BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-08-2023, 01:41 PM   #1
dcharloff
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i 6MT

LOUD ticking noise coming from N55

Hi, sorry if im starting a completely new thread, I have been looking all over the forums for an answer to this question/noise with no luck at all.

CAR: 2011 BMW 135i 6mt
MILEAGE: 167k
MODS: DP, CP, BMS Intake, MHD Stage 2

ISSUE: Loud ticking/tapping noise coming from engine, specifically near cylinder 5 and 6. (no it is not being confused with the faster ticking of injectors.

the noise came after I installed two new EU5 injectors and coded them with my ancel coding tool. I triple checked my work and still the noise persists.

I Put two brand new Delphi GN10571 coilpacks and two brand new OEM BOSCH plugs in cylinder 5 and cylinder 6. (the gapping is to spec)

I will attach a link to a video or insert it in this thread for you all to listen, the video is taken with the hood down but it is definitely coming from the area of cylinder 5 and 6.

Thank you all.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lrlXIB5LQK0
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 06:38 AM   #2
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Hello and welcome to the forum. You're posting in the 1M section, where everyone's car and experience will be with the N54 engine, which has different injectors and valvetrain than the N55 in your car. You might have more luck posting in the broader turbo engine section: https://www.1addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229

If the issue arose after installing new injectors, it most likely has something to do with the injectors... just sayin'
Appreciate 0