BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
I'll echo Bmwbreed: you want what you want, and that's good enough. Go for it. I work on MINIs and BMWs all day, every day. I have owned and lived with several MINIs, as well as a Boxster, Z3 (M Coupe), and BMWs. My prediction is that you'll be really happy with the roadster at first, but that you find, in the long term, that it's a bit chintzy and lacking in the massive soul that the early BMW MINIs had. If you're still flexible, consider a really good 2006 Supercharged MINI R53. They're just better drivers' cars. If you want more info, email me at Helix and I'll give you the lowdown.

Oh, and I do miss that Boxster...
+1,000,000

Eric did excellent work on my r53 way back in the day, even lent me his r56 when I was in a pinch. Anyone with a mini or BMW would be wise to use helix!

And he's right about how the new minis feel compared to the r53.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Mini is a serious downgrade.
You've obviously never driven a proper r53 on a track in anger .

But I can't entirely dispute the claim; I moved on.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0