BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2008, 03:15 AM   #23
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Good news: I have finally learned never to even consider a BMW.
TROLL ALERT!!!!

Why are on this site?

And here is the big one why on 3/3 are you telling everyone in a post your 1er is on the boat.

Quote:
my car on boat now

automatic, comfort access

that is it
Thats odd, sounds like you have a 1er coming, yet you wouldn't consider another BMW.

Go away you Lexus fanboy and your DEAD STEERING so-called reliable cars.

Lexus/Toyota reliability just fell 5 spots on consumer reports ratings.

Toyota president just release a statement saying global growth has created quality problems.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...447/1148/rss25
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 05:47 AM   #24
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickone View Post
TROLL ALERT!!!!

Why are on this site?

And here is the big one why on 3/3 are you telling everyone in a post your 1er is on the boat.

Thats odd, sounds like you have a 1er coming, yet you wouldn't consider another BMW.

Toyota president just release a statement saying global growth has created quality problems.

Great detective work slickone :thumbup:

For those REALLY interested in the facts about BMW reliability and not being conned by a silly lexus fanboy troll (with only 13 posts here ), I have had 3 BMW's since 1999 and have not experienced even one days problem with anyone of them. The cars have never had anything more than a standard routine service/oil change and were always back out the same day. As my service centre is across the road from my office, I can not comment on the loaner question.
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #25
Chop79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
TROLL ALERT!!!!

Why are on this site?

LOL, nice work. Instant justice - BAN!!!
      03-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #26
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Not really

Quote:
Jeff, have you had problems with your Si Civic?
Every now and then it is tough to get into 3rd gear, especially if I am really hammering it and shifting as fast as possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 07:51 AM   #27
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

Thankyou slickone

Quote:
As far as Tex, telling you he would never buy another BMW. Don't listen to one mans whining horror story. Ask yourself why is he on here if he is never buying another BMW.

I have owned BMW's all my life, was given a 3-series at age 16 and have never looked back. I am know pushing age 40 and love my current 545i.

I made one mistake buying a 1995 Lexus LS400 brand new and it was a nightmare. Endless electrical problems and interior just fell apart. The Lexus guys are always saying their interiors are the best, that is far from the truth.

I have always gotten loaners when my Bimmer are in for service. If you ask me its one of best things about owning a BMW. You get to test all different models of BMWs. My last loaner was 535i. I have had X3's, Z4 coupe, multiple 3-series. Don't worry find a nice dealership in your area and enjoy one of best warranties in the business, PERIOD.
Please note I am NOT trying to bash BMW. I am just trying to find answers and ease the pain thinking of a purchase. I will now go to the KNAUZ BMW dealer 9 miles from me and ask all kinds of questions. They were rated very well in the Chicagoland.

As long as I get a loaner IF the 135i needs repair, and it doesn't happen often. Its obvious why I am here, BMW build cars I am very interested in. I am a DRIVER and love a car that handles great, has great acceleration, has awesome sport seats and great looks. I just can't find anything out there I really LOVE like the 135i. No Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, has what I am looking for.

Hopefully the computor age has helped improve BMW reliability. Consumer Reports thinks so. Especially with the 3 series.

Thankyou everybody, and don't think I am trying to bash BMW or trying to piss anybody off.

Good Day, Jeff D.:wink:
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Plien, I have a positive report: Since 1992 we have owned 11 Lexus. Not one (repeat not one) has had ever had a warranty issue. However, oil changes are required.

Negative: Since 1997, I have owned three new BMW's. Two of the three have been nightmares - only rivaled by poor service at the dealer.

Huh, interesting, your experiences are pretty much polar opposite of mine, goes to show.

Lexus service, at least in this area, is far and away the worst I have ever encountered, baring Honda. Taking a new IS350 to the dealer 13 times (Several for Recalls) within the first 20,000 miles makes you question how good Toyota reliability really is. Not to mention, this was in a car that handled terribly, sucked gas, and was far and away the most uncomfortable car I've ever been in, including race cars.

There are several Toyota vehicles consumer reports will no longer reccomend, due to poor reliability. The FJ Cruiser for example, is ranked as the 6th worst car built, recieving a score of 36 out of 100, tied with the Toyota Yaris.

