BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #45
nerdhotrod
Rep
Drives: Mini's, 996tt, Cayman, URQ

178 is moving!

For reference:
184 - ZR1
171 - C6 Z06
171 - 997TT
165 - 996TT (K16s)
155 - Carrera S
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #46
redfred18t
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Damn.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #47
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Are they on pump gas or race gas? what octane?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #48
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Fwiw, the ASR car ran an off-the-shelf learning-enabled v4 map designed for stock turbos. And that means it unnecessarily tapered off boost at high rpm. They will soon be running a map that is more suitable for the mods. That means more peak boost and almost no boost taper. This was the first time v4 was run on a car with upgraded turbos. And being 3000miles away, I though conservatism was the best approach for now. So expect another 5-8mph out of it without resorting to anything crazy. And yes, it was running on street tires and in street trim.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #49
nerdhotrod
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post

Was this from the Miami Mile? If so, add about 4-5MPH to the ZR1 and that would give you a guestimate of my speed for this event.
Most of these results were from Texas.

Many of our cars didn't go back to Miami due to the timing concerns which from what I heard today have been addressed!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #50
nerdhotrod
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Fwiw, the ASR car ran an off-the-shelf learning-enabled v4 map designed for stock turbos. And that means it unnecessarily tapered off boost at high rpm. They will soon be running a map that is more suitable for the mods. That means more peak boost and almost no boost taper. This was the first time v4 was run on a car with upgraded turbos. And being 3000miles away, I though conservatism was the best approach for now. So expect another 5-8mph out of it without resorting to anything crazy. And yes, it was running on street tires and in street trim.

Shiv
After 175-180... every MPH is worth about 25 hps. Obviously thats a VERY broad statement, but we have found it to hold true to multiple cars.

5-8 mph is a HUGE jump.

Take some weight out of the car... 75-100 lbs goes along way over the course of the mile!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #51
jaza45
Banned
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 LSB E90 335I

Thats krazy fast
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #52
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
This was the first time v4 was run on a car with upgraded turbos.
second car
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #53
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
second car
lol.. i think they updated a few days before you got your turbos installed
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #54
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

haha oh ok
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #55
oddjob2021
ASR Turbos+LSD+Meth= :D
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
nice post shiv, i decided to not make a thread on this, ive found posting ASR information/news is nearly futile on this board, it always gets bashed or criticized, at least when i post it lol... im glad someone did though maybe it'll help coming from a tuner such as yourself.

2007 335i Coupe
Mods: Check the Garage
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #56
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Good to hear ASR is still tops. They just need to get some kits out the door already.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #57
AJ@ECSMotorsports
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Holy piss...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #58
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

Did they done some seriously weight reduction.. like backseats passenger seats carpet interior insulation ,lightweight battery.. How much the car weight compare to the stock.. this is an amazing approach. Bravo Procede and ASR TURBO
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #59
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I called Shiv to tell him the good news after my first couple of passes. The car was in full street trim with 18" HRE's/Nitto Invo street tires and a stock roll out diameter. We even had the traction control on during one of the runs by accident, and the car still ran a 175.6 mph. All the runs were started with easing of the clutch in first gear just as you would at a traffic light. Then once I got into second, I would have to pedal through second and short shift to third because of the street tires. The key to getting the best mph in this type of event is to gain as much vechicle speed as possible during the first 1/2 mile. I'm sure if we went out there again with a good set of road racing tires, we could pick up a few mph there as well. By the way the car was being run on meth/104octane.

As far as the timing equipment is concerned, they leased the same timing equipment from the same company that is used for the Texas Mile events. I know this because I spoke with the event coordinator named Ivan. This event was not the same event that was done at this airstrip a few months back using a radar gun that was off. These guys really did their homework and spent the money to do it the right way, just like Texas Mile.

Lastly, we also broke the record for the highest MPH GTR in the world for the standing mile @ 191mph. This car was in full street trim with stock wheels and tires. We installed the Greddy TT upgrades with one of our custom tunes. We were running at 22psi with 104 octane and not using launch control. The best part about this car is that it has a complete stock exhaust other than the DP's. The customer likes the car to be very quite, so he chose to stay with the stock exhaust since we reached the power goal of 700whp he was looking for.

