BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #397
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

I ordered these on Monday and apparently they're already at the local airport. Hopefully will have them tomorrow!

63-21-2-225-282
Taillights black-line original BMW
SB46608790S
Sideindicators LED black
      05-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #398
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I haven't seen any mention of this, but I am currently lost in this D.O.T Form to fill out so the taillights can clear customs... Anyone else had to do this?

Got the form as an attachment in an email from a guy at FedEx, I went ahead and checked item number 7, the one where it says the vehicle/equipment is only for racing use.

Absolutely no clue what to put down in the Port of Entry box, or the Customs Port Code or Customs Entry No. box. Also, at the bottom, for name of importer... I'm guessing I put Schmiedmann's name there? And I am the declarant? Or am I both the imported and declarant. Wish this was covered somewhere.

EDIT:
Okay, did a little bit of research. For those of you who were, like I was, confused by the evil HS7 form that Fedex requires, here is a link that lays it out for you, pretty much.

http://voices.yahoo.com/completing-d...s-5127753.html

Last edited by Ammonia; 05-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: Found some more information
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #399
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [9.50]
Great...

Suppose I'll be getting one of these too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
I haven't seen any mention of this, but I am currently lost in this D.O.T Form to fill out so the taillights can clear customs... Anyone else had to do this?

Got the form as an attachment in an email from a guy at FedEx, I went ahead and checked item number 7, the one where it says the vehicle/equipment is only for racing use.

Absolutely no clue what to put down in the Port of Entry box, or the Customs Port Code or Customs Entry No. box. Also, at the bottom, for name of importer... I'm guessing I put Schmiedmann's name there? And I am the declarant? Or am I both the imported and declarant. Wish this was covered somewhere.

EDIT:
Okay, did a little bit of research. For those of you who were, like I was, confused by the evil HS7 form that Fedex requires, here is a link that lays it out for you, pretty much.

05-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #400
ballski
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5m

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
1987 325is  [0.00]
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming this can't be don't prior to the fedex guy contacting us? To speed up the process a bit.

Quote:

EDIT:

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #401
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballski View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming this can't be don't prior to the fedex guy contacting us? To speed up the process a bit.

Well, from the email that he sent me, this IS a preventitive measure against a customs delay, so it wouldn't change anything to submit it earlier than that:

Here is the actual email:
Quote:
-----Original Message-----

Sent: 10 May 2012 16:12:44 GMT
To: ************@hotmail.com
Subject: DOT HS7 Form - FedEx AWB# 7*********3

Dear Valued Customer,

I am sending a copy of a document we received for the above referenced shipment which is in route to the USA. We are attempting to submit this for preclearance to prevent any delays with US Customs before this shipment arrives.

Due to US Customs regulations, we will need a completed DOT HS7 form. For your convenience I have attached a blank DOT HS7 form to be completed and returned.

Please note we have approximately 24 hrs to obtain this information and submit your shipment for preclearance. If you are unable to provide any of the above information, please let us know and we will be glad to contact the shipper. Please call if you have any questions regarding this matter. My information can be found below.

Any forms returned after 4:00 PM EST should be faxed to 716-871-8500 or emailed to TON_CSPMSUPPORT@FTN.FEDEX.COM. Please be sure to copy me and please include your AWB tracking number on all forms. Thank you for your assistance!

Respectfully yours,

Rick Smoyer

ECO Prevent Import Coordinator

FedEx Trade Networks

Phone: (716) 871-3527

Fax : (716) 871-5794

Email: 785106@fedex.com

Hours: M - F, 9:00AM - 5:30PM EST
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #402
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

^^ I am wondering if us Canadians have to fill out a form like that... I have not received anything from Fedex yet.. anyone from Canada receive their Blackline LCI tail lights yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #403
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Okay, bit of an update. Just got a return call from the FedEx guy, he requested that I fax over the HS7 form with 2A checked. I orginally faxed it over with 2B checked. He made no remark on DOT regulations or anything like that. He simply said
"They're official BMW taillights, so just check 2A and you'll be fine. Your item is in flight now, so this will prevent any customs delay."

Sounds like easy street! Glad I didn't check item #7, stating that the car is a show/race car

I'll let you guys know if it passes customs without a hiccup.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #404
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
^^ I am wondering if us Canadians have to fill out a form like that... I have not received anything from Fedex yet.. anyone from Canada receive their Blackline LCI tail lights yet?
So for us Canadian guys.. I got a call from the Fedex person letting me know that my lights will be here tomorrow.. did not mention anything about a form however customs charge is around $82.00CAD geez.. on top of the VAT I was charged this is pretty hefty.. but I guess you gotta pay to play!!

Still excited!!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #405
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

I didn't have any form coming from Schmiedmann.

Also, I can report they are fully functional with the rear fog light switch. Took care of that today.

Last edited by TheSt|G; 05-14-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #406
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I also found out the difference between the two LCI blackline lights. ie: the basic and the High Blacklines shown in this thread.

The Low or standard blacklines the LED tubes do not light up... thetube is there, but only the tail light and brake light bulbs function. With the LCI Blacklines shown in this thread... the LED tube functions as the tail light bulbs when your headlights are on. I don't see why anyone would buy the "basic" blacklines. And that is also why I have been able to find a picture of them on anyones car! lol

Dack
Hi Dack

Is part number 63212225282 your are referring to for the High Blacklines LCI?