Moral of the story: Your arugment holds no water. Anyone can experience anything. Also, quite frankly, I think you're completely full of it, based on your conflicting statements over which cars you have, and have not owned.

By comparison, my father has had 0 problems with his 535i, with 20,000 hard driven miles.

OP: I wouldn't worry. The internet always brings out the worst.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #29
b2nvs2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Just a thought: we all need to stop being so polarised with our opinions! Who cares if Tex thinks BMWs are shite - its just maybe driving isnt as important to him as all of us. We all need to calm the f*** down! PS BMWs do whoop pretty much every "normal manufacturer" car (Audis catching up though!)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #30
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
Please note I am NOT trying to bash BMW. I am just trying to find answers and ease the pain thinking of a purchase. I will now go to the KNAUZ BMW dealer 9 miles from me and ask all kinds of questions. They were rated very well in the Chicagoland.

As long as I get a loaner IF the 135i needs repair, and it doesn't happen often. Its obvious why I am here, BMW build cars I am very interested in. I am a DRIVER and love a car that handles great, has great acceleration, has awesome sport seats and great looks. I just can't find anything out there I really LOVE like the 135i. No Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, has what I am looking for.

Hopefully the computor age has helped improve BMW reliability. Consumer Reports thinks so. Especially with the 3 series.

Thankyou everybody, and don't think I am trying to bash BMW or trying to piss anybody off.

Jeff, I've put about 200,000 miles on 3 BMWs over the past 9 years and (except for someone backing into my Z4) have never had one in the shop for more than a day. The only time I've had one of them let me down was due to a sulfated, 4 year old battery in my Z3 in the Canadian Rockies. After push starting it, I was able to drive it to a garage who installed a used battery which got me to the dealership in Edmonton.

Although they aren't BMWs, my local dealer provides a suitable loaner (Enterprise compact to SUV - my choice) whenever the service will be more than a couple of hours.

Tom K.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #31
Stew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Another good thing is to talk to friends or people you know in real life who owned BMWs, like my previous post on this thread, I heard the opposite about BMWs and was told they were more reliable...from friends and friends of friends
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #32
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

Well then I will order a 135i in 10 months. Have to pay off mega Visa debt at $1400 a month. 60% payed off and counting.

I did hear about Toyota going down hill. And many IS350 owners complaining about rattles, harsh ride, etc.

As long as I get a loaner no problem, as long as I don't get a real LEMON.

I have a neighbor 4 houses down that has an X3 3years old and a Z4 M 1 year old, he has had no problems. I asked him yesterday if he had any leather issues and he said no. Everything has been fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #33
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post

No worries, you have a legitimate question. Tex was the problem.

Only way you will have problem getting the loaner, is if you take the car to the dealer without warning, even then you will probably get a loaner anyways. If you make an appointment and tell them you need a loaner, there will be no problem. I get loaners every time, it is a very easy process.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #34
1nd1ana
Rep
Drives:

[quote=slickone;80983]No worries, you have a legitimate question. Tex was the problem.

Speaking of Tex...Where did he go? I long for more of his wisdom. :w00t:
      03-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #35
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

After going from a new 06 Accord EX V6 NAV, then a new 06 Acura TL NAV, then a new 07 Acura TL-S. all with automatics, I got bored quick. Even though the 07 TL-S was a great car. Now I am driving a 2007 Civic Si sedan and have alot more fun. But even though its quite quick after 6,000 rpm's I crave more power. I have never driven a FWD car that handled this good. I can't imagine the 135i with its power, handling, and RWD. Beyond beliefs. I have never driven a BMW. The best handling car I owned was a 1983 Firebird WS6, which was slow and was in the shop quite a few times for many problems.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #36
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Jeff, I used to be a Honda/Acura guy (drove a second gen Integra for 6 years). I test drove a TL-S when comparison shopping against the 135i.

You're going to love the 135i. The TL-S felt like a boat compared to the 135i, and there's no comparison between the two powerplants. The power delivery of the N54 engine in the 135i just towers above that of the TL-S.

