Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f80 Comp, MPE, stage 1

Biggest power uk 1M?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Ill post the graph when i get home.
I collected the 1M from my tuner yesterday-he's had it a few weeks making sure the map was perfect.
I didnt realise how much i had missed driving it.

What a transformation now its all done.

Using a Dyno Dynamics rolling road the final figures are

454/530 bhp/lbft

mods include

SPEC R intercooler and HARDPIPE kit, (454bhp 23 degrees intake temps with 12 degrees ambient )
3" custom de cat down pipes ceramic coated,
N54 mid pipes.(standard rear exhaust to retain lbft and keep noise levels down.)
Ray west tuning custom map.

Ray West also adjusted the wheel allignment which has always felt twitchy in standard from and now has much more traction and poise.

I cannot recommend Ray highly enough.
Coming from a touring car racing background his level of knowledge and experience was clearly evident with various race cars dotted around his work shop.
From Ferrari challenge cars to a genuine original BMW CSL BATMOBILE race car-along with classic E types and a 1973 porsche gt rs not to mention a 720bhp 997 gt2 road car

I dropped the car off to Ray with the car running the standard map and the other mods already fitted.
Obviously with the car not mapped to run the mods it felt a bit rough and fiesty under full throttle.

Also the geometry allowed the rear end to brake traction very easily but now with Ray's experience and attention to detail he's managed to Map the car so it has a smoother power delivery than ever before and with the rear running more toe in and less camber she simply grips and goes.

Pics to follow but for now just wanted to share my news and see what people think of the figures...

cheers Jamie

Last edited by octainejunkee; 03-15-2013 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
rtg0616
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Hi Jamie, can you give us an idea of the costs involved? I'm in the market for a few mods and it's a bit of a toss up between DMS, Evolve and these people.

Cheers

Roy.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Wow >450BHP! i told you so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
>450 flywheel BHP
680/700Nm

Cheers
Robin
Without changing the turbos I assume? Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtg0616 View Post
Hi Jamie, can you give us an idea of the costs involved?
Better give us a burnout and some powerslides

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

There is a vid of me doing that very thing last night funnily enough lol.
Il ask my pal to put it up.

I'll get back to you regarding costs for SPEC R Intercooler and hardpipe kits, as i'm not sure what they'l retail at now the development work has been done.. (im thinking £1K)

I cant recommend Spec R,or Ray West tuning high enough,- both great guys and both with great facilities-Pete's located on Thruxton race track just down the M3 and is well worth the trip..

http://www.west-tuning.com/index.php

Turbo's and bigger injectors are the next move but i'm happy with the car for now so it's going to be a while before the novelty wears off.

cheers Jamie

Last edited by octainejunkee; 03-15-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Jamie, that sounds excellent. I achieved 431bhp and 485 lb.ft on a Dyno Dynamics, but then my car only has a Forge intercooler and the N55 midpipes, so I've not got the extra bits you've had added.

However I'm very interested in the geo tweaks. I'm well aware of Ray's name as he was tuning other cars that I've previously owned, but I never got around to meeting him. Do you know the rough cost of the geo work you had done?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #6
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I've cleared some messages Ian. Feel free to try again
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

As i pm'd Chris earlier in the week- anyone on the forum who has a 1M and is considering adding any of the mods ive done to their car,
is welcome to a passenger ride or possibly a test drive (if the weather is fitting) in mine first.
Ive got a sports car dealership just outside Gatwick so am always happy to talk to fellow enthusiasts about fast cars and tuning.
Be good to meet a few more owners if any of you are ever in the area.
cheers Jamie
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
jamier27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Hi,

Just seen your post on babybmw about a challenge with a new m6!

Very impressed with your cars results, am keen to get more power from my135i.

Question is would it make same power as your 1m if I add mid pipes and inter cooler? Or is there differences elsewhere between a 1m n54 and a 135i n54?

Thanks
J
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamier27 View Post
Hi,

Just seen your post on babybmw about a challenge with a new m6!

Very impressed with your cars results, am keen to get more power from my135i.

Question is would it make same power as your 1m if I add mid pipes and inter cooler? Or is there differences elsewhere between a 1m n54 and a 135i n54?

