BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Arrow Vishnu OFT

Hi All,

Just a thread to let you know I will be selling the Open Flash Tablet (OFT) in Australia for $440 inc GST and delivery via express post. At the current currency conversion rate (~$0.90), this makes it equivalent in price to buying from USA but cheaper when you add delivery, and you should get delivery much quicker.

The current status is that we have so far found 3 unique ROMs in Australia in normal (not 1M/iS) N54 cars. One of the ROMS is common to the USA and is already covered. In fact this has been the most frequent so far. We have some beta Stage 0/1 maps for the other 2 ROMs that are working great so far, and will be updated to the supported maps once out of beta. Prior to that I can send you a beta ROM.

I only have one in stock left at the moment from my initial order. I will be ordering more shortly.

Briefly, the OFT would be our preferred product offering now for stock to stage 3 cars (higher stage maps than 0/1 are in development). We recommend the OFT combined with a Procede for flex fuel applications, and also for meth injection applications. If you have any type of turbo mods we would normally recommend coupling the OFT with a Procede also (particularly if running non standard frame turbos like single turbo), as normally you will be running meth/flex fuel with turbo mods.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
skidz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1mers nuts :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
the OFT would be our preferred product offering now for stock to stage 3 cars
??? are you chaps not selling the proceed anymore ???
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
??? are you chaps not selling the proceed anymore ???
Yes, we sure do. As stated in my post above, we recommend the use of it for more advanced mods. But we can offer a cheaper price for entry level to stage 3 mods with the OFT than we can with the Procede. Also, the install is easier for our customers.

We see ideal scenario as stacking of the OFT and Procede together which is ideal for any mod level in our opinion.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #4
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Hey Adrian,

Is the 1M supported?

Ian
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
SLIPPERY
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 135i

Adrian recently sent me an OFT to try on my 1er and what a transformation!

Mid range is strong and comes on hard and the rears love to light up!

Very easy to install and beautiful to use with the touch screen tablet

Not one error code after or during installation...so no complaints here
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the review Slippery!!

Smiley, no support for 1M yet, but it will come. We are concentrating on ROMs that are most common at the current stage. The good thing about the Open part of this flash is that with enough interest, someone else may work it out before we do.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

I have been a bit quiet on here lately. Still doing N54 stuff, but not as much. I was recently going through my books and I have an excess of OFT stock that I would like to reduce. I got them at the old price, and can continue to sell them at the older price of $440 including delivery and GST. The current price in the USA is US$499, so that is a significant saving. To get one from the US at the moment would be around AU$600.

The OFT is a very simple solution that is particularly well suited to cars from standard to mildly modded. Very easy to use and reversible easily. Just plug in and plug out.

I only have 5 at this price, so let me know if you want one.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #8
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

I should also have mentioned that we now support all N54 ROM types for OTS maps as far as we know (including 1M). So the OFT would enable you to run a pre-packaged stage map, or if you want to you could get custom e-tuning done using the OFT as your transport mechanism to load the e-tune map into your car using a variety of e-tuners.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #9
SLIPPERY
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 135i

any support for meth yet adrian?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 01:25 AM   #10
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIPPERY View Post
any support for meth yet adrian?
We recommend the use of a Procede either standalone or in conjunction with the OFT when running meth. No flash that I am aware of has the capability to interface to a meth system to determine when meth is being used. Of course you can run a standalone meth system and not tell the tune, and it will to some extent compensate with the wide band control, but this is not what we recommend. We prefer methods that can incorporate fail safes to lower the boost/timing etc. when meth runs out unexpectedly in order to maximise engine safety.

So the tune does not specifically support Meth, but you can use meth with the tune either with or without external hardware such as a Procede to provide safety. I think this is the same as most Flash tunes.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 02:59 AM   #11
questionable
S50B32
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 318is

are there any generic tunes with the oft for vargas or rob beck turbos ?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #12
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by questionable View Post
are there any generic tunes with the oft for vargas or rob beck turbos ?
We have staged tunes and our higher stages would be suitable for turbo upgrades, but I would suggest that some level of customization is recommended to get the most with a turbo upgrade. Unfortunately not all wastegates will be the same, so it is better to tweak the tune to get good boost control. Of course you can also use tunes as recommended by the turbo supplier and then use the OFT to load them in.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Just one left at this price now.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #14
thezone135i
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Volvo S60 R-Design Polestar

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Can you please explain what this is laymans terms. I am knew to the 135i. Does this price incorporate a basic tune? Is this a cable/interface?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #15
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Lots of details here: http://procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/Openflash/index.html

Basically, it is a small device about the size of a fablet with a touch screen, and two connectors. The large connector connects via a cable to the OBD connector of your car. The USB connector enables connection to a PC. The device can be used to read and write binary images into your N54 DME. We have a library of base maps for different stages of modification, or you can also use other maps that may be developed by yourself or a tuner of your choice. Our free base maps are very good for 95% of people with up to a moderate level of mechanical mods. Custom tuning may be desirable for cars with major mechanical mods (turbo mods etc.). Maps are loaded onto the device via PC. Also the OFT firmware can be updated as new features are released. The device can then transfer those maps to the car DME via OBD2, and it is small enough to leave in the glovebox if you ever need to change maps on the run or perform datalogging or diagnostics.
Appreciate 0