Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Sorry for yet another post, but just had a call from the dealer and it's looking very positive. Although they cannot 100% confirm a build slot until the start of July due to some minor changes to the 1 Series model line that could have an impact on my order?!
Good luck, what colour ?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #376
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod99 View Post
I'm getting paint protection coating (3 layers) followed by two coats of wax polish through somebody i know (and trust) as they have done work on my previous cars. - around £185 if i recall correctly; South East area. The dealer products are just a sales tactic and the sales exec. will obviously make commission on selling it you!
well if they want to earn another £185, point them in the direction of Woking next week and I'll use them too!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #377
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Good luck, what colour ?
I've ordered the Alpine White with the following options:

- Folding mirrors
- Heated front seats
- Navigation-system Professional
- BMW Assist
- Bluetooth phone prep + telematics
- Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround
- USB audio interface
- Telephone USB audio interface

Hopefully these are the right bits to allow me to use my iPhone properly in the car for music (album art on the nav screen) and handsfree bluetooth. I'll also get the dealer fit iPhone cradle when the car is in.

The only other bits will be the black grill surrounds at the front, but I believe these are again a dealer fit item?

I should have confirmation of delivery by early July and my dealer seemed to think if everything was confirmed, I'd receive a September build date.

Basically my dealer has put the request into BMW and then phoned them up. He was told that there was a small part change that may affect the 1M production with slight delays, but BMW were yet to confirm whether it had an impact on the car or not. However, I guess the good sign is that they didn't tell him to "go away", so there must be at least some allocation of cars left.

Fingers crossed I'll be one of the lucky 450!!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #378
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Basically my dealer has put the request into BMW and then phoned them up. He was told that there was a small part change that may affect the 1M production with slight delays, but BMW were yet to confirm whether it had an impact on the car or not.
The Leipzig plant ran out of right hand drive dashboards, so from now on it's left hand drive only.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #379
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:

- Folding mirrors
- Heated front seats
- BMW Assist
- Bluetooth phone prep + telematics
- USB audio interface

Hopefully these are the right bits to allow me to use my iPhone properly in the car for music (album art on the nav screen) and handsfree bluetooth. I'll also get the dealer fit iPhone cradle when the car is in.

The only other bits will be the black grill surrounds at the front, but I believe these are again a dealer fit item?

I should have confirmation of delivery by early July and my dealer seemed to think if everything was confirmed, I'd receive a September build date.

Basically my dealer has put the request into BMW and then phoned them up. He was told that there was a small part change that may affect the 1M production with slight delays, but BMW were yet to confirm whether it had an impact on the car or not. However, I guess the good sign is that they didn't tell him to "go away", so there must be at least some allocation of cars left.

Nice spec, i would get the internet option as well at £95 its a relative bargain. Maybe you should consider the BMW apps option as well if you are thinking all things Apple ?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #380
npg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 (sold)

Ordered mine saturday val orange due in september hope i made correct colour choice had white m3 & focus rs,1m looks very nice in white but needed a change no much left off the spec list. Clive being you have this colour do you think it suits the car.Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #381
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Well, obviously I'm biased, but yes :-) I wasn't sure about the tinted side glass before I saw the car, but I think it totally works with VO. Had lots of positive comments already, and it's only been sat on the drive! My detailer is just finishing his days work and I'll be taking it to the office tomorrow, so we'll see what people think :-) (and getting the first 11% of the first running in distance done ;-) ).
      06-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #382
npg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 (sold)

Thanks for the reply,i think i will stick with val orange salesman said that is the colour he would have if specing car for himself,but always nice to hear from someone with first hand knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #383
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

- Folding mirrors
- Heated front seats
- BMW Assist
- Bluetooth phone prep telematics
- USB audio interface

Nice spec, i would get the internet option as well at £95 its a relative bargain. Maybe you should consider the BMW apps option as well if you are thinking all things Apple ?
I did think about the Internet but I couldn't see the point when I have my phone on me and can access any sites. Stupid question, but is it full internet access in the car and what can it do that I can do on my iPhone?