Thanks
J
Hi J,
I think there are a few differences between our cars,
The main two mods on mine are the Spec R intercooler and de cat down pipes, -both of these mods should be suitable for your car-followed by a live re map.
Id recommend contacting Ray west to see what he recommends as he is better qualified to advise you, I know he's done alot with the 135i platform already,,,
http://www.west-tuning.com/

cheers Jamie
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #10
jamier27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Thanks for the info, I'd better start secretly stashing some money away
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

I'd previously mentioned to Chris that perhaps we could get together for a rolling road day at someone independent as it's very hard to confidently compare figures taken on different days on different rolling roads - Jamie, would this be of interest?

Cheers, Clive
      04-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

That would be very interesting! I'll spectate Hope you are well Clive, been a long time since we've seen you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
I'd previously mentioned to Chris that perhaps we could get together for a rolling road day at someone independent as it's very hard to confidently compare figures taken on different days on different rolling roads - Jamie, would this be of interest?

Cheers, Clive
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
mfcsw
Rep
Drives: bmw1m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by octainejunkee View Post
Ill post the graph when i get home.
I collected the 1M from my tuner yesterday-he's had it a few weeks making sure the map was perfect.
I didnt realise how much i had missed driving it.

What a transformation now its all done.

Using a Dyno Dynamics rolling road the final figures are

454/530 bhp/lbft

mods include

SPEC R intercooler and HARDPIPE kit, (454bhp 23 degrees intake temps with 12 degrees ambient )
3" custom de cat down pipes ceramic coated,
N54 mid pipes.(standard rear exhaust to retain lbft and keep noise levels down.)
Ray west tuning custom map.

Ray West also adjusted the wheel allignment which has always felt twitchy in standard from and now has much more traction and poise.

I cannot recommend Ray highly enough.
Coming from a touring car racing background his level of knowledge and experience was clearly evident with various race cars dotted around his work shop.
From Ferrari challenge cars to a genuine original BMW CSL BATMOBILE race car-along with classic E types and a 1973 porsche gt rs not to mention a 720bhp 997 gt2 road car

I dropped the car off to Ray with the car running the standard map and the other mods already fitted.
Obviously with the car not mapped to run the mods it felt a bit rough and fiesty under full throttle.

Also the geometry allowed the rear end to brake traction very easily but now with Ray's experience and attention to detail he's managed to Map the car so it has a smoother power delivery than ever before and with the rear running more toe in and less camber she simply grips and goes.

Pics to follow but for now just wanted to share my news and see what people think of the figures...

cheers Jamie
Hi
Very interested in the geometry changes you have made as I find getting the power down perfectly every time a little tricky , if you get it right its like a rocket but if you go to hard you can get a bit of wheel spin and it just doesn't feel as quick ( running forge IC and dms tune ) very happy with performance looking at exhaust for my next project
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm having the same geometry changes by Ray West on the 3rd May so will report back

With the PSS tyres traction is very good now, but a bit more grip would be welcome
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #15
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan9 View Post
That would be very interesting! I'll spectate Hope you are well Clive, been a long time since we've seen you!
Im happy with that
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Now on the front cover of Performance BMW Magazine..

cheers jamie
      06-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2,Cayenne

How was your road trip pal? Looking nice btw
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #18
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Now on the front cover of Performance BMW Magazine..
Hi, what's the reason for P Zero Rosso tires?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2,Cayenne

Have a look for the mag
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
octainejunkee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Hi, what's the reason for P Zero Rosso tires?
I ordered michelin pss for the front and back however they didnt show up in time for the shoot and i didnt fancy running 295 rears and standard size fronts. They had the P zero's on the shelf so i snapped them up.
Im running stock sizes on my standard wheels for now as the 295's were a little squirmy if im honest.
The 295 rears do look mean and helped get the power down off the line so were worth trying- i'll go 285 next time i think...

cheers Jamie
      06-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #21
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
I ordered michelin pss for the front and back however they didnt show up in time for the shoot and i didnt fancy running 295 rears and standard size fronts. They had the P zero's on the shelf so i snapped them up.
Im running stock sizes on my standard wheels for now as the 295's were a little squirmy if im honest.
The 295 rears do look mean and helped get the power down off the line so were worth trying- i'll go 285 next time i think...

cheers Jamie
Got it, thanks for the reply. Car looks good
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0