BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
turbosl2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1 series

Reset from pad and rear pad indicator now red maintenance light

My car had a countdown to change the front pads and I checked them and they are still 60% life left, however the rear pads are almost gone. I never got a round yellow warning light yet on either so I decided to reset the countdown and after doing so my service info says _ _ _ _ _ _ for miles on both front and rear pads interval. Also after doing this now my dash shows the lift with car on it in red and the light that says BRAKE is red.
Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
turbosl2
Private First Class
Rep

any ideas?

Thanks Guys
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

I guess that the rear pad sensor on the right side pads need to be replaced.

However I'm not sure if its possible to reset this from the dash. Even after replacing the rear brake pads and the brake pad sensor, it may require a tech with a diagnostic tool to reset the brake mileage.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
turbosl2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
I guess that the rear pad sensor on the right side pads need to be replaced.

However I'm not sure if its possible to reset this from the dash. Even after replacing the rear brake pads and the brake pad sensor, it may require a tech with a diagnostic tool to reset the brake mileage.
Wow I hope not that would be a PITA
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #5
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I run exactly into the same issue.
From readings on similar posts I came to the conclusion that if you reset the warning on the dash and the wear indicators have not been replaced (that is, at least one of them is providing positive signal for pad replacement to the obc), you have this permanent red warning and the only way to fix it is to replace the wear sensors.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #6
turbosl2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalisa_ferri View Post
I run exactly into the same issue.
From readings on similar posts I came to the conclusion that if you reset the warning on the dash and the wear indicators have not been replaced (that is, at least one of them is providing positive signal for pad replacement to the obc), you have this permanent red warning and the only way to fix it is to replace the wear sensors.
Yes i found that out. All new pads and sensors and i was able to reset it with INPA
Appreciate 0