BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #111
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries932 View Post
I am still on the fence about which exhaust to get. I was thinking of getting berk, but a couple reviews said it had a lot of drone. I think I might just end up going with the BMW performance exhaust since I already have the berk midpipes.

As for the DP...that is also something I have been on the fence about...a ton of people say it makes the cabin smell like gasoline when you are stopped...so that kind of makes me weary since I am always in traffic. Not to mention having to take it off every single time I want to take the car to BMW.

I am ordering procede this friday and I might just go the cosmetic route after that.
I haven't heard anything about the smell but I hope it isn't true or it may be a problem.

But once I get it installed I would be more than happy to give you a ride in it to see if you want the DP / full exhaust.

I am actually going up to HP Autowerks tomorrow to get it done.

BTW is anyone on here the Black 135i convertible with black stock rims at CSUN? Just saw it today in the parking garage. I would have parked next to you but you parked a bit far up and I like to park closer to the exit to get out faster lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #112
Aries932
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I haven't heard anything about the smell but I hope it isn't true or it may be a problem.

But once I get it installed I would be more than happy to give you a ride in it to see if you want the DP / full exhaust.

I am actually going up to HP Autowerks tomorrow to get it done.

BTW is anyone on here the Black 135i convertible with black stock rims at CSUN? Just saw it today in the parking garage. I would have parked next to you but you parked a bit far up and I like to park closer to the exit to get out faster lol.
Yea definitely that sounds great, and you can check out the BMW performance suspension that I have on my car at the same time. I have a pretty big bonus coming in on friday so I am trying to decide on what I want to pick up. I definitely know I want to put on procede. If the exhaust sounds good I will probably pick that up with the vishnu DP at the same time.

I am definitely in need of new rims and tires as well.
      05-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #113
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea definitely that sounds great, and you can check out the BMW performance suspension that I have on my car at the same time. I have a pretty big bonus coming in on friday so I am trying to decide on what I want to pick up. I definitely know I want to put on procede. If the exhaust sounds good I will probably pick that up with the vishnu DP at the same time.

I am definitely in need of new rims and tires as well.
Yeah I was originally going to get DP + JB but after doing tons of research I decided I want to wait until more tune options come out such as Cobb since right now your basically helping all the companies beta test there stuff since they haven't cracked everything about the engine. Which I am not a fan of.

So I plan to just get the DP + Full Exhaust tomorrow. Then I might pick up some new rims as well, maybe HP Autowerks will have something in there shop tomorrow that I like and at a good price. I really want a front lip or front splitters as well since I feel like the front of the car isn't aggressive enough for my tastes.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #114
Aries932
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I was originally going to get DP + JB but after doing tons of research I decided I want to wait until more tune options come out such as Cobb since right now your basically helping all the companies beta test there stuff since they haven't cracked everything about the engine. Which I am not a fan of.

So I plan to just get the DP + Full Exhaust tomorrow. Then I might pick up some new rims as well, maybe HP Autowerks will have something in there shop tomorrow that I like and at a good price. I really want a front lip or front splitters as well since I feel like the front of the car isn't aggressive enough for my tastes.
I was just thinking about this the other day...and both procede and JB3 have quit a lot of control over the engine. The only thing tuners are having problems with is being able to flash the car through the OBDII, which is almost completely due to BMW's new software. In fact there is a company called euro something or other that somehow flashes your car without using the OBDII....weirdly enough and they make some really strong numbers as well.

So I would probably take another look into procede if I were you. Shiv is still running pretty conservative numbers in terms of boost at the moment.
      05-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #115
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was just thinking about this the other day...and both procede and JB3 have quit a lot of control over the engine. The only thing tuners are having problems with is being able to flash the car through the OBDII, which is almost completely due to BMW's new software. In fact there is a company called euro something or other that somehow flashes your car without using the OBDII....weirdly enough and they make some really strong numbers as well.

So I would probably take another look into procede if I were you. Shiv is still running pretty conservative numbers in terms of boost at the moment.
Well I haven't done an official write up / review yet but I have not encountered any type of gas smell with the 4" DP and Berk Full Street. But I also drive with the windows up all the time since I prefer the AC. I talked to Harold about it and he said you will only get the smell if your in traffic and you have all the windows down.

Well I really want something that can flash through the OBD and hold different tunes such as Cobb's handheld, thats what I am holding out for. Or GIAC since Harold works with them.

Also saw a black 135i on Vanowen and Canoga today at 7:30, was that anyone?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #116
Aries932
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well I haven't done an official write up / review yet but I have not encountered any type of gas smell with the 4" DP and Berk Full Street. But I also drive with the windows up all the time since I prefer the AC. I talked to Harold about it and he said you will only get the smell if your in traffic and you have all the windows down.

Well I really want something that can flash through the OBD and hold different tunes such as Cobb's handheld, thats what I am holding out for. Or GIAC since Harold works with them.

Also saw a black 135i on Vanowen and Canoga today at 7:30, was that anyone?
I am ordering procede early next week so when I get it in we should meet up and exchange thoughts on procede and your exhaust set up.

The one thing I really like about procede is that it only takes the flip of the cruise control stalk to switch maps. I really do not plan to be driving in traffic with increased boost so it is nice to know that when I want to go fast I dont have to pull over to the side of the road flash my car and then go. I just have to flip the cruise control stalk.

I really plan to be driving around stock most of the time and then just switch every now and then to mess around.

