E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Modifications Complete

03-23-2006, 06:56 AM   #45
lcharles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk001
Hey lcharles, how much is the AC Schnitzer front bumper, unfitted, unsprayed? Did you get a quote from JSN motors on much it would cost?

Someone reversed onto my bumper and their insurance is willing to settle R14 000 into my bank account based on Alberante Autospray’s assessment (Insurance Qoute).

I have another cash quote to repair it from Club Motors for R6000. I’m thinking; why not just get a front bumper and a spoiler like Broken1’s? Maybe, I’ll do a tint too.

TD

The price I got was R4,5k in it's raw form however, with all the other variations a bumper has like PDC / washer etc, I don't know what this bumper covers. On the other hand, if you like Reiger, Autoworx import it but that is about a grand more. Autoworx also told me that it is best that you get a BMW approved panelbeater to do the work otherwise you loose your paint warranty....
(PDC all-round, Bi-Xenon, Rain sensor, Headlamp washer system, Floor Mats, Elec Seat with Mem, Cd changer)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 07:00 AM   #46
lcharles
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1
I have many times. The problem is, with a diesel the turbo can blow. Turbo's work very hard up here in JHB because of the lower atmospheric pressure. Chipping the car makes the turbo work even harder...increasing the possibility of turbo failures or problems. If it's not motorplan approved, it could end up costing me more than it's worth.

AC Schnitzer offers a chip upgrade for R17 000 but whether or not it's worth it...I'm still trying to decide!

Holy moly, R17 grand..... that is wwwaaaaaaayyyyy too steep. The chip I was looking at was only R3,5k

P.s. Maybe we should take this offline but what is your opinion on petrolheads
(PDC all-round, Bi-Xenon, Rain sensor, Headlamp washer system, Floor Mats, Elec Seat with Mem, Cd changer)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #47
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcharles
Holy moly, R17 grand..... that is wwwaaaaaaayyyyy too steep. The chip I was looking at was only R3,5k

P.s. Maybe we should take this offline but what is your opinion on petrolheads
Petrolheads the internet forum?

If you want to contact me offline, you can email me on broken1@e90post.com

It's really great to see so many enthusiastic South African members here. We must really get together for a meet sometime! :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 04:52 AM   #48
dlk001
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Petrolheads looks like a great site. I saw couple of Broken1's posts in there.

icharles, when are you planning to do the front bumper? I love the Autoworx bumper and the rear looks kewl too. Who did you speak to regarding the AC Schnitzer bumper. I called some dude at JSN motors and he told me bollocks that they only sell the whole kit!!!

TD
2009, E92 335i
2005, E90 325i
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 05:41 AM   #49
FlyingFinn
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Yup, they are continental SportContact 2. BMW approved runflats that came with the car...
How do you like the tires? I have the same tires for summer but since it is still ice and snow in here I have not had a chance to try them. I have heard that hydroplaning (is this the correct term?) properties are not the best possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 06:11 AM   #50
lcharles
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk001
Petrolheads looks like a great site. I saw couple of Broken1's posts in there.

icharles, when are you planning to do the front bumper? I love the Autoworx bumper and the rear looks kewl too. Who did you speak to regarding the AC Schnitzer bumper. I called some dude at JSN motors and he told me bollocks that they only sell the whole kit!!!

TD
I would like to do it not too long after getting my car because in my experience, if you don't do it right away, you very seldom have the tenacity like broken1 to do mod's along the line.

I have a query in with JSN too. Waiting for a response.

Not too sure I like the Schnitzer one as the lip at the bottom sticks out and given our curbs, it wouldn't last long. Nonetheless, my infos, I got from www.sportech.co.za (On the site they don't show any BMW parts but bang them an email and they will respond with all the parts and their price and their fitment costs etc).
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 09:07 AM   #51
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
How do you like the tires? I have the same tires for summer but since it is still ice and snow in here I have not had a chance to try them. I have heard that hydroplaning (is this the correct term?) properties are not the best possible.
The tires are quite good :-)
I find them very grippy in the dry, and not too bad at all in the wet.
I've hit water puddles at a higher speed than I should have, and the car was fine. I wouldn't recommend racing in the wet with the tires, but they do the job just fine!

As with all tires, grip in the dry gets sacrificed for grip in the wet and visa versa. I think the conti's have more than adequate grip in the dry - and perform reasonably in the wet. I drive very carefully in the wet anyways, after many scary hours on a skidpan...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #52
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
The tires are quite good :-)
I find them very grippy in the dry, and not too bad at all in the wet.
I've hit water puddles at a higher speed than I should have, and the car was fine. I wouldn't recommend racing in the wet with the tires, but they do the job just fine!

As with all tires, grip in the dry gets sacrificed for grip in the wet and visa versa. I think the conti's have more than adequate grip in the dry - and perform reasonably in the wet. I drive very carefully in the wet anyways, after many scary hours on a skidpan...
Hi Broken1, what is this HiFi loudspeaker system I see in your sig?

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0