It is a switchable device with a fob remote and is only used for track days...naturally.

Its good to have some dyno figures on the car to back up the first impressions of the initial tuning runs following the Procede Meth install. BEV wanted to break traction even from 100+...

I must let everyone know the effort, persistence and advice from you and Andrew from Southern BM has turned BEV from a trouble ridden problem child into a sorted car that I am finally starting to enjoy. I was leaning heavily to the hate side of my love hate relationship with the 135 and ready to give up because of the frequent ongoing issues with the first after market computer...sounds a like marriage...at least you can sell the car or change the software

A swap to Procede cured all of the glitches and ills. BEV has transformed into even more of a bullet. And in the words of Top Gear...Powweerrr!!

The Meth combined with the new Procede maps are super smooth and progressive. The car is nicer on the throttle under light city driving conditions. More precise and accurate which is great as most of my drive time is city based.

I am enjoying the DCI, more turbo noise and BOV whoosh...nice

All these improvements take me closer to the love side of the love / hate relationship.
Its a relief to finally enjoy this car!

Time to plan the last few upgrades.

Last edited by 135i2; 08-25-2010 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Those are some solid numbers...nice work!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Awesome figures Adrian.. Was the car on a Hub or roller dyno?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Photos of install added.

This was a dyno-dynamics roller dyno. This is one of the tougher reading Dynodynamics dynos in Sydney. I have used it alot on Subarus in the past and it get the lowest numbers compared to other Sydney DD dynos. My car was similar numbers to this but a little higher for mods as mone is 6MT. I have not done meth on my car though.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
How long does a bottle of meth actually last? Cost of re-filling?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

For an average driver it would last a tank of fuel. It only injects meth when under boost (10psi+), so if youa re just round town driving it should last a long time. If you are at the track you may want refill every session.

I think Mike bought from a race fuel place and is was around $60 for 20L which should last him many months (you dilute it down with water also). There are alternative ways to get it much cheaper in the USA, but have not found these in Australia yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:19 AM   #10
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Great results Adrian!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #11
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Great numbers! I love meth
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:49 AM   #12
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
How long does a bottle of meth actually last? Cost of re-filling?

I have used only a 1/3 of a bottle over two weeks and that includes the dyno runs. Have had 3 tanks of fuel in this time.

With just the odd squirt here and there the meth only hits for a couple of seconds at a time with round town driving. As I said before though, you can switch the meth off, but I find the injection of torque with the meth useful.

20lt drum of Methanol cost $66 inc gst.
I think this will last me quite a while.

Cheapest power upgrade I have ever done on any vehicle..talk about bang for your buck!

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #13
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
I have used only a 1/3 of a bottle over two weeks and that includes the dyno runs. Have had 3 tanks of fuel in this time.

With just the odd squirt here and there the meth only hits for a couple of seconds at a time with round town driving. As I said before though, you can switch the meth off, but I find the injection of torque with the meth useful.

20lt drum of Methanol cost $66 inc gst.
I think this will last me quite a while.

Cheapest power upgrade I have ever done on any vehicle..talk about bang for your buck!
Thanks Mike.... I thought it would be less than I said.

It really is a great value for money mod. And to add to that it takes better care of your engine than other mods. So if you were making the same power with different mods, you would be running you engine hotter and with more chance of detonation. I would say the 279kW ATW run is less stressful on the engine than the 239kW ATW run.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #14
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Tune,DP's,exhaust and meth, plus 100 rwkw, very nice.
Appreciate 0