BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #111
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

This is worse then the M3 vs 1M threads. You guys need to enjoy the cars you have and move on.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #112
duvinclunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_g View Post
Point #1 -- the 1M is a prestigious car solely on the fact that there is a limited number.
prestigious |preˈstijəs; -ˈstē-|
adjective
inspiring respect and admiration; having high status

There's nothing about you going to a dealer and forking over a wad of cash that inspires or demands respect or admiration from me. There's nothing like a $50k car that screams high status as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
This is worse then the M3 vs 1M threads. You guys need to enjoy the cars you have and move on.
Serious. The 1M is fantastic. The 135i has proven to be quite a car too. Too bad 1M owners can't get off their high horses and the 135i crowd admit their envies of some additions that the 1M has.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #113
szcyxzh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128I

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
So tires made up for 35horsepower, 69overboosted torque, LSD, etc? 1.3 seconds is huge in the racing world. At SoCal tracks here 1-2 seconds determines times between an M3 and and M3 that has spent 20k in upgrades.

I stand by my original statement that even with a tune, the modded 135i would be faster on a track due to superior aftermarket parts compared to stock 1M parts.
not want to thread jack, but do you have both F and R control arms or just F? Thanks Yang
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #114
rogbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina B12 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I agree 100%!

I have owned several BMW's over my 40 years of driving (OK - I'm 56), including:
2002 (several)
2002tii (several)
3.0 Cs (several)
3.0 CSl (yes the REAL CSL)
e36 M3 (several)
e39 5 series
6 series 635 5 speeds
-- and others, including
Porsche 928s
Lotus Esprit
Lotux Excel (euro model)
and others

I have enjoyed every car, and have NEVER got into the pissing contests ...such as "my dog's (car's) better than your dog (car) cause he eats Kennel Ration" stuff. (sorry, this is an old commercial for all you young folks)

You will always find faster cars, slower cars, later cars, earlier cars, etc. So lets just enjoy our cars. My 1M is my daily driver, and I enjoy it. I would encourage us all to do the same.

Always remember, when you point your index finger at some else, and take a close look at your hand, your pinky, ring finger, and flippin finger are usually pointed back at yourself!

Last edited by rogbmw; 12-05-2011 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #115
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
I agree 100%!

I have owned several BMW's over my 40 years of driving (OK - I'm 56), including:
2002 (several)
2002tii (several)
3.0 Cs (several)
3.0 CSl (yes the REAL CSL)
e36 M3 (several)
e39 5 series
6 series 635 5 speeds
-- and others, including
Porsche 928s
Lotus Esprit
Lotux Excel (euro model)
and others

I have enjoyed every car, and have NEVER got into the pissing contests ...such as "my dog's (car's) better than your dog (car) cause he eats Kennel Ration" stuff. (sorry, this is an old commercial for all you young folks)

You will always find faster cars, slower cars, later cars, earlier cars, etc. So lets just enjoy our cars. My 1M is my daily driver, and I enjoy it. I would encourage us all to do the same.

Always remember, when you point your index finger at some else, and take a close look at your hand, your pinky, ring finger, and flippin finger are usually pointed back at yourself!
I agree as well.

Just enjoy these great cars!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #116
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
So lets just enjoy our cars. My 1M is my daily driver, and I enjoy it. I would encourage us all to do the same.
Ditto from another older 1M owner. Having engaged in my share of pointless arguments over the years, one of the benefits of ebbing testosterone is the ability to not take myself (or others) too seriously.

It is just a car. One that ignites grins, granted, but just a car, nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #117
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP

Garage List
My Bugatti Veyron is faster than your modded 135 and your 1M. It is also more prestigious. Give it a rest, folks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #118
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
I agree as well.

Just enjoy these great cars!
Interesting bump on your 1+ old infomercial article.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #119
Jacko
Jacko 135
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2each 2012 335 Sport lines

Its just a good read and give you an idea what can be done if you couldn't get a 1M. It all come down to if you were able to purchase a M1 and if not mod away its your car and no one cares if you lose money if you resale your 135. I just think its entertaining reading all the opinions of people and seeing who are really being all about what they currently own and saying how their car is better than one that has to be moded to be faster than what they have. I know I just go out and buy cars because of what I read of someone tells me that it will be a collectors item. You have to buy several collector cars to make anything from them or even break even. Enjoy the cars you have and pray that you will be able to purchase fuel to be able to drive them. By the time the car will be worth something you and I will be dead or to old to enjoy anything. I guess you can do it for your children and once they get your prized vehicle they might take it for a drive and oh $#it! a drunk driver hits them head on or they go out to their driveway and the car is gone and being chopped up and sold for parts by some illegal people living in your country living off the government and driving brand new vehicles that they pay cash for while living off your tax dollars. LOL! Sorry if I offend anyone but think about it. My wife thinks I like to stir things up and I just don't get her sometimes. Why did she marry this guy she talks about stirring things up. OH its Obama's fault! over and out...
Appreciate 0