Finalising my order soon, need to be 100% sure before ordering.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #407
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
I also found out the difference between the two LCI blackline lights. ie: the basic and the High Blacklines shown in this thread.

The Low or standard blacklines the LED tubes do not light up... thetube is there, but only the tail light and brake light bulbs function. With the LCI Blacklines shown in this thread... the LED tube functions as the tail light bulbs when your headlights are on. I don't see why anyone would buy the "basic" blacklines. And that is also why I have been able to find a picture of them on anyones car! lol

Dack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Hi Dack

Is part number 63212225282 your are referring to for the High Blacklines LCI?

Finalising my order soon, need to be 100% sure before ordering.

Thanks.

Yes! The high blacklines are part number 63212225282 wich have the LED tubes like the 135i/1M LCI tails. The other part number (basic or low) have the tubes but they don't light up.

Dack
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #408
panoz7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

FYI for anyone waiting for orders to ship:

I ordered from Schmiedmann April 28th (with an anticipated 6 day backorder) and they shipped April 9th. I was contacted by fedex in the afternoon on the 9th and asked to fill out the DOT form. I emailed it back to them with section 2A checked. The tail lights arrived in Raleigh this morning (but won't be delivered until monday), so presumably they went through customs fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #409
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

holy shit! mine are out for delivery!!! Schmiedmann 2-day shipping from Denmark FTMTFW!!

edit> no forms or calls from fedex etc

Last edited by IancoleTX; 05-11-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #410
New21er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Mine are to be delivered on the 15th. I haven't been contacted by anyone for customs paper work???
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #411
panoz7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz7 View Post
The tail lights arrived in Raleigh this morning (but won't be delivered until monday), so presumably they went through customs fine.
Turns out the tail lights were delivered this morning, even though they never showed as out for delivery on the online tracker. I had them shipped to my family's business so they could sign for them so I haven't seen them yet.

Fedex estimated delivery for the 15th, so I'm pleasantly surprised they made them here so quickly. It's pretty amazing to me that they were sitting in paris at 10PM last night and then made there way to Raleigh only 14 hours (plus the time change) later.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #412
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FYI for anyone waiting for orders to ship:

I ordered from Schmiedmann April 28th (with an anticipated 6 day backorder) and they shipped April 9th. I was contacted by fedex in the afternoon on the 9th and asked to fill out the DOT form. I emailed it back to them with section 2A checked. The tail lights arrived in Raleigh this morning (but won't be delivered until monday), so presumably they went through customs fine.
That is such a relief to hear. Heres hoping my experience mirrors that.

OT: hey, maybe one day swinging though Durham I'll spot your 1er and be like AMAGAD PANOZ

EDIT: Was curious after seeing Panoz's fast delivery experience and decided to see exactly where my lights are at.... Theyre in Fayetteville now haha, on a vehicle! So I should be getting a call from my wife sometime today, no doubt angry about yet another "EXPENSIVE THING FOR YOUR DARN CAR"

Last edited by Ammonia; 05-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Shipping update
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #413
WPG D33Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i vert Cobb Stage2

Mines out for delivery now! FedEx is fast!!!
      05-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #414
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
That is such a relief to hear. Heres hoping my experience mirrors that.

OT: hey, maybe one day swinging though Durham I'll spot your 1er and be like AMAGAD PANOZ

EDIT: Was curious after seeing Panoz's fast delivery experience and decided to see exactly where my lights are at.... Theyre in Fayetteville now haha, on a vehicle! So I should be getting a call from my wife sometime today, no doubt angry about yet another "EXPENSIVE THING FOR YOUR DARN CAR"
+1 just buy her a new purse and call it even
      05-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #415
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
+1 just buy her a new purse and call it even
Think I'll swing by Best Buy and grab her the Nikon D3100 camera shes been wanting. Then she'll be like
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #416
WPG D33Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i vert Cobb Stage2

Amazing job on the packaging and only $24 in duty! Can't wait to get my car back to put these on!
      05-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #417
panoz7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You should come out for C&C. It's the first saturday of every month.

I just got home from work and installed the tails. I had read on the forum that it was a pretty simple install (only 3 bolts) but unless I missed something you also have to take out part of the trunk liner to access those bolts. It isn't difficult but it's a bit of a pain to get it back together.

It was worth the work though. They look fantastic with the BSM paint. I'm amazed how different the back of my car looks now. I love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #418
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You should come out for C&C. It's the first saturday of every month.

I just got home from work and installed the tails. I had read on the forum that it was a pretty simple install (only 3 bolts) but unless I missed something you also have to take out part of the trunk liner to access those bolts. It isn't difficult but it's a bit of a pain to get it back together.

It was worth the work though. They look fantastic with the BSM paint. I'm amazed how different the back of my car looks now. I love it.
Awesome man, I gotta get out there sometime. And yea Ive already read up on the DIY install. Seems pretty straight forward. My lights arrived while I was at work, but my wife wasn't home so theyre waiting for me at the local Fed-Ex store. Going to dash over there whenever I get a chance while at work tmrw.

I also have a BSM so I definitely am looking forward to how it looks! Now, to get a diffuser and CSL trunk....
Appreciate 0