BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
I have been working abroad here in Nigeria going on three months now. I've been working away from home for years now but never for this long, it's been a bad year. One of the things I miss the most is driving, imagine getting a base model 328 as a loaner for three months, then you may be able to feel my pain, except worse. I dream of the day when I feel squealing tires once more, sad I know. Someone tell me a story, let me know what I'm missing out on.

Sincerely, B. Landers, Bored in the Gulf of Guinea

Last edited by brocklanders; 11-12-2016 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Hang in there, brother...
      11-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fabulous View Post
Hang in there, brother...
I am, I am. But in reality I have bigger problems, google "papa bug" or "acid bug" the fight is real even miles offshore. Also I'm wondering if I'm going to be coming home to a policed state, looks like there is some crazy shit going on back home.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
KNS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i and Porsche

I understand. I've been training with my new employer in Oklahoma City and spent six week in a sh!t box rental. Some people love the act of driving, especially a great handling car (with a manual trans...). I missed driving my car!

Oklahoma City is painfully flat. I did, however, take a trip down to the Talimena scenic drive in southeast OK and had a blast. The little Ford Fiesta surprised me and was a big step up compared to crappy little rentals of 10-20 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #5
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Godspeed, man. How long until you go home?

It won't probably make you feel any better, but I have not driven a motor vehicle for about two months now and I!ve still got one month to go. The pain is real, yeah.
      11-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
snub-nose 28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SGM 128i Cp 6MT ZSP/ZPP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
I have been working abroad here in Nigeria going on three months now. I've been working away from home for years now but never for this long, it's been a bad year. One of the things I miss the most is driving, imagine getting a base model 328 as a loaner for three months, then you may be able to feel my pain, except worse. I dream of the day when I feel squealing tires once more, sad I know. Someone tell me a story, let me know what I'm missing out on.

Sincerely, B. Landers, Bored in the Gulf of Guinea
Story enter here: Maybe we're in the same biz. NG refinery build keeps me in an F150, while the 1er awaits. So leaving ND after a completion/hand-over to client, I left the wheelbarrow in self-storage. Drove the mistress down to Colorado, near Golden taking the Clear Creek Canyon at speed. Not hooligan, just as it was intended. Warning...heavy traffic if weekend.

I had finished the complete suspension upgrade that week. Needed a road test.

Estes Park / Rockies Mountains NP was the destination. Next morning, up before dawn on a six mi hike to summit, out-and-back. Then drove the alternate canyon road eastbound -completing a loop-with forays into other promising side canyons! to Ft. Collins by sunset.

The REAL reason our 1-series was invented...

Put on your bucket list; most assuredly take Poudre' River Canyon while you're there too. Up to Rockies summit...in my case then Wyoming, Utah to Oregon across the Cascades.

G Images will make you feel better I hope!
m3 under|eibach 28mm f-sway|oem 12mm r-sway|3.46...135i 'auto' diff-yes!|avant garde m621 19x8.5 square|mich pss4s|koni fsd|h&r sport|ecs e46 m3 trans mts|fogs delete|tower pin mod -2.20|hpa 1m m3 strut bar|3m tint|afe stg2 cai|akg m3 rsfb|ecs trailing arms|dinan r-stops|bmwp ssk|135i brembo+stoptech slot|braided lines|supersprint rez delete|disa 3s intk|bespoke strg wheel|mudflap4x|milvs+bpc remap|alcantara trim|armrest & r hdrest delete|solid rubber mounts
Appreciate 0