BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Car storage - Perth

Hoping for some advice from Perth people, although general advice about car storage from anyone is appreciated.

I’m in the middle of a real estate subdivision, which will shortly involve knocking down the existing garage in order to provide access to the new rear block.

I will be building a new car port on a different part of the block but while all the works are being done, there really isn’t a good place to keep my car. I only drive to work one day a week (sometimes only once a fortnight) so it would be in the way if it was left at my house.

So, I’m considering putting my car in storage for about 8 weeks. I’ve called a few storage providers already but it would be great if 1Addicts members could recommend companies they’ve used. I’d prefer the location to be south of the river so it’s easy to check the car regularly but will consider other locations if there is a compelling reason. Is there anything else I need to consider when putting the car in storage, e.g. disconnecting the battery, etc?

Another option I’ve been considering is to sell the car now, saving really hard and once the real estate project is complete and I’m living in the newly built house, buy an E90 M3. I’d be very sad to see my 125i go but a relatively inconspicuous sedan with manual transmission and a high rev’ing, NA V8 is very tempting.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Give storage king Bentley a call.
I haven't used them but the owner is a car enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 12:28 AM   #3
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Give storage king Bentley a call.
I haven't used them but the owner is a car enthusiast.
Thanks, Nugget.

I have spoken with the Bibra Lake Storage King and their prices are reasonable so I'll try the Bentley one.
Appreciate 0