Also are any of you planning on hitting up super car sunday this week?
      05-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #117
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am ordering procede early next week so when I get it in we should meet up and exchange thoughts on procede and your exhaust set up.

The one thing I really like about procede is that it only takes the flip of the cruise control stalk to switch maps. I really do not plan to be driving in traffic with increased boost so it is nice to know that when I want to go fast I dont have to pull over to the side of the road flash my car and then go. I just have to flip the cruise control stalk.

I really plan to be driving around stock most of the time and then just switch every now and then to mess around.

Also are any of you planning on hitting up super car sunday this week?
I personally don't like having tunes stored in the ECU due to detection purposes and etc. I would much prefer having the tunes stored on the hand held unit then it would flash which tune I want.

I will be at Bimmerfest tomorrow but not planning to go to supercar.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #118
Aries932
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I personally don't like having tunes stored in the ECU due to detection purposes and etc. I would much prefer having the tunes stored on the hand held unit then it would flash which tune I want.

I will be at Bimmerfest tomorrow but not planning to go to supercar.
Yea I have a lawyer convention I have to attend tomorrow so I am not able to go unfortunately...I was pretty bitter about that one.

As for procede it does not store tunes in the ECU...the whole device works by intercepting the signals going through the ECU and is actually less detectable than a flash. If you want stock it just lets the signals go right through. If you want tuned it just adjusts the signals. Anyways though I will show you in a weeks time when I pick it up. The tunes are stored on the procede unit no the ECU.
      05-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #119
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea I have a lawyer convention I have to attend tomorrow so I am not able to go unfortunately...I was pretty bitter about that one.

As for procede it does not store tunes in the ECU...the whole device works by intercepting the signals going through the ECU and is actually less detectable than a flash. If you want stock it just lets the signals go right through. If you want tuned it just adjusts the signals. Anyways though I will show you in a weeks time when I pick it up. The tunes are stored on the procede unit no the ECU.
Yeah that sounds like me except on Sunday, I have to go show a bunch of townhouse units in Sherman Oaks since I am in Real Estate.

I actually look forward to getting a ride in your car after the procede. When I visited HP Autowerks, Harold's 7DCT 135i was having its trunk repainted so I wasn't able to get a ride to see how the JB3 was so I haven't been able to truly experience a tuned N55 yet.

But I did not know that about the Procede, I just automatically assumed that it stored the different flash's in the ECU since it didn't seem like Cobb's hand held unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #120
ttam
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater

Spotted RWolf10 on the 57N. You were in the carpool lane and I was the AW e92
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #121
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

To aw 135i on the 5 leaving downtown sd (partial painted cf hood)

Slow down, youre not impressing anyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #122
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
To aw 135i on the 5 leaving downtown sd (partial painted cf hood)

Slow down, youre not impressing anyone.
lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #123
RWolf10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam View Post
Spotted RWolf10 on the 57N. You were in the carpool lane and I was the AW e92
Whatup ttam! you have a nice ride. my gf and i were admiring your HID halos. i'll be puttin on my alpine HID set sometime soon as well. check out my ride, i put on new wheels just after i saw you before Bimmerfest...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531208

Maybe i'll see you again soon. watch out for the #1 lane there on the 57N. Just after Lambert theres a pretty significant bump there where the freeway joins the bridge going over the exit into brea canyon road....

Ran
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #124
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I used to live in Chino Hills wolf..even went to Eagle Canyon elementary...sup
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #125
RWolf10
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
I used to live in Chino Hills wolf..even went to Eagle Canyon elementary...sup
Sup. i went to Rolling Ridge Elementary. you went to Cal Poly Pomona too right?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #126
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolf10 View Post
Sup. i went to Rolling Ridge Elementary. you went to Cal Poly Pomona too right?
umm yes how did u know that? do i know you or something..lol i forgot.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #127
RWolf10
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
umm yes how did u know that? do i know you or something..lol i forgot.
Yeah man, i went to cal poly pomona too. we met at the jzhang photoshoot at Cal State LA. i had the then, nearly stock, lowered 135 with the RissRacing exhaust. i remember you as the lawyer that'll get us out of jail when we evade the popo in our 1ers....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #128
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah man, i went to cal poly pomona too. we met at the jzhang photoshoot at Cal State LA. i had the then, nearly stock, lowered 135 with the RissRacing exhaust. i remember you as the lawyer that'll get us out of jail when we evade the popo in our 1ers....
lol oh yeah i remember...f the police
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #129
ttam
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater

Quote:
Whatup ttam! you have a nice ride. my gf and i were admiring your HID halos. i'll be puttin on my alpine HID set sometime soon as well. check out my ride, i put on new wheels just after i saw you before Bimmerfest...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531208

Maybe i'll see you again soon. watch out for the #1 lane there on the 57N. Just after Lambert theres a pretty significant bump there where the freeway joins the bridge going over the exit into brea canyon road....

Ran
Yeah buddy! I saw your car at Bimmerfest as well! Nice CCW's
The Alpine HID is a definite +1

As for the crazy bumps, yeah, I moved all the way to the slow lane once I hit that area. They really gotta fix that part of the freeway since they are closing it down every night from 1am-5am

Quote:
I had a cal poly alum plate.
Small world, when did you graduate?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #130
RWolf10
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam View Post
I had a cal poly alum plate.
Small world, when did you graduate?
Indeed. Last June - majored in Finance, Real Estate and Law. How about you?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #131
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Chino Hills Party!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #132
RWolf10
Lieutenant