BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Loving my 1M + little sound clips

The more I drive and live with my 1M the more I love it, and the biggest compliment I can make to this little big car is that I love driving it, slowly or fast, the same way. In most fast cars I can only take pleasure of driving when going really fast (my ex-M6 for example), which is not good because I also like my driving license very much. I even drive my other daily car wihich is much slower (MINI Cooper S 56) faster than the 1M, simply because I just want to get from A to B, in the 1M I can take pleasure from the most stupid things, and since it's raining all day long here in Portugal, from the ocasional drift when there's nobody around, which is always big fun.

The weight steering, the gearbox, the engine, the colour of the gauges when they light up at night, the simplicity of the interior, the fact that is small and feels so together, light and compact, the imediacy of the controls, the sound, the looks of it (I really like the Valencia Orange) makes it very special, I'm very happy to have this little animal and I hope that I can keep it forever.

Some little clips from my car sound, it's stock but I think it sounds pretty good, wouldn't say no to Akrapovic of course...

Don't know how to incorporate them in the forum, if someone can make it I would appreciate it.

Cold Start up :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrPQX-UgK0Y

Warmed up :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34EKVYCXKc
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Not even a N55 mid you have? Sounds pretty good for a completely stock car in the second video.

Nice write up as well
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
LOL...watching the first sound click reminds me of my garage with my samsung tv box in the exact same spot.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Not even a N55 mid you have? Sounds pretty good for a completely stock car in the second video.

Nice write up as well
Thanks, I bought it with 6000 klms as completely stock, so I believe it is does the N55 mid pipe make a lot of difference?

My friends say that my 1M is louder than normal but I guess they are just being nice

The only car I had that was as loud or even louder than this on the start up was the M6, cold start ups were crazy loud
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
LOL...watching the first sound click reminds me of my garage with my samsung tv box in the exact same spot.
lool the garage tends to be the storage place so I guess it's normal
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

You're in love.

But don't let the 1M idle too often too long with a closed garage door for intimate admiration purposes or she might make you faint with her fumes or give you a headache.
      01-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Mine is fully stock and I also get those nice burbles when revving a warmed up engine . . . my kids love it! Don't they all do that, or are OP and I just blessed?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Sometimes I get thoughts of selling mine .

Then I speak to people who know the car but dont own one and mention how special it is ..

1M Love.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
Sometimes I get thoughts of selling mine .

Then I speak to people who know the car but dont own one and mention how special it is ..

1M Love.
It really gets a lot of love this car, even before I had the car all my friends who like cars kept saying that if they own the lottery they would have one, it gets alot of good feedback anywhere I go, it's the BMW that gets the most and better atention nowadays, not really sure why it stands out from the other BMWs and Ms so much but everyone loves it
Appreciate 0