BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Smile Pulled off a Hail Mary!

After all but writing off the 1m, I with the help and encouragement of my awesome wife picked up a loaded BSM 1m on Friday. What a rollercoaster of a week for me. More on that later though. I will start at the beginning first.

I believe sometime around Feb or March I called around to all the Ohio dealerships found one where I was #1 on the list. Put down a refundable deposit and put my order in for a Alpine White stripper. After a lot of bullcrap (lies) and slap in the face on my trade I told him to stick it. Plus with them being such a small dealership I was skeptical about them even getting a allocation. There was alot of rumors back then that only dealerships who sold lots of M's and 1 series would be getting them. So I started to call around and the best I could do was #3 on the list so I told them to forget it.

I continued to lurk around the forum for the next several months admiring everyones new cars and reading all the great automotive reviews. I couldn't hide the envy any longer.

Fast forward to October and while perusing a local BMW lot we ran across a Valencia Orange 1m and the wife just loved it. I had a very large chubb for it as well. Now I was willing to go about anywhere for this car. I started seriously looking on Autotrader and Cars.com and tried contacting the dealerships that looked like they had cars. Apparently the cars go directly onto autotrader even if they were sold units. Plus I think the dealerships want you to call so they can sell you something else. After striking out things weren't looking good so I gave up for the second time.

Even though I had given up, I continued to visit the forum on a almost daily basis. Then I read a thread started by Doobs about a 1 series M coupe available and Beemer22's post about 4 cars being available .I starting getting my hopes up again. After talking to my wife we both hit every lead hard starting Nov 9th. Flooding dealers with emails and telephone calls. Rejection after rejection finally some light at the end of tunnel or so I thought. Monday morning I recieved a email and voicemail from BMW of Florence telling me they have a 1m available. I was so excited I called them back as soon as I could only to be told it was no longer available. For some reason the next couple of day they continue to call and email and tell me it is available. Shady At this point I take this as a sign that it just wasn't meant to be I had given up for the third time.

Tuesday afternoon comes and I finally get around to opening my email and I have this message sitting in the box "Are you still in the market for the 1m? price $54,635" I looked at the time when the email was sent and it said 8:27 am it was now around 3:00pm. I was thinking to myself it is going to be to late but I will still give it a shot. I fired back a email and instantly I get a response and it is mine if I want it. Woo hoo! Only 1 problem I need to find out about my trade and his dealership in Pennslyvania and I am in Ohio. Thankfully we come to a agreement and now the only problem is getting the trade 500 miles without any incidents.

The wife and I set out on Thursday. What a tense trip with about anything you can imagine flying around trying to damage the trade in, and the dead deer carcasses reminding me of the dangers of traveling at dusk .

To make a long story short we made it and picked the car up yesterday. It was all that I dreamed about and more. Such a amazing car! I am glad to be back in a M car once again. I will post more on that later as well as some pics!
      11-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
spoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1///m

Congrats on your persistance. Great story and great ending. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
tmppgh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Congrats, luckily you didn't give up!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Here is some Pics

Pics from the dealership and at Hotel Hershey
Attached Images

11-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Hulluva story. Glad that everything worked out in the end.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Congratulations pal. Glad you got your hands on one after so much hassle! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
congrats man glad you got one! looks just like my BSM...minus the dealer name sticker lol
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquedemon View Post
congrats man glad you got one! looks just like my BSM...minus the dealer name sticker lol
Congrats! But man--that dealer decal ... Ugh.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
great story
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys! Don't worry the first thing I plan on doing tomorow is getting the wife's hairdryer and removing the sticker. There is also two Pennsylvania inspection stickers in the front window and BMW efficient dynamics that has to go as well.
      11-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #11
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Great story. Congrats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #12
SNOOPY11
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Welcome to the family!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #13
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Seriously happy for you. Congratulations!
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #14
Tom303
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Congrats

What a great wife you have to ride with you on this 1M roller coaster ride with you!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #15
bayer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Great story to go with a great car. Congrats! Enjoy it!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #16
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Great story! Welcome to the group. Where are you in Ohio? I went to Dave Walters BMW in Akron for my first service (I had to visit my parents in Kent) and I cant say enough good things about that dealer! Get in good with a local dealer wherever you're at.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #17
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys! I was wondering while I was writing if anyone could make it through the whole thing. A little long winded. lol I was thinking about maybe making a post with some cribb notes.
      11-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #18
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
Great story! Welcome to the group. Where are you in Ohio? I went to Dave Walters BMW in Akron for my first service (I had to visit my parents in Kent) and I cant say enough good things about that dealer! Get in good with a local dealer wherever you're at.
I actually drove through Akron for the first time on my way to pick up the car. I did deal with Dave Walters BMW just about a week ago and I believe that the saleperson came on this website about their available 1m. They wanted a non negiotable 10k on top of msrp.

I live just about 30 minutes west of Columbus. They have two dealerships in town Kelly and Midwestern Auto Group. I like the salespeople at Kelly but they are on the east of town. Never been there for sevice though. Midwestern I have dealt with before for service and they have been good to me.
      11-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #19
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom303 View Post
Congrats

What a great wife you have to ride with you on this 1M roller coaster ride with you!
She is a great wife and understands my little auto obsession. She will even get hers hands dirty and help me detail the cars. Couldn't ask for more.

Funny side note it was my wife's email to dealership that started it all. I told her not to waste her time on dealerships at the bottom of the page of Autotrader that doesn't put descriptions of cars. As I figured those were definately sold units just automatically put up when delivered. But instead of listening to me (thank God) she emailed every single dealership even the ones that were asking over MSRP.

For her troubles I thought since we were in the area we would head to Hershey, Pa and then spend a night at Oglebay Resort in WV. Plus she gets to be chauffered around in a BMW!
      11-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Nice, congrats!! I bought my 135 from Kelly, I asked them about a 1M a long time ago but no go, they are a great dealership for the record. Anyway...enjoy the new ride, it's a beauty!
      11-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #21
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixspeed J View Post
I actually drove through Akron for the first time on my way to pick up the car. I did deal with Dave Walters BMW just about a week ago and I believe that the saleperson came on this website about their available 1m. They wanted a non negiotable 10k on top of msrp.

I live just about 30 minutes west of Columbus. They have two dealerships in town Kelly and Midwestern Auto Group. I like the salespeople at Kelly but they are on the east of town. Never been there for sevice though. Midwestern I have dealt with before for service and they have been good to me.
How much over MSRP is $54,635?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #22
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
How much over MSRP is $54,635?
If it's fully loaded, it's right around MSRP.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0