A lot of dealers got their demo cars this past weekend. I encourage you to go take a test drive of the 1.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #37
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

OH YAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by plien69 View Post
Jeff, I used to be a Honda/Acura guy (drove a second gen Integra for 6 years). I test drove a TL-S when comparison shopping against the 135i.

You're going to love the 135i. The TL-S felt like a boat compared to the 135i, and there's no comparison between the two powerplants. The power delivery of the N54 engine in the 135i just towers above that of the TL-S.

A lot of dealers got their demo cars this past weekend. I encourage you to go take a test drive of the 1.
Thats what I imagined:thumbup: If the BMW 135i was out last year I would be driving one. BUT I spent $25k on credit cards putting in a REAL home theater, tradding several cars, etc. I have payed off 60% in 10 months and next Jan 09 I will probably order a new 135i.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #38
Slow
as a mug...
Rep
Drives:

Well, I think Tex has a legitimate reason to believe what he says. European cars just aren't as reliable as Japanese cars. Japanese cars just aren't as fun as European cars. Depends on your priorities.

I know this is a BMW forum, but I do want to learn and be warned about what I am getting myself into. My first BMW is on order... and doing a lot of research.

You guys say not to listen to one man's whiny reliability stories but in turn whine about your previous Lexus. It's hard to believe who. Tex was a bit bashing BMWs from the get-go so I can understand why he would be banned.

Plain and simple. I just want to know the truth.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #39
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
Agreed. It's just hard to get the truth from internet forums (including this one).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #40
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

Exactly

Quote:
Well, I think Tex has a legitimate reason to believe what he says. European cars just aren't as reliable as Japanese cars. Japanese cars just aren't as fun as European cars. Depends on your priorities.

I know this is a BMW forum, but I do want to learn and be warned about what I am getting myself into. My first BMW is on order... and doing a lot of research.

You guys say not to listen to one man's whiny reliability stories but in turn whine about your previous Lexus. It's hard to believe who. Tex was a bit bashing BMWs from the get-go so I can understand why he would be banned.

This is what I am looking for, but I will check with the only BMW dealer by me to find out about courtesy cars IF the 135i needs to stay in the shop overnight or an extended stay. I went there this morning and saw several 328i courtesy cars. I guess if they always give you a courtesy car while under warranty it's not to bad if it needs more repairs then say an Acura. As long as problems don't occur every 3 months. The people who are new to BMW will just need to have "FAITH" in the brand, and hope they don't get one of the duds that is constantly in the shop. AND I have read several people who have had one of these LEMON's. If you end up getting a car that is in the shop SEVERAL times in the first 2-3 years, at least you can sell it before the warranty is up. AND save alot of extra cash if you keep the car after warranty is up.

Thats all I can say. NOTHING out there is comparable to the 135i. Its a bargain IMO. As long as you stay away from premium pkg and NAV which is $5,400. WAY TOO MUCH $$$ I don't need it anyways.Pray alot.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #41
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:

How about Tex writes in a post on 3/14/2008.

Quote:
But 11 days earlier he is posting this about his so-called 1-series on the boat, on 3/3/2008

Quote:
my car on boat now

automatic, comfort access

that is it
In simple terms he is a troll.

And I am glad you saw my point in ranting about my LS. Its one car owned by one man, many others can tell you other stories.

My advice is find friends or friends who know people that drive BMWs. Ask them if they have had problems. If you don't like what you hear then move on to another brand, its simple.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #42
kirkemon
Rep
Drives:

I think the quality is always improving. The first new Beemer (E36) I bought had a few problems as soon as the warranty expired. I had to replace the radiator due to a crack at the return going in to the radiator. This was a common problem that many owners experienced. In fact, Road & Track had a couple paragraphs about it. I also had to replace the ABS pump, ouch, it was about 2k. These problems happened with only 50k miles. But I just bought a new 535i (for the wife) and will probably get a 135i for myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 01:07 AM   #43
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

The thing is all luxury brand cars will need repairs after warranties are up. It is just a fact of life.

I personally think BMW's 4yr/warranty and 4yr/Free maintenance cannot be touched.

If you plan on owning the car past the 4 years, you can extend the warranties.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #44
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

I just wonder about the TT N54 engine. BIG bucks to have a problem with. OH well, at least it will be a blast until then.
Appreciate 0