The videos are being converted now and will be uploaded to youtube shortly thereafter. Although, I don't know if the moderators will allow us to post the videos. If that's the case I'll send them to Shiv.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #60
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I called Shiv to tell him the good news after my first couple of passes. The car was in full street trim with 18" HRE's/Nitto Invo street tires and a stock roll out diameter. We even had the traction control on during one of the runs by accident, and the car still ran a 175.6 mph. All the runs were started with easing of the clutch in first gear just as you would at a traffic light. Then once I got into second, I would have to pedal through second and short shift to third because of the street tires. The key to getting the best mph in this type of event is to gain as much vechicle speed as possible during the first 1/2 mile. I'm sure if we went out there again with a good set of road racing tires, we could pick up a few mph there as well. By the way the car was being run on meth/104octane.

As far as the timing equipment is concerned, they leased the same timing equipment from the same company that is used for the Texas Mile events. I know this because I spoke with the event coordinator named Ivan. This event was not the same event that was done at this airstrip a few months back using a radar gun that was off. These guys really did their homework and spent the money to do it the right way, just like Texas Mile.

Lastly, we also broke the record for the highest MPH GTR in the world for the standing mile @ 191mph. This car was in full street trim with stock wheels and tires. We installed the Greddy TT upgrades with one of our custom tunes. We were running at 22psi with 104 octane and not using launch control. The best part about this car is that it has a complete stock exhaust other than the DP's. The customer likes the car to be very quite, so he chose to stay with the stock exhaust since we reached the power goal of 700whp he was looking for.

The videos are being converted now and will be uploaded to youtube shortly thereafter. Although, I don't know if the moderators will allow us to post the videos. If that's the case I'll send them to Shiv.
man thats fantastic, well done.
      03-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #61
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltecBX View Post
How is this even possible with a 3.0 liter engine?
Not sure, go ask the MKIV crowd.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #62
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob2021 View Post
nice post shiv, i decided to not make a thread on this, ive found posting ASR information/news is nearly futile on this board, it always gets bashed or criticized, at least when i post it lol... im glad someone did though maybe it'll help coming from a tuner such as yourself.
results, pricing, and availability are what speak for themself.. hopefully it's in their best interest to push more of these out!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #63
nerdhotrod
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post

Congrats and good to hear about the timing equipment.

I had cars at the event that they were using a radar gun for timing.... We had high 170's time slips and 200+ gps data .
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #64
BlueLion
she likes the flavor......
United_States
Rep
Drives: A51-E92

Garage List
2022 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Just got another update. Looks like they did 8 runs with the car so far. And the runs are without 1mph of each other. The best being a 177.6mph It's that consistent and the tune is actually still quite conservative. With a more aggressive tune, 180s is easily possible. Looks like there was another 135 there with bolt-on mods and some other tune. It ran in the 140s.

Shiv

you wouldn't know if the other 135 was black running NOS/METH and other tune?

E92 Montego Blue silfa718 ..::STETT CAI|ADVAN RS|WAGNER FMIC|MS DP|VANGUARD|PROCEDE|FORGE DV|BMS OCC|KWV2|MICHELIN PSS|OOS::..

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #65
Ferre86
Captain
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/H2/SL350/Panamera 4/

please just one of the shop relase their turbo upgrade kit to public soon, other then i m thinking to get e9X m3 + SC on it.. before that i really would like to go with an turbo ugrade here.. taking ages..

| e93 M-DCT ESS VT2-625 | Akra Slip-on | Challenge Race Catless x-pipe | Challenge front lip | Challenge Diffuser | Carbon front grilles | defi gauges control unit | Macht Schnell gauge panel | E93 M3 trunk Spoiler | IND Carbon Fiber Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #66
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
you wouldn't know if the other 135 was black running NOS/METH and other tune?
Yup, it was black and it did have another tune that was not a JB3 or Procede can't remember the name. Don't know if he had meth/NOS, it's a possibility but I can't say for sure. The guys approached us asking about our car. He said his best was 154mph, but the best I saw was around 140mph. I could be wrong, we'll know soon enough though since the results will be up in a few days.

Last edited by asr engineering; 03-15-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0