I did look at the apps as well but I don't use Twitter and the other things on there.

I just hope i can definitely get one as I'm waiting for BMW to confirm the build shortly
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #384
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I did think about the Internet but I couldn't see the point when I have my phone on me and can access any sites. Stupid question, but is it full internet access in the car and what can it do that I can do on my iPhone?

I did look at the apps as well but I don't use Twitter and the other things on there.

I just hope i can definitely get one as I'm waiting for BMW to confirm the build shortly
Hey, any more info on the production changes mate?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #385
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Hey, any more info on the production changes mate?
Nope, not heard anything back and don't expect to until early July when I should know whether I've definitely got a 1M or not. I'll update when I hear anything

It is a little frustrating not knowing because I'm in a bit of a dilemma about selling my current car at the moment. I don't want to sell it if I haven't got the 1M, but at the same time, I don't want to sit around with it not being advertised if I am going to get the 1M. I guess the best I can do is put it up, see what interest I get and hope that I'll get the confirmation from BMW before selling. We'll see
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #386
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nope, not heard anything back and don't expect to until early July when I should know whether I've definitely got a 1M or not. I'll update when I hear anything

It is a little frustrating not knowing because I'm in a bit of a dilemma about selling my current car at the moment. I don't want to sell it if I haven't got the 1M, but at the same time, I don't want to sit around with it not being advertised if I am going to get the 1M. I guess the best I can do is put it up, see what interest I get and hope that I'll get the confirmation from BMW before selling. We'll see
Thanks and good luck whichever route you take!
A dealer has informed me that he doesn't know of any changes to 1M but at the same plant there were issues with X1?

My car has arrived at the dealers! Early, yay!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #387
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks and good luck whichever route you take!
A dealer has informed me that he doesn't know of any changes to 1M but at the same plant there were issues with X1?

My car has arrived at the dealers! Early, yay!
Looking forward to the pics of your car, remember we both shared the which colour dilema for many tormented weeks before making the final decision lol. When are you picking it up ?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #388
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looking forward to the pics of your car, remember we both shared the which colour dilema for many tormented weeks before making the final decision lol. When are you picking it up ?
Dealer hasn't informed me yet. Eugegall has kindly got some photos for me and should be getting more later.

I know for sure I have made the right colour choice, for me. All 3 colours look great on the 1M, thats why it is so hard. But for my circumstances, BSM is just right!

Last edited by as7920; 06-14-2011 at 06:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #389
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Dealer hasn't informed me yet. Eugenall has kindly got some photos for me and should be getting more later.

I know for sure I have made the right colour choice, for me. All 3 colours look great on the 1M, thats why it is so hard. But for my circumstances, BSM is just right!
Agreed if the colour choice is right for you then thats great I look forward to the pictures and your initial comments on the car. I am counting the days until 2nd of July when i finally get mine
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #390
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Agreed if the colour choice is right for you then thats great I look forward to the pictures and your initial comments on the car. I am counting the days until 2nd of July when i finally get mine
Could yours be early too?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:55 AM   #391
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:

I don't see you having any issues obtaining an order, my misses went in and ordered last Wed and its confirmed, just prior I had emailed BMW UK Customer Services asking the numbers still available to order and there is still more than enough on the system I was informed.............
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #392
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Could yours be early too?
That would be nice, i could ask the dealer to email me some pictures when it arrives. My problem is i am out of country until 1st of July and dont get back in time to pick it up so 2nd of July it is then
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #393
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

My car (well soon enough!).........Thanks to Eugegall and his GF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 07:21 AM   #394
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List

...and the rear window tint doesnt seem too dark either

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #395
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Beautiful

What mods are you getting done st the dealers ?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #396
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Sorry i keep ing all over the place
Appreciate 0