BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

WTB: Dinan Fixed Camber Plates

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So I am stationed overseas and am trying to get my hands on a set of Dinan fixed camber plates for my 135i. I cannot order directly from Dinan since they do not ship to APO addresses and they only ship to billing addresses so using a forwarding agency is out of the question too.

Anyone know where else I can source a set from?

Your help is much appreciated!

12-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Anyone? Any and all help will be appreciated!
      01-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
IN 2010 I was stationed in Spain and ordered Dinan's camber plates. They wouldn't ship to my overseas address, but they did ship to my "APO Box" (the forwarding service) address with no problems. Maybe they changed their policy, but did you try completing the order using a forwarding agency address just in case?
      01-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #4
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

i just order a set im APO too but having my folks in the states forward it me, Ask a member if your willing to trust them
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
IN 2010 I was stationed in Spain and ordered Dinan's camber plates. They wouldn't ship to my overseas address, but they did ship to my "APO Box" (the forwarding service) address with no problems. Maybe they changed their policy, but did you try completing the order using a forwarding agency address just in case?
Yes I have an APO Box account as well since that is how I had my CCW wheels sent over. Unfortunately, it specifically says on Dinan's website that "Dinan does not ship to PO or APO Boxes". No way I am going to pay all the extra fees and taxes to support the Queen here which can be more than 20% of the item's declared value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
i just order a set im APO too but having my folks in the states forward it me, Ask a member if your willing to trust them
I did think about this option but my only choice is my father and I am not going to ask him to take a day off work to wait for a package since Dinan "requires signatures on all deliveries".

Once again, an aftermarket car parts company that makes it hard for you to spend money with them. How does this sort of business model survive?
      01-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #6
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Right, their website says that they won't ship to APO boxes, but I think that just means that they won't ship directly to your military APO address. If you ship to a company like APO Box, you're not technically shipping to an APO address, if that makes sense. You're shipping to a commercial address in the US with someone there who can sign for your package and then forward it to you. I'm pretty sure they would have no problem shipping to that address (except of course that it is not your billing address). Like I said, I shipped from Dinan to my APO Box address in NJ myself and it was no problem. Good luck.
      01-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Well I ordered them directly from Dinan tonight and have them shipping to APO Box. Hopefully I will receive a shipment email from Dinan soon. Here's to hoping.
      02-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #8
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

They finally arrived this week so it appears you can ship to something other than your billing address.
      02-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #9
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
They finally arrived this week so it appears you can ship to something other than your billing address.
Congrats!
Appreciate 0