BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
MJA
Rep
Drives:

Placed an order for a 135i...under invoice

Just placed an order for a 135i Coupe...
6mt, LeMans Blue, Gray boston, glacier silver trim, M Sport, Premium, heated seats

I haven't gotten a production # yet, but hopefully by early next week if the dealer can grab an allocation from another car.

I think I've been a member of this forum since it's inception (and the announcement of the 1 for the US), and after several years I'm finally getting one! After my 2005 STI came off lease I was heavily swayed by 0% financing on the new body style STI, and wound up getting a 2008 for a good price rather than the 1 series. I am now officially done with the STI, and wound up back here. The allure of a 2 door sports coupe (and German) was too much to fight off for a 2nd time, and I'm very happy to make the 135i my next car.

A couple of local dealers eventually came down to about $200 over invoice (which seems to be about as low as most will go), which would have been Ok, but after almost buying the car I realized that a friend that I hadn't spoken to in a while was a ca at another dealer. He was able to give me a pretty solid deal under invoice (just proving that there is always room to haggle down lower). Perfect.

Anyway, can't wait for the car to get here, and I'm sure I'll be back here to update the production status, etc. After delivery I'm planning on doing the golf tee mod as soon as the car is in my garage, and maybe a cp-e exhaust later on. Hopefully by the time I take delivery Cobb will have released something for the N55, because I already have an accessport just waiting for some BMW maps to be loaded on to it. It would essentially be free power, and you just can't beat that.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
Flipwit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Welcome back

I walked out with a production # on September 17th , car went 150 on Monday. Hopefully you won't have the delay I had for a very similar car! I went nav/prem/msport 6mt in LMB, the LMB is just too rare and exceptional to pass up!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
DanoG80Cx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3Cx  [10.00]
Congrats! Did you have to pay a MACO or training fee?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
MJA
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano135i View Post
Congrats! Did you have to pay a MACO or training fee?

Not that I'm aware of - maybe you can tell me as I'm not familiar with either. The invoice amount quoted by the dealer matches what Edmunds shows when I add in all of my options.

From the dealer paperwork:
MSRP total as equipped: $44,125
Selling price: $40,710

From edmunds:
Invoice price: $41,210
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
propkaPT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M, 1987 325is, 2020 V60

good for you man thats a solid deal. I was able to get 200 under invoice on mine
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
MJA
Rep
Drives:

In production as of 11/7 (according to BMW USA), with an estimated completion date of 11/15. So hopefully on a ship within a week from that point? Maybe another 2-3 weeks shipping to NY.

Can' wait...
      11-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
byebyemyti
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318ti, 128 convertible

my car has finished production over a week ago but has yet to get shipped...so looking at december delivery as per dealer. in nyc as well and he said 4 weeks after it ships.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
MJA
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyemyti View Post
my car has finished production over a week ago but has yet to get shipped...so looking at december delivery as per dealer. in nyc as well and he said 4 weeks after it ships.
Is this per the website/phone #, or your client adviser? I've read that the website/# are often late in reporting that the car is on a boat and in transit.

Otherwise hopefully that means that there's a boat coming soon, and maybe mine can hop on rather than sit at a port for 2 weeks. I've confirmed that production was finished yesterday, so maybe there's a shot. I've got no idea what the boat schedules are like.
      11-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #9
byebyemyti
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318ti, 128 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJA View Post
Is this per the website/phone #, or your client adviser? I've read that the website/# are often late in reporting that the car is on a boat and in transit.

Otherwise hopefully that means that there's a boat coming soon, and maybe mine can hop on rather than sit at a port for 2 weeks. I've confirmed that production was finished yesterday, so maybe there's a shot. I've got no idea what the boat schedules are like.
Both actually. I had asked the CA and he gave me the VIN and above estimate of 4 weeks after it ships. Then as soon as I saw that the car was on the way, I went to this site on this site:
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

clicked "track and trace" in the pull down. then entered the vin where it says "cargo ID." And voila, my car is on a ship on its way!
Appreciate 0